+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHEN YOUR PARENT SPONSORSHIP 2014 APPLICATION REACHED CPC-M? UPDATE HERE...

toronto27

Star Member
May 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Jan-2014 11:15am
Parent Sponsorship Application reached CPC-M on Jan 3, 2014 11:15am - fingures crossed. :)

Please update your date and time here so we can check at later stage to see when 5000 cap was reached.

Bmramon ---> Jan 2, 2014 8:56am (mailed on Dec 31, 2013 by Purolator)
Pgpvisa2014 ---> Jan 2, 2014 8:56am (mailed on Dec 31, 2013 by Purolator
Quinnman ---> Jam 3, 2014 8:21am (mailed on Jan 2, 2013 by UPS)
RoyalNS ---> Jam 3, 2014 8:21am (mailed on Jan 2, 2013 by UPS)
M880 ---> Jan 3, 2014 9:27am (maild on Dec 31, 2913 by UPS)
Toronto27 ---> Jan 3, 2014 11:15am (mailed on Jan 2, 2013 by FedEx)

mzm26

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Re: PARENT SPONSORSHIP 2014 APPLICATION REACHED CPC-M

toronto27 said:
Parent Sponsorship Application reached CPC-M on Jan 3, 2014 11:15am - fingures crossed. :)
I am waiting for NOA from CRA, hopefully I get it today. If not I am sending the application package with the NOA my account printout.

Good luck!!

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: PARENT SPONSORSHIP 2014 APPLICATION REACHED CPC-M

good luck guys!

Mona_Barca

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: WHEN PARENT SPONSORSHIP 2014 APPLICATION REACHED CPC-M? UPDATE HERE...

Hi toronto27,

I am sorry to hijack your thread, but I do have a couple of questions since you already filled out your forms (regarding the counting);

I am married with 2 children and I would like to sponsor my parent. I do have four brothers 38, 35, 29 and 26, and one sister who is 19. All of my brothers are financially independent from my parent, and married with their families and children except my sister. Should my count for the family size be 2+2+5 plus my parent, or 2+2+1 plus my parent (based on my sister's age)?

Also, in IMM0008 Q3 asks for the family size (including you, the sponsor). In IMM5678 Q2 asking you to count your self and the Q3 it is asking you to pull the numbers from box#3 (form IMM0008), which already has included the person in question. So, do you count your self as being the sponsor twice? I am just a little confused.

Do you have to make the full payments up-front?

Again my apology for jumping into your thread.

toronto27

Star Member
May 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......

1) Your brothers won't be in the application but your sister will be, so you and your spouse as sponsor and three dependents. You can make your dad a principal applicant -your mom and your sister will be his dependents.

2) IMM0008 - Q3 you need to put number 3 as you are sponsoring three individuals.

3) IMM5768 - Q3a - you need to put number 3 as that's what you are saying in IMM008 Q3

4) IMM5768 - 5 - 1 (assuming your spouse is a sponsor with you and not your dependent)

5) With this total on your IMM5768 Q7 would be 5.

Hope this helps.

Mona_Barca said:
Hi toronto27,

I am sorry to hijack your thread, but I do have a couple of questions since you already filled out your forms (regarding the counting);

I am married with 2 children and I would like to sponsor my parent. I do have four brothers 38, 35, 29 and 26, and one sister who is 19. All of my brothers are financially independent from my parent, and married with their families and children except my sister. Should my count for the family size be 2+2+5 plus my parent, or 2+2+1 plus my parent (based on my sister's age)?

Also, in IMM0008 Q3 asks for the family size (including you, the sponsor). In IMM5678 Q2 asking you to count your self and the Q3 it is asking you to pull the numbers from box#3 (form IMM0008), which already has included the person in question. So, do you count your self as being the sponsor twice? I am just a little confused.

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

I think your family size is 2 (you & your spouse)+ 2 (your children)+2 (your parent)+1 (sister) = 7

IMM0008 needs to fill up by the principal applicant. I think Q3 answer should be 3.
IMM 5678 needs to fill up by the sponsor.

Mona_Barca said:
Hi toronto27,

toronto27

Star Member
May 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......

scorpion_ca said:
I think your family size is 2 (you & your spouse)+ 2 (your children)+2 (your parent)+1 (sister) = 7

IMM0008 needs to fill up by the principal applicant. I think Q3 answer should be 3.
IMM 5678 needs to fill up by the sponsor.
Yes scorpion_ca is correct; I overlooked your 2 children my in response... Your family size will be 7. And regarding fees payment, yes you need to pay full application fees, landing fees can be paid at later stage.

Mona_Barca

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toronto27,

Thanks for your reply, just one clarification;

My spouse will be the co-signer as we will be using his income. Also, I do have two children which they are dependent on us, should I add them in Q6 (IMM5678) which makes the total to 7?

What was really confusing when I read the instructions in the guide is the following quoted, that is why I thought I should even include my brothers who are independent:

"1- Count:

yourself,
your spouse or common-law partner and
dependent children, if applicable.

2- Count:

the number of persons you are now sponsoring and
all dependent family members of that person, whether or not they are accompanying."

Thanks again for your help.

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

I think IMM5768 Q7 should be 7.

IMM5768 Q6 should be 2 (children).

Correct me if I am wrong.

toronto27 said:
1) Your brothers won't be in the application but your sister will be, so you and your spouse as sponsor and three dependents. You can make your dad a principal applicant -your mom and your sister will be his dependents.

2) IMM0008 - Q3 you need to put number 3 as you are sponsoring three individuals.

3) IMM5768 - Q3a - you need to put number 3 as that's what you are saying in IMM008 Q3

4) IMM5768 - 5 - 1 (assuming your spouse is a sponsor with you and not your dependent)

5) With this total on your IMM5768 Q7 would be 5.

Hope this helps.

Mona_Barca

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scorpion_ca & toronto27,

One last clarification, based on my spouse's income we are short in 2012 by less than $300, however if I include the UCCB income which shows on my Line 150 from CRA NOA we are exceeding this required amount. I am not sure, but I have read somewhere that the UCCB payments will be subtracted from the total income to be compared with the LICO+30%, any idea if this is true?

Is it possible that I can sponsor only one of my parents?

Thanks again.

toronto27

Star Member
May 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mona_Barca said:
scorpion_ca & toronto27,

One last clarification, based on my spouse's income we are short in 2012 by less than $300, however if I include the UCCB income which shows on my Line 150 from CRA NOA we are exceeding this required amount. I am not sure, but I have read somewhere that the UCCB payments will be subtracted from the total income to be compared with the LICO+30%, any idea if this is true?

Thanks again.
I am not sure about that and don't want to give a wrong answer. You might want to start a new thread with this question to get more attention from other members who might know about this.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Mona_Barca said:
No, if your parents are married you MUST account for both of them in the family size calculation. Even if only 1 would be coming to Canada.

sunshinemrc

Dec 16, 2013
Mona_Barca said:
scorpion_ca & toronto27,

Thanks again.
As per the below you cannot include UCCB as income.

If the sponsor has submitted a sponsorship application for a parent or grandparent, when assessing updated financial information, the income calculation rule in paragraph 134(3)(c) must be applied. The sponsor's income and the co-signer's income, if applicable, is calculated on the basis of the income earned as reported in the NOA, or an equivalent document (Option C print out), issued by the CRA in respect of each of the three consecutive taxation years immediately preceding the day on which the officer receives the updated evidence. For example, if an application to sponsor a parent or grandparent was submitted in January 2014 and was being processed in July 2016, an officer may request updated financial information from the sponsor. The income calculation will be based on the NOA or option C for taxation years 2015, 2014 and 2013. As in an initial assessment, the sponsor's income and the co-signer's income, if applicable, is the income earned as reported in the NOA or Option C printout, not including:
i.any provincial allowance received by the sponsor for a program of instruction or training;
ii.any social assistance received by the sponsor from a province;
iii.any financial assistance received by the sponsor from the Government of Canada under a resettlement assistance program;
iv.any amounts paid to the sponsor under the Employment Insurance Act, other than special benefits;
v.any monthly guaranteed income supplement paid to the sponsor under the Old Age Security Act; and
vi.any Canada child tax benefit paid to the sponsor under the Income Tax Act.

This information may be found in the CIC OB 561 http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob561.asp