+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Winter 2020 Intake: (SDS/Non SDS) Pakistani Students Only

Sam96

Sep 10, 2019
Applied paper-based application on 17th October.
Intended program: Master of Computer Science (Carleton University)
Intake: Winter 2020.

Anybody applied for the same?

proactivejaf

Aug 17, 2015
Hi everyone,

I am applying for my sister thru SDS.

I need to know how can we get our GIC done?

Really need help! Appreciate it much

Thanks

Usman8136

Oct 22, 2019
You can open up the account with Habib Canadian bank and talk to Asad shab there. Just so you know my brother GIC application took 1.5 month. There was no problem at HCB end it was Pakistani bank who made the mistake. So i would recomend doing it through Standard chartered or other world bank. Simply opne up foriegn currency account (US dollar). If any question, send me your number at following and i will guide you. usmanch0315@gmail.com

Reactions: Rimshajameel001

Usman8136

Oct 22, 2019
Hi! I have done Bachelors in Computer Engineering and working in IT industry for past 2.5 years, planning to do Master's from Canada in sept.2020. My brother is a Canadian citizen and parents have also got Canadian super-visa (for 10 years).

Here are my some questions:

1) I have heard there are strong chances of rejection if i applied for Canada as i have strong ties in Canada? How can i fix it? any suggestions?
2) First year MS fee + GIC ($10,000) around $20k-$24k would be sufficient for the whole process or i have to show bank statements(proof of funds) other than that?

Kindly answer as i can't waste time if the rejection chances are high,i must plan for MS from another country.

Thanks
Contact XL Immigration in Abbotsford Canada, He did my brother case. I live in Canada and my brother is in Pakistan.

Usman8136

Oct 22, 2019
So what happened with our case in beneficiary account details bank was keep putting canada in address although my brother was never been to canada the address must be Applicant’s permanent address not canadian one. I did it through Habib Canadian bank they are very supportive and very fast.
Same happend to my brother and it delayed the process by 1.5 month

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
Hi everyone,

I am applying for my sister thru SDS.

I need to know how can we get our GIC done?

Really need help! Appreciate it much

Thanks
I second to what Usman said. I also opened my brothers account in HCB and Syed Asad helped me a lot is took us al most a month with bank in Pakistan they were keep making mistakes very unorganized and unprofessional behaviour by Meezan bank. Asad helped me a lot and also explained Meezan bank remittance department in Karachi how this system works and finally got GIC.

Cstrlhynn

Aug 21, 2019
Hello can anybody help me with SOP i got rejected yesterday. But planning to re apply. I will be pursuing computer network at centennial college and im a 4 years graduate in Bachelor of Science in Information Technology. Can somebody help me for stronger SOP?

reason of refusal
Purpose of Visit
Current employment
Employment prospects in my country
Personal assests
Family ties

friendlyneighbour

Sep 25, 2019
Hello can anybody help me with SOP i got rejected yesterday. But planning to re apply. I will be pursuing computer network at centennial college and im a 4 years graduate in Bachelor of Science in Information Technology. Can somebody help me for stronger SOP?

reason of refusal
Purpose of Visit
Current employment
Employment prospects in my country
Personal assests
Family ties
Apply for a masters degree rather than diploma as you already have a bachelors degree, recommended progression to bachelor's degree is master's

Ahmed161

Oct 24, 2019
Hello!

I have applied for Winter2020 for Mengg in Concordia University.
I am planning to apply through SDS. I have few questions regarding the process:

1) Currently,I am stuck at getting GIC. Bank Al Habib in Khi is totally useless and has been using delaying tactics since last two weeks. I have opened up account in Scotia Bank and wire transfer is a BIG BIG Problem from here.
Can anyone help me out with this? Or suggest me some Bank who has done GIC transfer from Karachi.

2) Medical assessment is needed before applying through SDS ??

3) For January intake(considering GIC issues), I will be applying in 1st or 2nd week of November. Is it too late?? What are the chances?

Any help will be highly appreciated!!

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
Hello!

I have applied for Winter2020 for Mengg in Concordia University.
I am planning to apply through SDS. I have few questions regarding the process:

1) Currently,I am stuck at getting GIC. Bank Al Habib in Khi is totally useless and has been using delaying tactics since last two weeks. I have opened up account in Scotia Bank and wire transfer is a BIG BIG Problem from here.
Can anyone help me out with this? Or suggest me some Bank who has done GIC transfer from Karachi.

2) Medical assessment is needed before applying through SDS ??

3) For January intake(considering GIC issues), I will be applying in 1st or 2nd week of November. Is it too late?? What are the chances?

Any help will be highly appreciated!!

Hi Ahmed,

indeed transferring our own funds is so hard all idiots are working in bank they have no knowledge nor trying to learn and help. It took 1.5 months for my brother in law to send money from Meezan to here in Habib Canadian bank for GIC. Meezan bank messed up two times and we have to pay taxes each time and transferring fee which cost us additionally 160000PKR. What bank al Habib is saying or why are they delaying?

In order to apply for SDS you must have to do the medical first I suggest book an appointment asap.

Considering avg processing time is 20 day I would say apply no later then first week of November as in December IRCC office process slow down a lot due to holidays and Christmas.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ahmed161

Ahmed161

Oct 24, 2019
Hi Ahmed,

indeed transferring our own funds is so hard all idiots are working in bank they have no knowledge nor trying to learn and help. It took 1.5 months for my brother in law to send money from Meezan to here in Habib Canadian bank for GIC. Meezan bank messed up two times and we have to pay taxes each time and transferring fee which cost us additionally 160000PKR. What bank al Habib is saying or why are they delaying?

In order to apply for SDS you must have to do the medical first I suggest book an appointment asap.

Considering avg processing time is 20 day I would say apply no later then first week of November as in December IRCC office process slow down a lot due to holidays and Christmas.

Good luck!

Bank Al Habib people are just asking one another for the process and i have filled about 10 different forms for remittance and they're just putting objections on it. Is Standard Chartered a good option?

Thanks for the help :)

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
Bank Al Habib people are just asking one another for the process and i have filled about 10 different forms for remittance and they're just putting objections on it. Is Standard Chartered a good option?

Thanks for the help :)
Do you have a foreign currency account and are you a filer?