+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHEN YOUR PARENT SPONSORSHIP 2014 APPLICATION REACHED CPC-M? UPDATE HERE...

avn

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-01-2014
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
18-12-2017
Passport Req..
23-02-2018
Finally got medical and pcc for Romania - file was in Ottawa.
Had to redo Schedule A for the 3rd time. What I find ridiculous is that in schedule A I have to completed my 84 year old mothers work history since the age of 18! I responded back clarifying this and highlighting the part that states since the age of 18 or the last 10 years which is most recent and the response I got “An officer has determined that information since the age of 18 is required even though the IMM5669 indicates "Provide the details of your personal history since the age of 18, or the past 10 years, whichever is most recent".

Isn’t that ridiculous? Luckily she has a “work book” as they call it in Romania that we are trying to decode now so I can complete this form - but what would a Canadian citizen of that age do to provide their work history since the age of 18 at the age of 84 !

mapleleaf776

Feb 13, 2017
Finally got medical and pcc for Romania - file was in Ottawa.
Had to redo Schedule A for the 3rd time. What I find ridiculous is that in schedule A I have to completed my 84 year old mothers work history since the age of 18! I responded back clarifying this and highlighting the part that states since the age of 18 or the last 10 years which is most recent and the response I got “An officer has determined that information since the age of 18 is required even though the IMM5669 indicates "Provide the details of your personal history since the age of 18, or the past 10 years, whichever is most recent".

Isn’t that ridiculous? Luckily she has a “work book” as they call it in Romania that we are trying to decode now so I can complete this form - but what would a Canadian citizen of that age do to provide their work history since the age of 18 at the age of 84 !

ya .. that is strange .. we are seeing the odd things .. in my case, they only asked for PCC in October and no medical .. not sure, why they are not sticking to consistent process .. it's hard when you see 2015 and 2016 people are already landed and 2014 is still waiting...

avn

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-01-2014
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
18-12-2017
Passport Req..
23-02-2018
ya .. that is strange .. we are seeing the odd things .. in my case, they only asked for PCC in October and no medical .. not sure, why they are not sticking to consistent process .. it's hard when you see 2015 and 2016 people are already landed and 2014 is still waiting...
Exactly !

I had my mother do her PCC back in July and so glad I did as the whole medical process was such a hassle for Her going from doctor to doctor ! It’s too bad you can’t get started on medical sooner as they require you to bring a form they email you. Give them a call and ask if something happened to the medical request they usually come together.

My coworker told me she brought her parents and applied in 2016 and by August 2016 they had already landed !! I was complaining that I had to yet again fax some more documents and how annoying the system was - I was SHOCKED!

2014parentSponsor

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
wow..8 months processing time!!
it is getting really frustrating and stressful to be in limbo like that and not knowing how much longer we have to wait.
I emailed them asking when the file will be finalized and that people from 2015, 2016 have already landed and I got a generic answer back that file is pending review and that they sympathize with my situation but they have no way of telling me for how long I have to wait...

well - we are just a bunch of numbers and files in their system. who cares if you are bending backwards everday to go to work, look after a family, pay taxes and wait for 4 years for a file to be processed and of course no updates whatsoever of what is happening with the damn file collecting dust somewhere in the world!

sorry for the ranting!

Nidorani

Feb 23, 2017
How much annual income required for parents sponsorship. I applied in January 2014 parents sponsorship with my and my husband income. Parents submitted medical and other required documents in march 2017. Now I received a letter from cic . They asked me if I want to withdraw case due to financial changes.
I never send such letter and my financial position not changed. What happen now. The letter only send to me.
Who send letter to cic? Is he my husband? I am confused. Will cic reject my parents sponsorship

Surrey2014

Jun 23, 2017
Hi,
I have applied for my mother in law in 2014 and connected file online on Aug 8, 2017 after getting GCMS notes. Medical(March 17) and Eligibility( March 2017) was passed in those notes. On GC key Background check was we are processing your background until last week of December (around Christmas). It was changed to Not applicable. I am not sure what this mean.

mapleleaf776

Feb 13, 2017
I submitted PCC 2 months ago and GCKEY still shows "Your action is required" .. is this normal? Maybe when they get to work on file, it will get updated? Would it worth sending them email and checking with them?

2014parentSponsor

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
Hi all,

My online tool status has now been changed to Decision Made. But there is no further details when I click on the status. it still says application received, started processing on xxx and medical passed.

On the other account where you link your application, I have received a PDF that gives info about pre-arrival services
BUT I HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY REQUEST TO SUBMIT PASSPORT FOR COPR!!!!!!!!!

this wait is killing me!
How long should I wait until I receive the request for COPR????
I have refreshed the page and keep logging out and back in to refresh the page; but no PPR!!

mapleleaf776

Feb 13, 2017
Hi all,

My online tool status has now been changed to Decision Made. But there is no further details when I click on the status. it still says application received, started processing on xxx and medical passed.

On the other account where you link your application, I have received a PDF that gives info about pre-arrival services
BUT I HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY REQUEST TO SUBMIT PASSPORT FOR COPR!!!!!!!!!

this wait is killing me!
How long should I wait until I receive the request for COPR????
I have refreshed the page and keep logging out and back in to refresh the page; but no PPR!!
Is it just got updated yesterday? Then you will be seeing some communication soon. Good that your status is updated. I am sure you are very close now ..

2014parentSponsor

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
Thanks :) I hope things move for you all too. The wait is getting to an unbearable point now.

stiiilllll waiting though...no PPR yet...
I just sent a webform inquiry. [sigh...]