+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why is nobody going to UNBC for masters programs?

akhil teja

Jan 6, 2020
Hey! I am about to do my IELTS - Academic and once I get my result, I'll be applying to UNBC for MBA by November end for Aug/Sept 2020 intake.

I have nearly 3 years (completing in March 2020) experience as a Marketing Exec + 4 yrs Bachelors Degree (Attested by WES for equivalency).

Is there anything I should be careful about in my application?

I am planning on studying from Langara Campus via UNBC. Is anyone there already? Please let me know if it's a good place to study.

I intend on applying for PGWP after.

Please share your experiences with me!! TIA! :)

i applied on dec 9 for sept 2020 intake for msc in unbc.. you?

naureen8

Oct 17, 2018
Dubai
Category........
CEC
Seems like I'm late to this, but I just heard from UNBC regarding my application. It's 50% there! They said I should get confirmation in 2 weeks.

naureen8

Oct 17, 2018
Dubai
Category........
CEC
What do you mean by 50%?
Meaning I received this from them this morning -

"Hello Naureen. Thank you for your application to the UNBC MBA program. I am happy to let you know I am recommending you for admission to the program. You are an good candidate and I look forward to meeting you. Your application will be reviewed by one other committee member and if that is favorable your paperwork is going to the registrar’s office this week and you should receive your official admission letter sometime in the next 2 weeks. You will be required to pay $7500CDN deposit."

naureen8

Oct 17, 2018
Dubai
Category........
CEC
Hey Guys! I got a response from UNBC-

"Welcome to the University of Northern British Columbia, Congratulations! I am happy to inform you that you have been admitted to UNBC."

However, it seems that as a part-time student, I will not be able to work on student visa or apply for PGWP. Is there any way around this?

If not, then I will be accepting my admission offer to Schulich school of Business (York University, Toronto).

Vidhey1707

Mar 28, 2020

"Welcome to the University of Northern British Columbia, Congratulations! I am happy to inform you that you have been admitted to UNBC."

However, it seems that as a part-time student, I will not be able to work on student visa or apply for PGWP. Is there any way around this?

If not, then I will be accepting my admission offer to Schulich school of Business (York University, Toronto).
I wana puruse MBA too just wana know does schulich business school accept student without gmat and what is the acceptance rate?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Schulich would be my top suggestion out of the 3. You don’t qualify to work or for a PGWP if you study part-time.

Sen88

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Hey, even I have applied to Computer Science for Fall 2020.
Can someone tell me about masters in computer science program? Is it smoothly going?

And how about part time opportunities in off campus? Are there enough part time jobs for international students or less?