+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Winnipeg - 2017 Citizenship Applicants

Jummy17

Feb 28, 2018
Call MPNP program/provincial office in Winnipeg and ask for their advice. They won't forbid you moving to another province, just tell them honestly what is going on. It's important to let them know so when the time comes for you to apply for citizenship there won't be any "surprises" for you.
I already met with the mpnp officers, they said I have mobility rights and so I can move. All other officers said my movement will not affect my supporter except my program officer. So I am looking for an open opinion from people who have been in my shoe before or those who know people who are. Thank you as you respond

mariannakan

Jan 16, 2019
Hi there,

Here's my timeline:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 16, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 21, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on March 29, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on May 24, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 21, 2018 at 10:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
After I passed the test, they requested a police certificate from my birth country and I sent that in July 2018. My application is stil In Process since July and have not heard back from them.
Has that happened to anyone else? I thought that if any documents are missing, they would be requested prior to the test and not after.

Reactions: sani.awais

sani.awais

Star Member
Oct 3, 2018
Hi there,

Here's my timeline:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 16, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 21, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on March 29, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on May 24, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 21, 2018 at 10:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
After I passed the test, they requested a police certificate from my birth country and I sent that in July 2018. My application is stil In Process since July and have not heard back from them.
Has that happened to anyone else? I thought that if any documents are missing, they would be requested prior to the test and not after.
What's your visa office? And what your application status now? Did you get invitation for Oath ceremony?