+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife not accompanying in canada PR application

Malipelacanadavisa

Star Member
Jul 9, 2016
Hi guys,

Any help in my situation is much appreciated.

I want to create profile in EE saying my wife will NOT accompanying me, so that my CRS points will be more. And later will apply for my wife under family sponsorship.

But the thing is we both are already in canada and holding a valid work permit till March 2018.

So is it fine to apply for PR saying my wife will not accompanying me, even though she is already in canada? Is this fine to go with this approach.

Eagerly waiting for a response.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - it's fine.

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
Technically, it's misrepresentation. Because you lie in your application about your wife not accompanying you.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/protection/fraud/document.asp

So you have to prepare very good explanation *why* she won't be accompanying you at the time of application of PR, and then another explanation why she's able to accompany you now.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
anarsoul said:
Technically, it's misrepresentation. Because you lie in your application about your wife not accompanying you.

So you have to prepare very good explanation *why* she won't be accompanying you at the time of application of PR, and then another explanation why she's able to accompany you now.
It isn't misrepresentation at all. OP is allowed to include his spouse as a non-accompanying dependent if he wants to; he is not required to explain to CIC his reasons for doing this.

arcticbeans

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It sounds like it would be misrepresentation in the OPs case, he says he doesn't want to include his wife so that he can get more points, but then presumably wants to add her after ITA as he then asks about her rights as a PR holder.

Of course you can choose not to include your spouse - but CIC will almost always ask why, they have with everyone I know who has not included a spouse. If you then turnaround later and try to add the spouse you said you were not going to include, then as a previous poster said, you had better have a very convincing reason why you changed your mind.

OP, if you choose not to include your wife she will not have PR status even when you do, unless you contact CIC and ask for her to be added to your PR application, you would have to contact them before they request your passport, but again, be ready with a convincing reason.

Better to add her from the start if you want her to have PR too, and then go down the PNP route if you are short on points. The cutoff for ITAs is around 480 points these days, so PNP is often the best route to go anyway.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
arcticbeans said:
It sounds like it would be misrepresentation in the OPs case, he says he doesn't want to include his wife so that he can get more points, but then presumably wants to add her after ITA as he then asks about her rights as a PR holder.

Of course you can choose not to include your spouse - but CIC will almost always ask why, they have with everyone I know who has not included a spouse. If you then turnaround later and try to add the spouse you said you were not going to include, then as a previous poster said, you had better have a very convincing reason why you changed your mind.

OP, if you choose not to include your wife she will not have PR status even when you do, unless you contact CIC and ask for her to be added to your PR application, you would have to contact them before they request your passport, but again, be ready with a convincing reason.
OP didn't say he doesn't want to include his wife; he said he wants to list her as non-accompanying, which is a very different thing. And he didn't say he wanted to add her after getting an ITA; he stated he wanted to sponsor her under the Family Class after becoming a PR, which again, is an entirely different thing.

There is no misrepresentation in doing that.

Reactions: Taytum

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
anarsoul said:

It's not misrepresentation at all. Applicants are free to chose if dependents are accompanying or non-accompanying. This is perfectly normal and allowed - there's absolutely no misrepresentation.

Malipelacanadavisa

Star Member
Jul 9, 2016
Yeah that is true. I will not include my wife details after I get my ITA. I will sponsor my wife to get PR after I get mine.

And I hope it is fine to say she is not accompanying me,Even she is already in canada with valid work permit

Malipelacanadavisa

Star Member
Jul 9, 2016
Thank you for the response. Can you also tell if mentioning that wife is not accompanying in the EE is correct or not, eventhough she is already in canada with valid open work permit

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
Malipelacanadavisa said:
Thank you for the response. Can you also tell if mentioning that wife is not accompanying in the EE is correct or not, eventhough she is already in canada with valid open work permit
It might be considered as misrepresentation unless you have a good explanation why your wife is not accompanying you to Canada. Your intention is to live in Canada with your wife, right? So saying "no" for this question is a lie and as result it's misrepresentation.

Note that applying as a single to get higher score is not an explanation for CIC.

Malipelacanadavisa

Star Member
Jul 9, 2016
anarsoul said:
It might be considered as misrepresentation unless you have a good explanation why your wife is not accompanying you to Canada. Your intention is to live in Canada with your wife, right? So saying "no" for this question is a lie and as result it's misrepresentation.

Note that applying as a single to get higher score is not an explanation for CIC.
I will not say that I am single. I will mention as married, but wife will not accompanying me. And after I get my PR I will sponsor her. Is that misrepresentation?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Malipelacanadavisa said:
I will not say that I am single. I will mention as married, but wife will not accompanying me. And after I get my PR I will sponsor her. Is that misrepresentation?
As scylla and I have said several times, it is not misrepresentation.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
anarsoul said:

Your information is incorrect. One last time - there is nothing about this that is misrepresentation. Plenty of people flag dependents as non-accompanying. And you don't have to provide an explanation why to CIC regarding why a dependent is non-accompanying. This is a personal choice.

The only way it would be misrepresentation is if he didn't mention his wife at all and completed the application as if he was single. This isn't want he's doing. Everything is fine - please stop posting wrong and confusing information.

dell2

Feb 3, 2011
Calgary, Alberta.
scylla said:
Your information is incorrect. One last time - there is nothing about this that is misrepresentation. Plenty of people flag dependents as non-accompanying. And you don't have to provide an explanation why to CIC regarding why a dependent is non-accompanying. This is a personal choice.

The only way it would be misrepresentation is if he didn't mention his wife at all and completed the application as if he was single. This isn't want he's doing. Everything is fine - please stop posting wrong and confusing information.
canuck_in_uk said:
As scylla and I have said several times, it is not misrepresentation.
+1