+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHEN YOUR PARENT SPONSORSHIP 2014 APPLICATION REACHED CPC-M? UPDATE HERE...

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can you create an excel file instead of updating your post on the first page? You will not be able to edit your post after certain time.

toronto27

Star Member
May 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Jan-2014 11:15am
quinnman said:
Jan 3, 2014 8:21am (mailed on Jan 2, 2013 by UPS)
Signatures originals as parents are here visiting for Christmas
Updated. Thanks.

toronto27

Star Member
May 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
RoyalNS said:
Application reached CPC-M at 8:21 am on January 3rd 2014, sent on Jan 2nd by UPS (NS). So worried. Any idea when we will get any letter from CPC if my application accepted or rejected?
Updated. Thanks.

toronto27

Star Member
May 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
scorpion_ca said:
Can you create an excel file instead of updating your post on the first page? You will not be able to edit your post after certain time.
I will... just want to see how many members are willing to share this info. If there only a handful then I will keep it on the first page.

leaf

Jan 4, 2014
Hi all,
Please help with my questions:

sorry, I am new to this forum. I am applying for the new 2014 family sponsorship.
I am Canadian Citizen, My sister is PR. I am sponsoring Dad and Mom and a brother who is older than 18 but he is studying Master back home.
My questions are:
1. If my brother is a dependant and is able to apply for immigrate with my parents?? how to prove that he is type B dependant?
2. do I and my sister need to fill out Additional Family Form and Schedule A Background Declaration form?

THANK YOU !!

toronto27

Star Member
May 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
leaf said:
Hi all,
Please help with my questions:

sorry, I am new to this forum. I am applying for the new 2014 family sponsorship.
I am Canadian Citizen, My sister is PR. I am sponsoring Dad and Mom and a brother who is older than 18 but he is studying Master back home.
My questions are:
1. If my brother is a dependant and is able to apply for immigrate with my parents?? how to prove that he is type B dependant?
2. do I and my sister need to fill out Additional Family Form and Schedule A Background Declaration form?

THANK YOU !!
I read your earlier post but didn't reply because I am not sure about a few things....

1) How old is your brother exactly? And as far as I know you and your sister can't be a co-signer, you can have your spouse as a co-signer.
2) You as a sponsor don't need to fill up the Additional Family form; it's for Principal Applicant (your father) and all dependents (your mom or anyone else). Read the guide for Additional Family Information form the very first paragraph says who supposed to fill up this form.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
leaf said:
and a brother who is older than 18 but he is studying Master back home.
My questions are:
The age for dependent right now is less than 22 years old, not 18. So as long as he's 21 or under and not married or common-law, he doesn't need to prove type B.

If he's 22 or over, then would need to include proof of full-time enrollment in university/college. Keep in mind he will need to remain in school full-time right up until the visas are given, which could be many years from now. If he finishes school during the processing time, he is no longer a type B dependent.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

leaf said:
hello all,
My questions are:

I really appreciate the help!
Thanks
1. If you are applying your sister has nothing to do with your sponsorship, she can't co-sign, only a spouse can co-sign.
2. Your brother if over 22 must prove that he has been continuously enrolled in studies be before the age of 22 and must continue studies until a visa is issued.

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is there anyone submitted cover letter with your application? Please feel free to share it without your personal info. Thanks!

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Those who already submitted application - Did you submit photocopy of FULL or BIOGRAPHICAL PAGES of passport for the principal applicant? Thanks!

janpreet

Feb 21, 2013
Hi Everyone

I have been waiting desperately to apply for my parent's immigration since Nov 4th, 2011.

Last time around, I had my parents application filled, duly signed and completed on the Friday evening of Nov 4th, 2011. I had plans to mail the application on Monday morning via Xpress Canada post. But as you all know, on same evening it was announced that CIC is putting temp pause for 24 months.

I could not believe my 'bad luck' and was so upset and frustrated because no heads-up was given. Anyways, I waited patiently for this category to re-open.

Since my parents are US citizen and can travel freely to Canada I made sure they were here for New Year to sign the newly released forms on Dec 31st, 2013.

Luckily I had all the required documents available like NOAs, birth certs, marriage certs plus I was still eligible to sponsor. Therefore I was able to complete and submit my application on Jan 2nd 2014. As per Canada Post my parents application is already delivered. :D

So here is my timeline:

Application Sent - Jan 2nd, 2014
Delivered - Jan 3rd, 2014

Thanks and all the best!

janpreet

Feb 21, 2013
scorpion_ca said:
Is there anyone submitted cover letter with your application? Please feel free to share it without your personal info. Thanks!
No, I did not submitted a cover letter, in fact I have never sent a cover letter ever before. I have been dealing with CIC since I came as Student visa and now I am Canadian Citizen.

leaf

Jan 4, 2014
Thank you for all the replies...
my brother is studying his Master... takes 2 years or so...

Jan 6, 2014
Reached today Jan 6th at around 11:00 am by courier. I hope its not too late.

Anyone know exactly how they'll decide which 5000 are the first ones? Sounds tricky and fraught with errors to me. Also, what kind of processing time are we looking at if it does make it within the first 5K? 5 yrs.,10 yrs? Hopefully with the new application throttling and increased volume of processing in last couple of years, the processing time comes back to the 3-5 year range.

Good luck everyone!