+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Winter 2020 Intake: (SDS/Non SDS) Pakistani Students Only

Oct 9, 2019
Faris your profile is very strong you should apply for express entry. You have very good chance, you need atleast CLB9 benchmark in IELTS general i.e. L8 W7 R7 S7
Kindly respond to my query.
I just got a medical call after a month of application submission (student visa non-sds). After sending my info for a medical appointment (name, passport number, contact number, etc) they notified me that I have provided the wrong passport number (i have given the booklet number instead of passport number). Upon further inspection, I found that I have made the same mistake in the visa application form. What should i do now? Need help!!!

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
Kindly respond to my query.
I just got a medical call after a month of application submission (student visa non-sds). After sending my info for a medical appointment (name, passport number, contact number, etc) they notified me that I have provided the wrong passport number (i have given the booklet number instead of passport number). Upon further inspection, I found that I have made the same mistake in the visa application form. What should i do now? Need help!!!
Send a scan copy of your passport with an explanation letter to inform IRCC regarding an error on passport number. Request them to change it and also fill out new study permit application form make sure everything remains exactly same but with correct passport number. Don't forget to let VO know in your explanation letter. Do it as soon as you can.

Meanwhile if DMP office giving you hard time due to error in medical form let them know that you are doing upfront medical instead. Once you done with medical exam the IOM office will give you medical eFrom attach that form and send it to IRCC with explanation letter to update your medical details with UMI number instead. Hope this help.

Oct 9, 2019
Sure. Lastly, do I need to fill the application form again with the correct passport number and attach it with the web form or just scan a copy of my passport as proof of the mistake?

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
Sure. Lastly, do I need to fill the application form again with the correct passport number and attach it with the web form or just scan a copy of my passport as proof of the mistake?
Both, dude you are confusing your self you asked this question on every single thread. My advise don't complicate things and update info voluntarily. When I was applying for my study permit back in 2011 I also made a silly mistake I put my status in Pakistan as worker instead of Citizen. I realized later and did the same thing as I suggested you.

Oct 9, 2019
Both, dude you are confusing your self you asked this question on every single thread. My advise don't complicate things and update info voluntarily. When I was applying for my study permit back in 2011 I also made a silly mistake I put my status in Pakistan as worker instead of Citizen. I realized later and did the same thing as I suggested you.
Sorry for this. You can understand my situation. How nervous I am right now. Lastly, how long will it delay the processing time?

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
Sorry for this. You can understand my situation. How nervous I am right now. Lastly, how long will it delay the processing time?
No need to be stress out it happens we all are human. I won't delay the process when officer will review your medicals results and open your file again they will see your request and will update it right away. Delay will happen when you update after passport request then VO will have to change it again and re issue you another request.

Rimshajameel001

Oct 31, 2019
Canada
Hi, my name is rimsha, i have applied for admission in Canadian university and got LOA.
Now I want to get gic from canadian bank but don't know which bank is best for Pakistanis and how to transfer money from my Pakistani HBL account to Canadian bank!
Anyone who can help me in this regard?
I would be grateful

rajahamid1191

Oct 9, 2019
I have applied for Student visa under SDS. I applied on 29th September. Got medical clearance on 29th September. Biometric done on 02nd October. Eligibility started on 17th October. Got First Ghost update on 28th October. After that no mail till today. Has anyone got visa under SDS for post Graduation studies? How long do we have to wait?

Reactions: iq1993

Farazahsheikh

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Pakistan
Hi, my name is rimsha, i have applied for admission in Canadian university and got LOA.
Now I want to get gic from canadian bank but don't know which bank is best for Pakistanis and how to transfer money from my Pakistani HBL account to Canadian bank!
Anyone who can help me in this regard?
I would be grateful
You can use either Scotiabank or Habib Canadian Bank, but Scotiabank is infamous for unnecessarily rejecting the payments, so I'd suggest you to go with HCB. And to wire the money from Pakistan you need to have a foreign currency account.

Reactions: Rimshajameel001

iq1993

Jan 19, 2017
Hi everyone,

Please help.

I am applying through the SDS but am stuck with the GIC part. I have opened an account with scotiabank but I dont know how to send from Lahore,Pakistan.

My UBL manager first said I would have to open an foreign currency account and be an active filer. After two- three hectic weeks I was able to open the account and become an unemployed filer. The account has USD only so I placed about USD 7900 approx CAD 10411 now the UBL are wasting my time as they don't how to do the transaction and after going back and forth they said they could do only tt wire and since then I have made transaction 3 times but UBL keeps coming up with excuses that the cheque wasn't right (which the manager himself filled), I carefully filled another and then another, they kept delaying and now they are asking me to pay additional US$400 for them to wire, its quite too much. Its all messed up and the manager is so incompetent that I dont know what do now.

Has anyone been able to get GIC successfully done, if so please guide how you did it and what did the bank charge, what was the with holding tax (because the date is drawing closer and I dont know what to do). PLEASE HELP!

Last edited:

iq1993

Jan 19, 2017
I have applied for Student visa under SDS. I applied on 29th September. Got medical clearance on 29th September. Biometric done on 02nd October. Eligibility started on 17th October. Got First Ghost update on 28th October. After that no mail till today. Has anyone got visa under SDS for post Graduation studies? How long do we have to wait?
How did you get the GIC, please guide.

Farazahsheikh

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Pakistan
Hi everyone,

Please help.

I am applying through the SDS but am stuck with the GIC part. I have opened an account with scotiabank but I dont know how to send from Lahore,Pakistan.

My UBL manager first said I would have to open an foreign currency account and be an active filer. After two- three hectic weeks I was able to open the account and become an unemployed filer. The account has USD only so I placed about USD 7900 approx CAD 10411 now the UBL are wasting my time as they don't how to do the transaction and after going back and forth they said they could do only tt wire and since then I have made transaction 3 times but UBL keeps coming up with excuses that the cheque wasn't right (which the manager himself filled), I carefully filled another and then another, they kept delaying and now they are asking me to pay additional US$400 for them to wire, its quite too much. Its all messed up and the manager is so incompetent that I dont know what do now.

Has anyone been able to get GIC successfully done, if so please guide how you did it and what did the bank charge, what was the with holding tax (because the date is drawing closer and I dont know what to do). PLEASE HELP!
Get someone from Scotiabank to talk to your UBL bank manager. Also, make sure the details you are providing during your transfer are the same as your passport's. I.e., address.