+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Winter 2020 Intake: (SDS/Non SDS) Pakistani Students Only

Kashif01

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
can you share the process for CIBC?
what is "I would like to pay in Canadian Dollars for a 1.5% Program Fee"
well CIBC offers you to pay in different currencies currently they don't offer in PKR you can also transfer the 10000 CAD in USD but their exchange rate is 4-5% higher then the market so it is preferred for Pakistani students to pay in CAD for this they charge a 1.5% fee which is 150 CAD on top of 10000 CAD. but if you pay in USD there is no fee but the catch is they give you a heigher exchange rate like current exchange rate of 10000 CAd to USD is 7400USD but they will give you 7800 or 7900 USD rate which if you see is far more then their 1.5% fee so pay in Canadian dollars and ask your bank to convert the money to cad while sending from pak.

Reactions: Danish097

Ahadch3357

Nov 3, 2019
Wazirabad, Pakistan
Category........
CEC
well CIBC offers you to pay in different currencies currently they don't offer in PKR you can also transfer the 10000 CAD in USD but their exchange rate is 4-5% higher then the market so it is preferred for Pakistani students to pay in CAD for this they charge a 1.5% fee which is 150 CAD on top of 10000 CAD. but if you pay in USD there is no fee but the catch is they give you a heigher exchange rate like current exchange rate of 10000 CAd to USD is 7400USD but they will give you 7800 or 7900 USD rate which if you see is far more then their 1.5% fee so pay in Canadian dollars and ask your bank to convert the money to cad while sending from pak.
Ok Thanks

MK00004

Star Member
Sep 12, 2010
Help URGENT.

I am trying to apply the sds category for student , doesnt give any option to upload funds or other document just has a check list and let me just upload that , please advice

Reactions: Zohaib_tarrar20

MK00004

Star Member
Sep 12, 2010
i am just saying it gives the option for gic but is there any way i can attach additional funds information like bank statements

akhyar_89

Mar 10, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
with scotiabank your address needs to be in sae format as you have it in Pakistan bank account. like if you address in Pakistan bank account is house # 215 street 8 and in Scotiabank you put it as Street 8 house 215, although it is same, but they will send it back. So make sure address format stays word by word same and they will not return it. CIBC might have started now but before till May they did not have Pakistan in list other option is Habib Canadian bank but i will not recommend as they have very few branches in Canada.
I dont think thats the case. I had different addresses on soctiabank account and pakistani bank account. The address while opening scotia bank account must be the same as while applying for GIC. Even if there is a comma error they will return it. I got my GIC from scotia babk in 5 days

faisaljadoon

Star Member
Aug 22, 2019
I dont think thats the case. I had different addresses on soctiabank account and pakistani bank account. The address while opening scotia bank account must be the same as while applying for GIC. Even if there is a comma error they will return it. I got my GIC from scotia babk in 5 days
I guess ur right. All I know with scotia keep address same :)