+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where to send FBI results after sending in application?

Jun 10, 2015
There's too much to sift through so I'm starting a new topic. I'm sending my application for my spouse to immigrate to Quebec WITHOUT the FBI results.

Question: There is a box saying "Mail results to address"
- Should I just put MY address? Or the Canadian processing address? If so, what is the Canadian processing address?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you're talking about what address to put on the FBI form, use your address. You need to receive the letter first and then send it off to CIC.

Once you receive the letter, make a copy of it for your records, and then send it (along with the envelope, proving it really did come from the FBI...because there are zero security features on the letter) to CIC.

TracyCa64

Aug 28, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2, 2015
Doc's Request.
Form IMM5409 requested Feb 20, 2016
AOR Received.
Nov 25, 2015
File Transfer...
SA- Dec 10, 2015 ** DM- March 14, 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Sept 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Rec'd March 18, 2016
LANDED..........
April 16, 2016
Ponga said:
If you're talking about what address to put on the FBI form, use your address. You need to receive the letter first and then send it off to CIC.

Once you receive the letter, make a copy of it for your records, and then send it (along with the envelope, proving it really did come from the FBI...because there are zero security features on the letter) to CIC.
Uh Oh... I didn't sent in the envelope with mine. Have you seen a problem with this Ponga? I don't even have the envelope anymore. :(

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TracyCa64 said:
Uh Oh... I didn't sent in the envelope with mine. Have you seen a problem with this Ponga? I don't even have the envelope anymore. :(
Since there are now zero security features on the FBI IHSR letter (no idea why they stopped issuing these on blue, tamper-proof paper), it would seem to be very easy to manipulate the letter. By including the original envelope, it just proves that the letter was sent from the FBI...unless you change it. :)

I wouldn't worry about it.

philgoodhusband

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ponga said:
Since there are now zero security features on the FBI IHSR letter (no idea why they stopped issuing these on blue, tamper-proof paper), it would seem to be very easy to manipulate the letter. By including the original envelope, it just proves that the letter was sent from the FBI...unless you change it. :)

I wouldn't worry about it.
Hi everyone, I am supposed to get an FBI police clearance after spending two years in the US as a student. However, knowing that it takes a long while to process, I decided to submit my PR application middle of 2015 without it. Since submitting my application, I received a request for additional documents including a police clearance from China, where I worked for about 10 months. However, I wasn't asked for a USA police clearance at all. (And at that point, I still hadn't received it anyway). I submitted all the additional requirements they asked for.

Two months later and my FBI clearance has finally arrived. My question is should I proactively send this to them without them asking for it? Or should I just assume they don't actually need it since they didn't even ask for it when they asked for other additional documents, in which in case I'll just hold on to this unless/until they ask me for it?

I suppose a related question to this is how these additional documents affect the timeline of my application. Did the request for additional documents earlier "reset" the timeline for my application and thus put me at the back of the queue so to speak? Would sending another document, unprompted this time, also have a similar affect?

batterypk1

Feb 4, 2016
LANDED..........
June 2016
How long did it take to get your FBI check?
I know the site says 13 to 15 weeks but I am looking for current processing times experienced by others and by Location
I am particularly interested in those in the USA.

THanks

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
batterypk1 said:
How long did it take to get your FBI check?
I know the site says 13 to 15 weeks but I am looking for current processing times experienced by others and by Location
I am particularly interested in those in the USA.

THanks
I'm approaching 16 weeks for mine. I sent mine in on October 16th, 2015 and last I heard, they were working on October 14th. Maybe there was a delay from the holidays, but it seems like the FBI has been getting farther and farther behind.

Timeline given by the FBI on their website: "Current processing time is 13-15 weeks. Allow additional time for mail delivery."

Edit: I'm not in the USA, but it's been 15 weeks so far and it hasn't even been processed yet, let alone mailed and received by myself.

ayrazar

Jul 2, 2015
We sent the FBI sept 23, got it in the mail january 27th I think. For reference.

When we got it, we sent it to the second VO. Like, not mississauga.

krishnalynn

May 15, 2015
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
23-12-2015
File Transfer...
08-01-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 15-04-2016
I didn't send the envelope either whoops. I guess it can't be that big of a deal not to send it since it's not my fault there's no security features. I still have it in my drawer in case CIC gives me trouble.

ayrazar

Jul 2, 2015
I did send the envelope but I thought the paper had some security features. I guess maybe it was just the watermark, but hey.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
philgoodhusband said:
Hi everyone, I am supposed to get an FBI police clearance after spending two years in the US as a student. However, knowing that it takes a long while to process, I decided to submit my PR application middle of 2015 without it. Since submitting my application, I received a request for additional documents including a police clearance from China, where I worked for about 10 months. However, I wasn't asked for a USA police clearance at all. (And at that point, I still hadn't received it anyway). I submitted all the additional requirements they asked for.

Two months later and my FBI clearance has finally arrived. My question is should I proactively send this to them without them asking for it? Or should I just assume they don't actually need it since they didn't even ask for it when they asked for other additional documents, in which in case I'll just hold on to this unless/until they ask me for it?

I suppose a related question to this is how these additional documents affect the timeline of my application. Did the request for additional documents earlier "reset" the timeline for my application and thus put me at the back of the queue so to speak? Would sending another document, unprompted this time, also have a similar affect?
I would send it proactively and ask for it to be attached to your application. If you don't do it and they then later realize they want it, it is possible it may have passed it's expiry date and you'd have to start over and get it done again and wait. I personally wouldn't want to risk that and would send it in. They WILL ask for it eventually you spent 2 years in the US.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ayrazar said:
I did send the envelope but I thought the paper had some security features. I guess maybe it was just the watermark, but hey.
Are you sure about the watermark?

AFAIK, all FBI IHSR letters are sent on plain paper without a watermark. This is due to the FBI changing the letters back in early 2015, from what was blue, tamper-proof paper, to plain white paper.

kawafam0919

Star Member
Jul 7, 2015
japan
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
30-Dec-2015
File Transfer...
15-Jan-2016
Med's Done....
03-Oct-2015
philgoodhusband said:

Hey my partner and I are actually in the same situation as you! He spent time as a student in the U.S. and China. We are currently waiting for his FBI check but I was wondering how you handled getting your Chinese police clearance? Since we aren't currently in China we can't go ourselves and any third party company we have looked into has either been super expensive, sketchy looking or hasn't replied to our emails. :( CIC hasn't asked for anything yet but I am wondering if a letter explaining the situation plus a copy of his visa he had at the time, proof we tried to receive the check but have been unable to, etc would be enough...it has been a pretty stressful situation and any advice or help would be super appreciated!

ayrazar

Jul 2, 2015
Ponga said:
Are you sure about the watermark?

AFAIK, all FBI IHSR letters are sent on plain paper without a watermark. This is due to the FBI changing the letters back in early 2015, from what was blue, tamper-proof paper, to plain white paper.
Mine wasn't on plain white paper. It had a watermark and a header with crest. I'm sure, I took a scan of it.