+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Winter 2020 Intake: (SDS/Non SDS) Pakistani Students Only

Shazd85

Oct 28, 2019
I am going to take medical in Islamabad next week and will obtain a police certificate as well. And also get a GIC and will pay full tuition. I am waiting for IELTS result. Just took a computer based IELTS for SDS program. Once i get the desire result which i am sure i will. Then i will prepare rest of the documents and planning to submit in mid November.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
I am going to take medical in Islamabad next week and will obtain a police certificate as well. And also get a GIC and will pay full tuition. I am waiting for IELTS result. Just took a computer based IELTS for SDS program. Once i get the desire result which i am sure i will. Then i will prepare rest of the documents and planning to submit in mid November.
When did you do the ielts test?
I am also trying to apply for my brother under sds and today was his ielts test. Let see fingers crossed

Shazd85

Oct 28, 2019
When did you do the ielts test?
I am also trying to apply for my brother under sds and today was his ielts test. Let see fingers crossed
I took IELTS on Sunday and was told that result should be available by Friday. I already have the offer letter and paid tuition deposit of 1500 CAD. My college didnt ask for IELTS beacuse my undergrad is from USA. I only took IELTS to rake advantage of SDS program.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
I took IELTS on Sunday and was told that result should be available by Friday. I already have the offer letter and paid tuition deposit of 1500 CAD. My college didnt ask for IELTS beacuse my undergrad is from USA. I only took IELTS to rake advantage of SDS program.
Nice however, you have to pay one whole year fee in advance for Sds

Shazd85

Oct 28, 2019
Yes thats correct. I have no problem with that. Its 17k. So i will have to pay 15.5k more plus 10k for GIC. Money isnt the issue here. I am just hoping that my visa gets approved so i can have piece of mind even though my program starts in MAY and if i am approved i will probably leave begining of April.

Mubarak786

Oct 12, 2019
Hi!
Can you please let me know about how did you pay for GIC, through which Pakistani bank and from which Canadian bank you purchased GIC? And second thing is that in online application for SDS visa there is no option to upload police certificate, so is it really necessary to opt for police certificate? Do you have any idea?

Shazd85

Oct 28, 2019
You can submit in additional documents. Yes its required. Dont go through bank go to Money Gram. They charge small fee for transaction and money is available in 2-3 days in your account abroad. Plus their exchange rate is much much better then bank. They gave me 118 PKr per 1 CAD whereas bank was giving me 124pkr per 1 CAD.

Mubarak786

Oct 12, 2019
You can submit in additional documents. Yes its required. Dont go through bank go to Money Gram. They charge small fee for transaction and money is available in 2-3 days in your account abroad. Plus their exchange rate is much much better then bank. They gave me 118 PKr per 1 CAD whereas bank was giving me 124pkr per 1 CAD.
But I can't use moneygram or 3rd party exchanges. I am going to purchase GIC of Scotia bank and in the application form It is mentioned that wire transfer must be from a bank account on my name and the name should match exactly with name on passport.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
But I can't use moneygram or 3rd party exchanges. I am going to purchase GIC of Scotia bank and in the application form It is mentioned that wire transfer must be from a bank account on my name and the name should match exactly with name on passport.
I second to that. Funds must be transferred from either applicant of their parents bank account only.

Shazd85

Oct 28, 2019
My apology i misread your question i thought u were trying to pay the tuition fee....for GIC yes your bank need to transfer the funds. Which bank account do you have. Remember send little more then what they ask because middle bank which is located in USA (intermediate bank ) take some fees...any foreign transfer goes through intermediate bank to beneficiary and you are responsible for all fees. Beneficiary wont pay exchange fee so if they receive less then 10k they will reject it which will delay the whole process.

Shazd85

Oct 28, 2019
My apology i misread your question i thought u were trying to pay the tuition fee....for GIC yes your bank need to transfer the funds. Which bank account do you have. Remember send little more then what they ask because middle bank which is located in USA (intermediate bank ) take some fees...any foreign transfer goes through intermediate bank to beneficiary and you are responsible for all fees. Beneficiary wont pay exchange fee so if they receive less then 10k they will reject it which will delay the whole process.
I forgot to mention u can only make a foreign transfer if u have foreign currency account. So first you need to open a foreign currency account in US doller. Then transfer the money to that account then have bank make a transfer to Canadian account....do it asap or atleast open forign currency account without that bank will not transfer any fund to your foreign account

Mubarak786

Oct 12, 2019
Thank you so much. I will pay some extra amount than required. I am going to open up a dollar account at UBL and then I will apply for Scotia bank's GIC.

Fariskhan93

Oct 28, 2019
Pakistan
Hey guys,

I'm new here, i got acceptance for my university after which i applied online for my study permit on 16th october 2019, i got my biometric request the very next day and completed the biometrics on 18th october 2019. I just recieved a biometric validation letter (28th october 2019) and haven't recieved anything other than that not even the medical request? Can anyone guide me here? I applied in non SDS.

Reactions: mehranyusuf

Shazd85

Oct 28, 2019
Buddy, Non SDS is very lengthy process could take up to 4 months unlike SDS which only take 20 days to get visa... So sit back and enjoy the ride.