+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife's Document: Purpose of Travel - Other

shn411

Feb 27, 2022
Hi,
Basically, what they are asking is that even though you are going for studies, what is the purpose of your wife's travel?
Depending on your situation, you could just write that she wishes to accompany you and she will only stay there as long as you're studying. There is an open work permit system for spouse of student studying in Canada. You may apply for an open work permit for her based on that. In that case, you will mention in the purpose of travel that she would find work based on her qualifications and such and accompany you in Canada for the duration of your studies (you can attach her education docs if that's the case). Remember that if you do apply for open work permit, your processing may take longer because then they will process both your applications. You can even have the purpose of travel document written from her side (with her signature)

Best of luck!
Thank you very much for such good advice. In all, as the main applicant, I can write the POT-other for my wife on her behalf that 'I would like to bring her with me ------She will work and all -----' or it would be beneficial to get it written by my wife (herself) who is accompanying me?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you very much for such good advice. In all, as the main applicant, I can write the POT-other for my wife on her behalf that 'I would like to bring her with me ------She will work and all -----' or it would be beneficial to get it written by my wife (herself) who is accompanying me?
You can try but spouses of international students aren’t guaranteed permits/visas.

Reactions: shn411

shn411

Feb 27, 2022
You can try but spouses of international students aren’t guaranteed permits/visas.
Actually, I have received a Job Offer from a Canadian Employer and I wish to take my wife with me on a SOWP. So, I was thinking whether she should write her Purpose of Travel (herself) and sign or I should write for her by my name and sign?

pepiokaf

Oct 8, 2022
i
I tried this method for my husband and daughter's application and we were successfully. In my husband letter he indicated he didn't want to be away from his family, he spoke about what he would bring to the work force and that allowing him to work would give him international experience that would make him marketable once he returned to our home country. We added proof of all his qualifications, his current payslip, and all our assets. A good rule is any reason you give for wanting to accompany you spouse show how that would benefit you in you home country. Good luck.
please could you share your letter. My email is perpetualkelvin@gmail.com I know this was 3 years ago but hoping you still use this forum and still have the letter

KHANHNHATBUI

Dec 22, 2022
I tried this method for my husband and daughter's application and we were successfully. In my husband letter he indicated he didn't want to be away from his family, he spoke about what he would bring to the work force and that allowing him to work would give him international experience that would make him marketable once he returned to our home country. We added proof of all his qualifications, his current payslip, and all our assets. A good rule is any reason you give for wanting to accompany you spouse show how that would benefit you in you home country. Good luck.
Dear Tracy,
Would you please send me the letter? I am applying for my wife for OWP in Canada. I really appreciate for your instructions!
My email: khanhbui.vna@gmail.com