+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why do discussion threads disappear in this forum?

kingkong1

Star Member
May 18, 2013
What's wrong with this forum? Any discussion threads that describe Canada unfavorably (but truthfully) are deleted by moderators. We can't even honestly talk about Canada without getting censored. This is Canada, folks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
They aren't all deleted. There are a couple of long ones in the FSW section of the forum that are alive and well to the best of my knowledge.

I believe these threads are sometimes deleted for one of two reasons. I think sometimes a large number of people report the thread to the moderator and it's deleted for that reason. I've also seen several instances where these threads degenrate into offensive name calling for some reason (even racist remarks a few times). I'm guessing this is another reason for deletion.

But that's just my guess...

Bargeld

Sep 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-07-2011
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2011
LANDED..........
20-10-2011
Racism you espouse gets deleted for good reason.

Learn to discuss as a guest on someone's forums civilly and you won't have problems. The nonsense **** storms you create being problematic isn't worth the amount of time spent cleaning it up. Be thankful you haven't been banned because I'm surprised you aren't. I usually see that type of blatant racism resulting in very quick bans.

If you have an issue with the way things are handled take it up with the owner of the site -- but surely this will be another thing to trollishly blame Canada about.

kingkong1

Star Member
May 18, 2013
Bargeld said:
Racism you espouse gets deleted for good reason.

Learn to discuss as a guest on someone's forums civilly and you won't have problems. The nonsense **** storms you create being problematic isn't worth the amount of time spent cleaning it up. Be thankful you haven't been banned because I'm surprised you aren't. I usually see that type of blatant racism resulting in very quick bans.

If you have an issue with the way things are handled take it up with the owner of the site -- but surely this will be another thing to trollishly blame Canada about.
Below is your pal, on-hold's response to an Indian immigrant who is struggling in Toronto and feeling isolated like trainspotting & many other immigrants:

on-hold said:
Look, people -- crikey . . . What do you expect? This is how we live in the West. We go to college, we make a lot of friends, we get a job, we get married, and we stop doing anything except sit at home and watch TV with our families. When you're 30 here, friends are for ignoring. Now a bunch of skilled immigrants come over and want to be our friends. Fine! Friends are people we grunt at as we walk to work. What did you want, Bollywood Canada with people dancing in the streets? Wet sari contests?

Also, why this need to be friends with Real Canadians? Toronto is half immigrant, make friends with them. That's probably two million people, should be enough.

I'm not making fun of people who have experience direct racism, that stuff is no funny -- but the 'cold, unfriendly, don't-smile-at-me thing is ridiculous! Especially when you use NYC as an example of what the States is like. I'm from the States, we are scum and Canadians are no different.
This was my response to on-hold's racist comment:

kingkong1 said:
I don't think you get OP's point. Why do they want to make friends with "real Canadians"? It's probably because "real Canadians" are the only people in Canada who have "real jobs." So it seems pretty natural to me that skilled immigrants try to make friends with "real Canadians." That's the advice they get from job coaches at the community centres that help immigrants: GO OUT AND NETWORK, NETWORK. Many people here are in a dire and desperate situation, man. I think if your Thai wife had immigrated here alone or with a Thai husband, she'd have probably tried to do the same, that is, make friends with "real Canadians" so that she can get a job though networking, as most jobs here in Canada are filled by a word of mouth referral.
And later trainspotting asked on-hold how he can have such a racist attitude towards colored immigrants when he (a Caucasian) has a Thai wife, but Bargeld (a whitey) who also happens to have a Chinese wife clapped his hands like Oprah does and said to on-hold, "That's so funny! High Five!"

If this isn't racist, what is? Seriously?

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
Ah, fame . . . Just for the record, there is struggling culturally and there is struggling professionally. I have nothing but sympathy for immigrants who have an awful time finding work and supporting their families, I've experienced that too; it's also true that I think most of the proposed solutions are not really workable, because of the independence of most private employers.

But I do find the 'Canadians don't smile at me' a bit absurd, especially in Toronto where half the city is foreign-born. And I still say that lots of immigrants here have good jobs, I meet them every day. I don't think either of these thoughts are racist, personally.

As for Bargeld, he and I are united only in our dislike of you, I think I insulted him or something some months back but he seems to have forgiven me, or vice versa.

Bargeld

Sep 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-07-2011
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2011
LANDED..........
20-10-2011
on-hold said:
Ah, fame . . . Just for the record, there is struggling culturally and there is struggling professionally. I have nothing but sympathy for immigrants who have an awful time finding work and supporting their families, I've experienced that too; it's also true that I think most of the proposed solutions are not really workable, because of the independence of most private employers.

But I do find the 'Canadians don't smile at me' a bit absurd, especially in Toronto where half the city is foreign-born. And I still say that lots of immigrants here have good jobs, I meet them every day. I don't think either of these thoughts are racist, personally.

As for Bargeld, he and I are united only in our dislike of you, I think I insulted him or something some months back but he seems to have forgiven me, or vice versa.
I think we had some disagreement but I don't remember what it's about, pales in comparison to the blatant racism espoused by certain posters that are trying to troll very hard to get other posters here angry.