+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHEN YOUR PARENT SPONSORSHIP 2014 APPLICATION REACHED CPC-M? UPDATE HERE...

xwlily

Star Member
Apr 18, 2008
Hi Everyone,

We have received an email for passport request today. I started following this blog last year and it helped me a lot. I think my information is not on Excel Sheet, therefore, I am providing more details below:

Applied in Jan 2014
Received email in Jun 2014 that our case has been included in 5000.
Received Sponsorship approval in Dec 2016.( we have to call them in Nov to know why our case has not been started yet as one of our relative got visa in that month)
Case forwarded to India. They start processing on Feb 2017
DNA request in March
Medical done on March 2017
Landing Fee (April ) and PCC request( May)
After that I got to know about this blog and knew about GCMS notes.
Applied GCMS notes on Aug 2016 ( Medical expiry date as per GCMS notes were April 18) and connected our application online at that time. Background check was in progress at that time.
Around December 20th background check changed to NA
On Feb 16 background check changed to in process again.
Feb 19, Status changed to decision made and received PPR email.

Thank you everyone for their inputs and Best of luck to all who are waiting.
Congratulations!

Reactions: Surrey2014

mangunguma88

Jan 7, 2014
"Medical results have been received" stats changed within a week after done the medical exam.
"Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. " stats changed same time (under mycic account)
Thanks XWLILY. We haven't heard anything from CIC yet, both on mycic account and email. Just praying. Thanks again.

missmywife

Star Member
Mar 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NVDO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
21-05-2015
File Transfer...
12-06-2015
Med's Request
25-02-2016
Med's Done....
26-02-2016
Interview........
DM: Mar 20 2016
And one more...Same here :( ...no updates...file being processed in Ottawa.
Finally an update...I see in the the GCKey account the following which was updated 2 days ago:

We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

And then the following message from today:

"Invitation to Pre-arrival services - February 28, 2018 12:00:00 p.m. EST"

Not sure what to make of the above. Hopefully the end is in sight!

Lbalcueva06

Feb 28, 2018
Hi all... I am new bee here.. I just to ask a guidelines how to apply parents/grandparents supervisa.. if how to apply and the process? Thank you everyone

xwlily

Star Member
Apr 18, 2008
Finally an update...I see in the the GCKey account the following which was updated 2 days ago:

We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

And then the following message from today:

"Invitation to Pre-arrival services - February 28, 2018 12:00:00 p.m. EST"

Not sure what to make of the above. Hopefully the end is in sight!
congratulations! Almost there.

missmywife

Star Member
Mar 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NVDO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
21-05-2015
File Transfer...
12-06-2015
Med's Request
25-02-2016
Med's Done....
26-02-2016
Interview........
DM: Mar 20 2016
congratulations! Almost there.
Thanks xwlily!

Just wondering if you /someone could guide me with Inland landing process - How can I go about booking an appointment for Inland landing? My parent is in the GTA but I don't mind driving to Hamilton/Kitchener or a bit further away. My parent is very hesitant to go to the border so that's why I have to look into the Inland landing process. Any help or guidance would be super appreciated.

vineetbunty

Mar 2, 2018
Hi all, hoping you can help me understand this - my arents completed their medical in July 2017, and were expecting a request for passport for Visa stamping, but they recently got an email saying the file is being transferred to Delhi office. What is worrisome is the language used ... "Your application has been transferred to a visa office outside Canada for further review of your eligibility and admissibility for a permanent resident visa." It doesnt feel like this is anywhere closer to completion.

I was wondering if anyone else has had similar situation? I do want to mention that we had noticed a typographical error in my father's DOB, when the letter for medical came in. We pointed it out along with the police certificate and sent in enough government documents as proof for right DOB. Could that be putting the aplication at risk?

Thanks in advance for your response! Much appreciated!

Surrey2014

Jun 23, 2017
Hi all, hoping you can help me understand this - my arents completed their medical in July 2017, and were expecting a request for passport for Visa stamping, but they recently got an email saying the file is being transferred to Delhi office. What is worrisome is the language used ... "Your application has been transferred to a visa office outside Canada for further review of your eligibility and admissibility for a permanent resident visa." It doesnt feel like this is anywhere closer to completion.

I was wondering if anyone else has had similar situation? I do want to mention that we had noticed a typographical error in my father's DOB, when the letter for medical came in. We pointed it out along with the police certificate and sent in enough government documents as proof for right DOB. Could that be putting the aplication at risk?

Thanks in advance for your response! Much appreciated!
From the information you have written above, I think what they need is an interview. My guess is that your parents case was processing from other office than New Delhi and since now they gonna interview them that is why your case has been transferred to India.
I think you should not worry from the wording that they are going to review of your parents eligibility and admissibility for a permanent resident visa. It just mean that they have not reached at the final decision yet. I think they will interview them soon and they will get visa before their medical expiry date.

Reactions: vineetbunty

vineetbunty

Mar 2, 2018
From the information you have written above, I think what they need is an interview. My guess is that your parents case was processing from other office than New Delhi and since now they gonna interview them that is why your case has been transferred to India.
I think you should not worry from the wording that they are going to review of your parents eligibility and admissibility for a permanent resident visa. It just mean that they have not reached at the final decision yet. I think they will interview them soon and they will get visa before their medical expiry date.
Thanks Surrey2014! Much appreciated. Yes, their case was being processed at CPC Ottawa.

What you are saying makes sense. There was a change in information, so it makes sense that they may want to interview.

I hope they get it soon! Thanks again!