Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Which is the best place to land?

Hi Friends.
Which is the best place for Architectural Technician & Physiotherapist to land?
I am Architectural Technician working in Dubai.My wife is Physiotherapist she is also working in dubai.we are planing to go to canada July.
Regards
Jacob

jacobs

Aug 3, 2010
UAE
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Hi Friends.
Which is the best place for Architectural Technician & Physiotherapist to land?
I am Architectural Technician working in Dubai.My wife is Physiotherapist she is also working in dubai.we are planing to go to canada July.
Regards
Jacob

aimsfrench

Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 19, 2010
Doc's Request.
May 26, 2010
File Transfer...
july 7, 2010
Med's Request
October '10
Med's Done....
October 13 & 26, 2010
@ QORAX and to other SENIOR MEMBERS

good to have viewed most of your great informative insights.

i am a resto mgr by profession. my husband is a mech eng and already applied with APEGGA (pro eng) and his application is still in review. we plan to land either in toronto and alberta...but i guess the decision will be ALBERTA....

now my question is this....where in ALBERTA is in demand with my profession...so with my husband.

thank you in advance.

Rene_8000

Apr 2, 2010
Davao City Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 26, 2010
Doc's Request.
April 24, 2010
AOR Received.
July 14, 2010 2nd aor and received by vo ecas status
IELTS Request
done in CIO application
File Transfer...
July 5, 2010
Med's Request
Sept. 20, 2010
Med's Done....
Sept. 24, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
November 24, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Sept. 24, 2010 as stated on the PPR/ may 31, 2011
LANDED..........
June 19, 2011
silverfox said:
hi Qorax!

I'm an avid reader of your posts here...I have scanned every thread just to find your posts, which are indeed very informative.

I shall be landing this June 6th in Vancouver together with a colleague who's already a Canadian citizen. We'll be staying in her brother who lives in Vancouver, and 3 days after she will proceed to Toronto to join her children and their families there. My dilemma now is where to proceed from Vancouver---a friend/schoolmate of mine is encouraging me to find work in Victoria, BC, while another classmate suggests that I join her in Calgary. While in Toronto, a former officemate has also expressed that i could stay with her if ever i would settle there. If it would be possible that you could shed some light on my query: Your
original post on this thread was dated sometime in Dec 2009 yet, and you said that for newcomers, you would suggest them to land in Toronto for reasons you have stated there, with Calgary as the 2nd option.
Looking at the economic development of the province of Alberta the past year, could you still make the
same suggestion for us, newcomers?

@silver fox did you declare in your application that your also an accountant?

By the way, I'm an accountant by profession, who took up Nursing as a second course.

Thanks and looking forward for your reply. God bless you!

silverfox

Oct 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
File Transfer...
20-03-12
Med's Done....
19-11-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-03-12 received on 11-04-12
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-12 received on 28-04-12
LANDED..........
july 24, 2012
Rene_8000 said:
@ silver fox did you declare in your application that your also an accountant?
Hi Rene,

I just included my Bachelor's degree/course in Accounting as part of my education, but i did not disclose that I am an Accountant as certified by the professional regulatory board in my country of origin. ;)

Rene_8000

Apr 2, 2010
Davao City Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 26, 2010
Doc's Request.
April 24, 2010
AOR Received.
July 14, 2010 2nd aor and received by vo ecas status
IELTS Request
done in CIO application
File Transfer...
July 5, 2010
Med's Request
Sept. 20, 2010
Med's Done....
Sept. 24, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
November 24, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Sept. 24, 2010 as stated on the PPR/ may 31, 2011
LANDED..........
June 19, 2011
silverfox said:
Hi Rene,

I just included my Bachelor's degree/course in Accounting as part of my education, but i did not disclose that I am an Accountant as certified by the professional regulatory board in my country of origin. ;)
But what if you want to work as an accountant there is it ok or not? I think it's ok ? 8)

a_mumtaz

May 2, 2011
Hi Qorax,

Sorry I have lost the plot I did post these question at one of your forum minute ago but cant find that forum.

Hope you all are doing well. I got my immigration recently and would like to ask few question.

1) How long does it take to get PR card after landing?
2) I am willing to land in Alberta (probably staying in hostel) but My safe mailing address is in Toronto can I give Toronto address to receive PR card while landing in Alberta?
3) Is there any way I can divert my mail from Alberta to Toronto through the post office after paying fee as its possible in UK
4 Does it takes 90 days to register for medical in All provinces or is there any exception.
5) I am not carrying any thing with me apart from my clothes do I still need to present the house hold stuff list that usually migrants have
6) Is there any strict restrictions to convert my credential (degrees in Computer science, IT and teaching qualification) from uk. I mean is that impossible to get employemnt in IT support field or teaching field without these. Please reply seperatly if IT support does not require but for Teaching it is essential.

7) What important things do I need to have after landing such as PRC, SIN, Medical, Bank account etc

Your prompt response would be highly appreciated.

Best of luck for every body!

Thanks & regards,

Mumtaz

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
a_mumtaz said:
1) How long does it take to get PR card after landing?
Right now they say a month but sometimes it's a bit longer.

a_mumtaz said:
2) I am willing to land in Alberta (probably staying in hostel) but My safe mailing address is in Toronto can I give Toronto address to receive PR card while landing in Alberta?
Are you an FSW applicant or an AINP applicant? If you are FSW, then it doesn't matter. If you are AINP, you must land in AB and should give an AB address for your PR card. If you are AINP and they think you are not planning on staying in AB, you could have problems.

a_mumtaz said:
3) Is there any way I can divert my mail from Alberta to Toronto through the post office after paying fee as its possible in UK
Yes, you could do that.

a_mumtaz said:
4 Does it takes 90 days to register for medical in All provinces or is there any exception.
Most provinces will give you 1st day health care if you are moving from another country. The provinces that have a waiting period are ON, BC, NB and QC. Since you are not staying this time however, you don't really qualify to sign up for health care now. To keep your health care, you must normally stay in the province for at least 6 months a year. In ON, there is a special rule for newcomers that you must stay in the province for at least 5 months in your first 6 months.

a_mumtaz said:
5) I am not carrying any thing with me apart from my clothes do I still need to present the house hold stuff list that usually migrants have
Yes, a list of goods to follow is for what you plan to bring later.

a_mumtaz said:
6) Is there any strict restrictions to convert my credential (degrees in Computer science, IT and teaching qualification) from uk. I mean is that impossible to get employemnt in IT support field or teaching field without these. Please reply seperatly if IT support does not require but for Teaching it is essential.
It is up to your employer if they accept your degrees.

a_mumtaz said:
7) What important things do I need to have after landing such as PRC, SIN, Medical, Bank account etc
If you are not staying this time, you don't really have to apply for anything. If the address for the PRC doesn't work out, you can get one later when you are in Canada to stay. Same with SIN which is very fast to get. You can get the number in a day and the card itself in 2 weeks. Same thing with medical as I said previously. Bank account you can open later too. I suppose if you are staying at least 2-3 weeks this time, you can apply for your SIN card and you can open a bank account.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
a_mumtaz said:
Hi Qorax,

Sorry I have lost the plot I did post these question at one of your forum minute ago but cant find that forum...
Leon answered u perfectly, However here is your older post:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/doubts-can-i-land-anywhere-matter-which-poe-to-choose-t35499.75.html

sujamana

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
Qorax / members

Have received my PR last November and working in US now and wants to try the job opportunities in Canada to settle in Next year.

My request here is - what are the online job portals, where I would able to post my resume especially jobs in Software Testing.

To be brief, I have 10 + years of experience in IT and worked in financial services.

Please share your advice.

Thank you / sujamana

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
sujamana said:
Qorax / members

Have received my PR last November and working in US now and wants to try the job opportunities in Canada to settle in Next year.

My request here is - what are the online job portals, where I would able to post my resume especially jobs in Software Testing.

To be brief, I have 10 + years of experience in IT and worked in financial services.

Please share your advice.

Thank you / sujamana
workopolis.com is by far one of the best... there r many others as well viz. monster.ca, indeed.ca, Eluta etc.

Here's the list of some of the job sites: http://www.quintcareers.com/Canada_jobs.html

Qorax

sujamana

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
Thanks a lot Qorax

Since i have some more time to hang on here (USA), can I do any crash courses which have some "VALUE" in finding jobs in Canada.

The idea behind this, can I do some courses in Community colleges here for start up jobs to increase the opportunities instead of falling in to vanilla jobs

Please suggest me, how are these jobs? for these, if I spend probably 3 months of duration in courses- thinking..

I will do some more research and update you.

Thanks again / sujamana

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
sujamana said:
Thanks a lot Qorax

Since i have some more time to hang on here (USA), can I do any crash courses which have some "VALUE" in finding jobs in Canada.

The idea behind this, can I do some courses in Community colleges here for start up jobs to increase the opportunities instead of falling in to vanilla jobs

Please suggest me, how are these jobs? for these, if I spend probably 3 months of duration in courses- thinking..

I will do some more research and update you.

Thanks again / sujamana
Any course that u pursue 'abroad' wouldn't be that 'valuable' -- if u have to, do anything & everything 'here'.

hindiakopinay

May 1, 2011
qorax!

how are you? my friend Ronaldo from Abu Dhabi referred me to you... And from what I've read, i saw that you are one of the most hrlpful people on canada visa... My name is Elmer and im currently in Jordan... I dream of going to Canada, shall i go to toronto or vancouver? where can i find jobs and where do i apply? do you know of any specific agencies..?

thank you in advance. :)

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
hindiakopinay said:
qorax!

how are you? my friend Ronaldo from Abu Dhabi referred me to you... And from what I've read, i saw that you are one of the most hrlpful people on canada visa... My name is Elmer and im currently in Jordan... I dream of going to Canada, shall i go to toronto or vancouver? where can i find jobs and where do i apply? do you know of any specific agencies..?

thank you in advance. :)
What is your status now, Elmer?