My Profile:
•All As/A* in O Levels
•Been to Turkey, USA, Saudia and UAE
•Have a valid USA visa
•Applied to memorial university in Canada
•Both Parents have stable jobs
•3-4 Lands in name of parents
•Never been refused a visa before
I have heard that normal visa is not approved only sds is, is it true?
I will be applying through regular stream by 15April at Max InShaAllah.
given my profile, do i stand a chance?
If yes will the visa be processed before September 2020?
Really worried pls someone reply
Thanks in Advance.
Non-SDS is taking 10 weeks for most of the applications being processed from Pakistan. Which means your application will mostly be processed by the end of June or early July.

You have got a decent profile. Draft your SOP and additional documents carefully.

Good luck!

abdlaqeel

Mar 10, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
17th May
Med's Request
8 Sep
Passport Req..
29th Nov
Non-SDS is taking 10 weeks for most of the applications being processed from Pakistan. Which means your application will mostly be processed by the end of June or early July.

You have got a decent profile. Draft your SOP and additional documents carefully.

Good luck!
Thanks InShaAllah. Another thing, my brother will be applying too to the same uni. Would it be better if we both applied together or he deferred his decision and came next semester to avoid visa problems?

Saadarif111

Star Member
Aug 20, 2019
Thanks InShaAllah. Another thing, my brother will be applying too to the same uni. Would it be better if we both applied together or he deferred his decision and came next semester to avoid visa problems?
Every case is considered independently. Family information is important just in case you have dependents accompanying you on your study permit and dependents applying for open work permit. In your case, both of you will be applying for individual study permits. I don't think so that it will effect any one of your application. Both of you have your own study and career plans.

Submit the complete applications and InshAllah, both of you will get the positive results.

abdlaqeel

Mar 10, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
17th May
Med's Request
8 Sep
Passport Req..
29th Nov
Every case is considered independently. Family information is important just in case you have dependents accompanying you on your study permit and dependents applying for open work permit. In your case, both of you will be applying for individual study permits. I don't think so that it will effect any one of your application. Both of you have your own study and career plans.

Submit the complete applications and InshAllah, both of you will get the positive results.
But we’ll have to show double the bank statement right? Like if my tuition is 12k and living 10k and im showing a statement of 35k CAD
If my brother applied with me, we’ll have to show a statement of 70k CAD right?
Or will 35k CAD work too?
Im really confused

Saadarif111

Star Member
Aug 20, 2019
But we’ll have to show double the bank statement right? Like if my tuition is 12k and living 10k and im showing a statement of 35k CAD
If my brother applied with me, we’ll have to show a statement of 70k CAD right?
Or will 35k CAD work too?
Im really confused
Your point is valid. Look for SDS option for any one of you. GIC and IELTS are not a big issue.

Or if finance is not an issue, each one of you show different bank account statements with minimum amount of 3.5 - 4 MPKR maintained in each account.

abdlaqeel

Mar 10, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
17th May
Med's Request
8 Sep
Passport Req..
29th Nov
Your point is valid. Look for SDS option for any one of you. GIC and IELTS are not a big issue.

Or if finance is not an issue, each one of you show different bank account statements with minimum amount of 3.5 - 4 MPKR maintained in each account.
Also Ive heard that if i have given O Levels English I don’t need IELTS even for SDS. Is it true?

Saadarif111

Star Member
Aug 20, 2019
Also Ive heard that if i have given O Levels English I don’t need IELTS even for SDS. Is it true?
CIC website doesn't say anything like this. Also, as per my info, this is not true. O levels English exam might help you in getting an exemption while applying for universities but not for SDS.

My suggestion would be, go for IELTS and don't limit your options for universities even. Just a prep of 2 weeks could get you good band score.

abdlaqeel

Mar 10, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
17th May
Med's Request
8 Sep
Passport Req..
29th Nov
CIC website doesn't say anything like this. Also, as per my info, this is not true. O levels English exam might help you in getting an exemption while applying for universities but not for SDS.

My suggestion would be, go for IELTS and don't limit your options for universities even. Just a prep of 2 weeks could get you good band score.
Actually I have my AS Levels exams coming and theyre super hard already. Taking out time to prep for IELTS wouldnt be possible. I could try and give without prepping but i dont know if id get a good score.
the only option seemingly viable is applying normal myself first and then my brother applies in next semester

Saadarif111

Star Member
Aug 20, 2019
Actually I have my AS Levels exams coming and theyre super hard already. Taking out time to prep for IELTS wouldnt be possible. I could try and give without prepping but i dont know if id get a good score.
the only option seemingly viable is applying normal myself first and then my brother applies in next semester
Yeah, if it works for both of you.

Good luck!

Reactions: abdlaqeel

Farazahsheikh

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Pakistan
Can’t give IELTS and make GIC :(
You have all As/A*s in your O'levels. IELTS shouldn't even be an issue. And no, you need IELTS for SDS even if you have given O'levels English. I had an A* in my O'levels English but I still had to give IELTS. It's mandatory. Go for SDS, it'll save you lots of time and hassle.