+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife's Document: Purpose of Travel - Other

mukybakare

Aug 27, 2021
Hi,
Basically, what they are asking is that even though you are going for studies, what is the purpose of your wife's travel?
Depending on your situation, you could just write that she wishes to accompany you and she will only stay there as long as you're studying. There is an open work permit system for spouse of student studying in Canada. You may apply for an open work permit for her based on that. In that case, you will mention in the purpose of travel that she would find work based on her qualifications and such and accompany you in Canada for the duration of your studies (you can attach her education docs if that's the case). Remember that if you do apply for open work permit, your processing may take longer because then they will process both your applications. You can even have the purpose of travel document written from her side (with her signature)

Best of luck!

Hi please can you provide me a sample.

Send to my email muky.bakare@yahoo.com

vj004

Aug 29, 2021
I tried this method for my husband and daughter's application and we were successfully. In my husband letter he indicated he didn't want to be away from his family, he spoke about what he would bring to the work force and that allowing him to work would give him international experience that would make him marketable once he returned to our home country. We added proof of all his qualifications, his current payslip, and all our assets. A good rule is any reason you give for wanting to accompany you spouse show how that would benefit you in you home country. Good luck.
Hi Tracy,
If you could forward the format of this letter, it would be a great help. My mail id is katesam90@yahoo.com
Thanks

As12

Star Member
Sep 1, 2021
Folks,

I'm the principal applicant and I'll also send documents for my family (wife and son).
Can I add my college acceptance letter on my wife's document "Purpose of Travel - Other (required)"?

If not is there any example you can give to send this document?

Thanks in advance!
We just wrote for my wife:

I am going to Canada as part of my spouse's master education at .. Univ. Because his study permit finishes when his school finishes, my workpormit will also finish and I will have to leave Canada with my spouse.

..something like that. And I got accepted on 6th September. See my signature..

Greeny786

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2021
I tried this method for my husband and daughter's application and we were successfully. In my husband letter he indicated he didn't want to be away from his family, he spoke about what he would bring to the work force and that allowing him to work would give him international experience that would make him marketable once he returned to our home country. We added proof of all his qualifications, his current payslip, and all our assets. A good rule is any reason you give for wanting to accompany you spouse show how that would benefit you in you home country. Good luck.
i used this for my husband. we just applied week ago, our profiles are strong compare to other applicants like we have previous study history in UK and Italy and came back on time, we both are engrs and working in dubai since 4 years , attaced last 6 month bank statements, shown strong ties with dubai etc. let see what would be the decision, only one week point in primary application which is my wife studied master degree in Italy and now one year certificate in a college in canada, we explained it well but thats was the only weak point in her application which visa officer might think that

Greeny786

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2021
We just wrote for my wife:

I am going to Canada as part of my spouse's master education at .. Univ. Because his study permit finishes when his school finishes, my workpormit will also finish and I will have to leave Canada with my spouse.

..something like that. And I got accepted on 6th September. See my signature..
your application, no way to reject because you had full scholarship and you cant be rejected in any case so your spouse work permit have to be accepted

Reactions: As12