+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Winnipeg - 2017 Citizenship Applicants

dutts

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
Hi Guys,

Application status on ECAS is showing "complete" for whole family. A new line added to the client application status

"You became a Canadian citizen on July 24, 2018."

Thanks for all the support from everybody on this amazing forum throughout our journey. All the very best to everyone who are at different stages of the process.

Thank you.

jaggy257

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
my situation is very weird... i did my test for Citizenship on June 14 and passed it. Decision made was done on June 15 but when i click on the status in my ecas it still shows the line when my fp were requested... no update of test and no oath invite...called cic, they say all is well with file but you have not been scheduled for oath yet...not sure why the status wont show correct information in ecas..anyone in similar situation

TTCX

Jan 10, 2018
Yay! My mother in law got Oath cememony scheduled for Sept 4th via email! Just days shy of her application one year anniversary!

Name: JHHSU
App type: Single
Physical Presence: 1,496 days
App Sent: Sept 6, 2017
Received: Sept 11, 2017
AOR: Oct 12, 2017
IP/ECAS: Oct 26, 2017
TEST/Interview: Jan 29, 2018 (Requested for police certificate during interview, CIC received police certificate on Feb 16, 2018)
DECISION MADE: Jul 23, 2018
Oath Date: Sept 4th, 2018 (Email received Aug 3rd, 2018)

Reactions: permafrost_can

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yay! My mother in law got Oath cememony scheduled for Sept 4th via email! Just days shy of her application one year anniversary!

Name: JHHSU
App type: Single
Physical Presence: 1,496 days
App Sent: Sept 6, 2017
Received: Sept 11, 2017
AOR: Oct 12, 2017
IP/ECAS: Oct 26, 2017
TEST/Interview: Jan 29, 2018 (Requested for police certificate during interview, CIC received police certificate on Feb 16, 2018)
DECISION MADE: Jul 23, 2018
Oath Date: Sept 4th, 2018 (Email received Aug 3rd, 2018)
Updated. Congrats!!

Nav89

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
winnipeg
Category........
Test invite - may 10
Test date - June 7
Request for pcc from USA - July 5
Submit pcc July 23
DM - July 27
Oath invite - aug 3
Oath date - sep 4 ( 1:15 pm ) received by email
Thank you all
Best of luck all who is still waiting for test / oath

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Test invite - may 10
Test date - June 7
Submit pcc July 23
DM - July 27
Oath invite - aug 3
Thank you all
Updated. Congrats!!

phlove

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Winnipeg MB CA
Visa Office......
canada
App. Filed.......
18/Oct/2017
hey winnipeggers,
good morning

i want to knw tht aft citizensip test how many days take time to change from IP to DM??

pdhillon

Oct 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Test invite - may 10
Test date - June 7
Submit pcc July 23
DM - July 27
Oath invite - aug 3
Thank you all
Did you lived in USA or had visitor trips to states.? Why did they asked pcc fr you from USA? and how did you received pcc from states?

Nav89

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
winnipeg
Category........
Reactions: pdhillon

Winnipeg1207

Apr 8, 2018
I finally got my test invite. Test is on August 16th.
Hello winnipeg2013,

I have followed your comments in this forum during the recent months, as a person from Winnipeg, and found that you finally received your test invitation. Congratulations after this long time!

I also submitted my documents in 27th of Oct, 2017 and my application went to "In process" in 27th of Jan. 2018. After that, I have not received any feedback regarding my test! However, almost all people from Winnipeg (Oct-Nov applicants) already have received their test invitation letter or even have been invited for the oath ceremony (based on the spreadsheet's information).

I think your situation and my situation are somehow similar!

My question is this:

What do you think was the main reason of your application to be processed much longer than other people from Winnipeg? Are you originally from Iran, Iraq, Pakistan or ... other countries which need prolonged security background checks?

Your suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thanks,

YWG3

May 23, 2018
Hello winnipeg2013,

I have followed your comments in this forum during the recent months, as a person from Winnipeg, and found that you finally received your test invitation. Congratulations after this long time!

I also submitted my documents in 27th of Oct, 2017 and my application went to "In process" in 27th of Jan. 2018. After that, I have not received any feedback regarding my test! However, almost all people from Winnipeg (Oct-Nov applicants) already have received their test invitation letter or even have been invited for the oath ceremony (based on the spreadsheet's information).

I think your situation and my situation are somehow similar!

My question is this:

What do you think was the main reason of your application to be processed much longer than other people from Winnipeg? Are you originally from Iran, Iraq, Pakistan or ... other countries which need prolonged security background checks?

Your suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Buddy

I do not believe there is any singular or multiple factor(s). I am a November applicant from Winnipeg, went in Process Feb 2018, not from any of the aforementioned countries and yet I do not have a test invite.

As I have said before, this process is a luck of the draw as the agency is trying to meet requirement that a specific % of all applications be processed in 12 months, hence some applications fall into the quick draw, some into the average draw and the rest into the long draw - in the end it all averages out for the year to a processing time, for all applications received, of 12 months AVERAGE.

winnipeg2013

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Buddy

I do not believe there is any singular or multiple factor(s). I am a November applicant from Winnipeg, went in Process Feb 2018, not from any of the aforementioned countries and yet I do not have a test invite.

As I have said before, this process is a luck of the draw as the agency is trying to meet requirement that a specific % of all applications be processed in 12 months, hence some applications fall into the quick draw, some into the average draw and the rest into the long draw - in the end it all averages out for the year to a processing time, for all applications received, of 12 months AVERAGE.
I agree with that, Few of my friends(from the same place) applied in Jan/February/March got their oath/test. I believe its luck factor and case to case.

N_Shine

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Finally its over and I am a proud Canadian now.
Applied Oct 16 2017
AOR Nov 29 2017
IP Jan 11 2018
Test & Oath invite email Aug 3rd 2018
Test & Oath date Aug 9th 2018
Passport application Aug 10

I live 8 hours away from IRCC Winnipeg and this is the reason I was called for a one time pass as they call it and I requested the clerk at the citizenship ceremony to kindly undate my file so that I can apply for passport the next day itself as I have an upcoming travel next week and I do not live in the city to apply after 2 days in person lol and she did it yay.. My ecas was not updated with my test and oath date, after the in process date the next line is I became a citizen Aug 9 :) Actually the officer called me on Aug 8and asked if I would be able to come next week, like who would say no after waiting for 7 months in process without any updates ;) Oh at the interview she said if the background check isnt complete they cannot do anything as another department handles that and as soon as she got the email saying my background check has been completed, she invited me as my file was quite old lol
Best of luck to all of you, it will come soon :)