+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Winter 2020 Intake: (SDS/Non SDS) Pakistani Students Only

Taimoor rana

Feb 17, 2020
1. Have you open Foreign Currency bank account? If yes, which bank, city and branch?

Yes. UBL, New Garden Town, Lahore. Next to KFC

2. Do we have to be a filer to open Foreign Currency bank account?
Yes. You show a source of income and you should be a filer. If you cannot, your father can open a foreign currency account and transfer funds to your GIC account.
Just want to clear that you cannot send GIC amount from any other account(not even father's), it has to be your's, otherwise they will send you money back. Be a filer first and then open a Foreign Currency Account. I would suggest Faisal bank, State Life Society, Lahore(Branch Code=3226. Manager name is Mr. Umair. I sent My GIC following the same procedure, No extra charges were deducted.

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
Just want to clear that you cannot send GIC amount from any other account(not even father's), it has to be your's, otherwise they will send you money back. Be a filer first and then open a Foreign Currency Account. I would suggest Faisal bank, State Life Society, Lahore(Branch Code=3226. Manager name is Mr. Umair. I sent My GIC following the same procedure, No extra charges were deducted.
uhm actually you can send money through a joint account with your father/mother but yes just sending money from your fathers account wont work

Taimoor rana

Feb 17, 2020
Hi everyone,
Has Pakistan opened its Visa centers, and have the started taking Biometrics. Haven't applied for visa yet but planning to do so in next week.
Anyone who can guide??

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
Hi everyone,
Has Pakistan opened its Visa centers, and have the started taking Biometrics. Haven't applied for visa yet but planning to do so in next week.
Anyone who can guide??
i believe VACs are open from August 5th you can book your application for biometric once you receive the letter

Maham malik

Star Member
Dec 22, 2019

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
Thanks...i have suucesdfully booked my appointment for August 5, but couldn't receive appointment letter through email. It is mention over there that my appointment is confirm and email has been sent. But i have not received any.
check spam folder

Usman6843

Star Member
Jun 28, 2020
Thanks...i have suucesdfully booked my appointment for August 5, but couldn't receive appointment letter through email. It is mention over there that my appointment is confirm and email has been sent. But i have not received any.
I have booked someone appointment but same issue happened, mail not received, i checked spam folders but not received. You should go for biometrics at the time you choose for appointment and they will help you to sort out this issue.

Usman6843

Star Member
Jun 28, 2020
You should take screenshot of reference number, then it will be easy for them to help you.

Vycanis

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
Hey, I confirmed from VFS on the email. Below is their response. Hope it helps.

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for contacting Canada Visa Information Service Centre for Pakistan.

Please be informed that due to technical issue on the website you are unable to receive appointment letter. You can visit at the Visa Application Center on your scheduled time and date without an appointment letter. Furthermore, if your appointment has been confirmed then you may visit on the scheduled date and time.