+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife not accompanying in canada PR application

Taytum

Sep 8, 2019
This doesn't really make sense to me to be honest. But I'm not IRCC.

If this is really honestly the reason why she was listed as non-accompanying, then provide that reason.

If the real reason is because you needed more points, I would be honest and say that.

Just my two cents. I'm not a lawyer.
Your suggestion is helpful. Thank you Scylla. I also search some legal cases till now I do not see a case rejected just because the reason of not including their spouse. But there are tons of cases there so I am not sure...

Does anyone here know a case rejected by the reason for not including their spouse?

fayebelief

Sep 23, 2019
hey there I had the same situation. I am still waiting and am so worried about this.
My lawyer said CIC shouldn't ask that since that is personal decision to immigrate or not at the moment of submission

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hey there I had the same situation. I am still waiting and am so worried about this.
My lawyer said CIC shouldn't ask that since that is personal decision to immigrate or not at the moment of submission
The issue is that the partner is already in Canada so claiming the partner as non-accompanying while they remain in Canada isn’t what is actually happening. Had the partner been in their home country that would be different.

Aryan2209

Sep 23, 2019
OP didn't say he doesn't want to include his wife; he said he wants to list her as non-accompanying, which is a very different thing. And he didn't say he wanted to add her after getting an ITA; he stated he wanted to sponsor her under the Family Class after becoming a PR, which again, is an entirely different thing.

There is no misrepresentation in doing that.
I want to do a similar thing like sponsor my wife after I get my PR. But my wife is with here I Canada. Can I mention as non accompanying and tell them I did this for points. Have you seen any cases like this who have got pr by telling the actual reason

Aryan2209

Sep 23, 2019
Hi guys,

Any help in my situation is much appreciated.

I want to create profile in EE saying my wife will NOT accompanying me, so that my CRS points will be more. And later will apply for my wife under family sponsorship.

But the thing is we both are already in canada and holding a valid work permit till March 2018.

So is it fine to apply for PR saying my wife will not accompanying me, even though she is already in canada? Is this fine to go with this approach.

Eagerly waiting for a response.
Hi .. did you follow the same plan. What was the outcome? What reason did you give for non accompanying.

Reactions: sponsort

SunnyBond

Jun 18, 2021
I am in little bit similar situation.

Last year, I applied for PR under Express Entry as status married with unaccompanying spouse, because I was getting enough points to get invitation (I wan't asked but sill mentioned reason that I will sponsor my wife after I get job in Canada which is also true as I was going to bring here only once I get job). I am still waiting for COPR.

Now, My employer is moving me to Canada on Intra Company Transfer (ICT), which gives my wife open work permit so she can come with me. (Now I already have a job so bringing my wife with me).

After reaching Canada on ICT when I inform CIC about this change in situation, What will happen to my pending PR application? will they deny it saying I misrepresented unaccompanying spouse earlier?

If above is allowed and doesn't result in denial, when my COPR arrives what will be my wife’s status while I apply for her sponsorship? Is her open work permit remains valid till end of duration or I need to change her status to visitor visa