+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHEN YOUR PARENT SPONSORSHIP 2014 APPLICATION REACHED CPC-M? UPDATE HERE...

toronto27

Star Member
May 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Jan-2014 11:15am
scorpion_ca said:
Those who already submitted application - Did you submit photocopy of FULL or BIOGRAPHICAL PAGES of passport for the principal applicant? Thanks!
I submitted all the passport pages where there was information, visa and stamps.

toronto27

Star Member
May 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
scorpion_ca said:
Can you create an excel file instead of updating your post on the first page? You will not be able to edit your post after certain time.
You were right; I am unable to change the first post anymore. I have created a Google Spreadsheet and shared a link on my signature line. I will update it at least once a day for next few months.

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks! +1

toronto27 said:
You were right; I am unable to change the first post anymore. I have created a Google Spreadsheet and shared a link on my signature line. I will update it at least once a day for next few months.

toronto27

Star Member
May 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
john6514520 said:
Application sent on Jan 2 by UPS - Application received on Jan 3 at 8:40 am
Thanks. Updated on Google Spreadsheet - see my signature line.

toronto27

Star Member
May 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
janpreet said:
Hi Everyone

Application Sent - Jan 2nd, 2014
Delivered - Jan 3rd, 2014

Thanks and all the best!
Thanks. Updated on Google Spreadsheet - see my signature line.

toronto27

Star Member
May 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FingersCrossed10x said:
Reached today Jan 6th at around 11:00 am by courier. I hope its not too late.

Anyone know exactly how they'll decide which 5000 are the first ones? Sounds tricky and fraught with errors to me. Also, what kind of processing time are we looking at if it does make it within the first 5K? 5 yrs.,10 yrs? Hopefully with the new application throttling and increased volume of processing in last couple of years, the processing time comes back to the 3-5 year range.

Good luck everyone!
Thanks for the timeline.

I believe we won't find out for a few months when 5000 cap was reached. When they open packages they will be looking for "5000 complete" applications with no missing information.

I am sure with two years of pause and cap on number of new applications; it will come down to 2.5 to 3 years processing time in a year or so for in-Canada applicants.

mzm26

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
toronto27 said:
Thanks for the timeline.

I believe we won't find out for a few months when 5000 cap was reached. When they open packages they will be looking for "5000 complete" applications with no missing information.

I am sure with two years of pause and cap on number of new applications; it will come down to 2.5 to 3 years processing time in a year or so for in-Canada applicants.
Application reached CIC office 2014/01/06 2:48PM.
Nice job creating the xls file.

toronto27

Star Member
May 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
mzm26 said:
Application reached CIC office 2014/01/06 2:48PM.
Nice job creating the xls file.
Thanks. Updated your info in the file.

RPh

Jan 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CPC-M just got our application today, 11 am by Purolator.
Apparently, there were so many applications this week and last week that the store in the courier store whom I dealt with that they couldn't entertain
delivery requests over the phone last Friday.
Do you think they have reached the cap yet? My guess is that probably, they're getting at least 500 per day, so 7 days after they opened, it might be at least 4K envelopes by now.
But then, it's just my wild guess.

manek

Mar 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ours sent via Purolator on January 6 reached at 8:55 am on January 7.

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC might receive 500 or more application per day. But the point is the application completed or not. I have found on this forum that several people sent their applications without 2010 NOA or option C and parents' original signatures on the forms. Hope for the best.

RPh said:
CPC-M just got our application today, 11 am by Purolator.
Apparently, there were so many applications this week and last week that the store in the courier store whom I dealt with that they couldn't entertain
delivery requests over the phone last Friday.
Do you think they have reached the cap yet? My guess is that probably, they're getting at least 500 per day, so 7 days after they opened, it might be at least 4K envelopes by now.
But then, it's just my wild guess.

toronto27

Star Member
May 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
manek said:
Ours sent via Purolator on January 6 reached at 8:55 am on January 7.
@Rph and @Manek - thanks for the timeline. Google spreadsheet is updated (link is in my signature line).

Jan 10, 2014
Oakville, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2014
Reached on 9th January 3.20 pm. I might or might not make the 5000 cap.

I could have submitted by 3rd of January had the UPS didn't lose my package. My parents are in Sri Lanka, I emailed them the forms and they printed, signed and handed over to UPS which should have arrived in Canada by 5am on the 3rd. But it stopped at Louisville, KY and never moved.

Called UPS and they said weather, customs and all excuses and said Monday I will get it, but on Monday they gave a EXCEPTION status and initiated a lost package inquiry. Customer service was crap.

Then I didn't want to wait and my parents sent another copy via DHL and I picked it from Hamilton depot by 9 am on the the 9th and sent it by same day courier.

Thanks to UPS, my dream of having my parents with me may get dragged by a year or more. But, I wanted a honest application and I did what I felt is right.

Good luck everyone, and I don't mind if 5000 genuine people get in and I miss since all want there parents with them as much as I do, but I will be disappointed if someone who faked the signature get in.

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Which address did you use to mail your package?

I have used the following address. I sent it through Xpresspost by Canada Post.

Case Processing Centre – Mississauga PGP
Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship
2 Robert Speck Parkway, Suite 300
Mississauga, ON L4Z 1H8

I just talked to Canada Post and they have informed me that the above address is not an office. It's like a facility, where Canada Post delivers the package and someone from CIC will pick up and sign the delivery notice.

PS_4_Parents_Sponsorship said:
Reached on 9th January 3.20 pm. I might or might not make the 5000 cap.

I could have submitted by 3rd of January had the UPS didn't lose my package. My parents are in Sri Lanka, I emailed them the forms and they printed, signed and handed over to UPS which should have arrived in Canada by 5am on the 3rd. But it stopped at Louisville, KY and never moved.

Called UPS and they said weather, customs and all excuses and said Monday I will get it, but on Monday they gave a EXCEPTION status and initiated a lost package inquiry. Customer service was crap.

Then I didn't want to wait and my parents sent another copy via DHL and I picked it from Hamilton depot by 9 am on the the 9th and sent it by same day courier.

Thanks to UPS, my dream of having my parents with me may get dragged by a year or more. But, I wanted a honest application and I did what I felt is right.

Good luck everyone, and I don't mind if 5000 genuine people get in and I miss since all want there parents with them as much as I do, but I will be disappointed if someone who faked the signature get in.

Jan 10, 2014
Oakville, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2014
That is the address you need to send it to if you are using a courier. And yours is treated a courier, so shouldn't be a issue.