+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife not accompanying in canada PR application

kami617

Dec 30, 2014
Hi, I want to ask if my wife and child are not accompanying me in PR. Do i have to make passport for them as well as it is asked that copy of biographical data page of a passport is mandatory to provide..Though in my EE I have mentioned that they will not accompany me???

bshailesh3

Sep 28, 2013
Hi guys,

Any help in my situation is much appreciated.

I want to create profile in EE saying my wife will NOT accompanying me, so that my CRS points will be more. And later will apply for my wife under family sponsorship.

But the thing is we both are already in canada and holding a valid work permit till March 2018.

So is it fine to apply for PR saying my wife will not accompanying me, even though she is already in canada? Is this fine to go with this approach.

Eagerly waiting for a response.

@Malipelacanadavisa
Did you get any issues while processing without accompanying wife?
Need your inputs for my application.

Thanks

DGU

Nov 4, 2018
Hi guys,

I want to create profile in EE saying my wife will NOT accompanying me, so that my CRS points will be more. And later will apply for my wife under family sponsorship.

But the thing is we both are already in canada and holding a valid work permit till March 2018.

So is it fine to apply for PR saying my wife will not accompanying me, even though she is already in canada? Is this fine to go with this approach.

Hi,

I am in same situation as you. Did you get your PR and what reason who mentioned for not accompnaying spouse?
Your help will be highly appreciated :)

yanis

Nov 15, 2018
Hi guys,

Hi there,

Just wondering if it worked, as I have the same question.

All best,

RoyShuvo

Jul 18, 2019
Hi guys,
Did you get your PR using spouse non accompanying even though she is already in Canada? Please give your valuable comments.

Taytum

Sep 8, 2019
OP didn't say he doesn't want to include his wife; he said he wants to list her as non-accompanying, which is a very different thing. And he didn't say he wanted to add her after getting an ITA; he stated he wanted to sponsor her under the Family Class after becoming a PR, which again, is an entirely different thing.

There is no misrepresentation in doing that.
I am in the same situation and received a procedural fairness letter just few days ago to ask why my partner are considered as non-accompanying. I was very worried that I would be thought as misrepresentation. I asked a lawyer he said the reason is totally unimportant. His opinion is same as you. I am still struggling with my reply ....anyway, I appreciate your answer since it is really helpful and soothing

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I meet the same situation and receive a procedural fairness letter to ask why my partner are considered as non-accompanying. I was very worried that I would be thought as misrepresentation. I asked a lawyer he said the reason is totally unimportant. His opinion is same as you. I am still struggling with my reply ....anyway, I appreciate your answer since it is really helpful and soothing
Your situation is quite different than the others we have seen here. It's complicated by the fact that your spouse is in Canada working and that (I believe) you obtained your open work permit based on your spouse's work permit. I also believe that you said you didn't provide any explanation as to why you listed your spouse as non-accompanying. The only advice I have to provide is to be honest and say that you listed your spouse as non-accompanying to get more points.

Reactions: Taytum

Taytum

Sep 8, 2019
Your situation is quite different than the others we have seen here. It's complicated by the fact that your spouse is in Canada working and that (I believe) you obtained your open work permit based on your spouse's work permit. I also believe that you said you didn't provide any explanation as to why you listed your spouse as non-accompanying. The only advice I have to provide is to be honest and say that you listed your spouse as non-accompanying to get more points.
Hi Scylla,
Thank you for following my case! My partner now holds student visa and I hold OWP based on hers. The reason I intend to provide is that she came to Canada to study not immigrate. Do you think this is a convincing reason? I also see the definition of non-accompany as follow:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/glossary.asp#n
So I think if I stress the reason my partner now stay in Canada is for her study not for immigration, it would meet the definition of non-accompanying partner. What do you think? Thanks for your suggestion.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Scylla,
Thank you for following my case! My partner now holds student visa and I hold OWP based on hers. The reason I intend to provide is that she came to Canada to study not immigrate. Do you think this is a convincing reason? I also see the definition of non-accompany as follow:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/glossary.asp#n
So I think if I stress the reason my partner now stay in Canada is for her study not for immigration, it would meet the definition of non-accompanying partner. What do you think? Thanks for your suggestion.
Honest answer? I don't think that explanation makes any sense at all.

So let's pretend that you had enough points to get ITA and also include your partner as accompanying - would you have included her as accompanying or non-accompanying in that case?

Taytum

Sep 8, 2019

So let's pretend that you had enough points to get ITA and also include your partner as accompanying - would you have included her as accompanying or non-accompanying in that case?
Yes, I would. But if she does not want to immigrate, no one can force her right?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes, I would. But if she does not want to immigrate, no one can force her right?
So you're saying she is returning home once her studies are done and you'll live in separate countries?

Taytum

Sep 8, 2019

We are not married, just in a commow-law relatiohship
So you're saying she is returning home once her studies are done and you'll live in separate countries?
Yes. That is my point. We are now in common law relationship, not married, and we do not have a child. So everything would change and she has not decided yet whether she would immigrate with me or not "at this moment". Does this sound reasonable?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
We are not married, just in a commow-law relatiohship

Yes. That is my point. We are now in common law relationship, not married, and we do not have a child. So everything would change and she has not decided yet whether she would immigrate with me or not "at this moment". Does this sound reasonable?
This doesn't really make sense to me to be honest. But I'm not IRCC.

If this is really honestly the reason why she was listed as non-accompanying, then provide that reason.

If the real reason is because you needed more points, I would be honest and say that.

Just my two cents. I'm not a lawyer.

Reactions: Taytum