+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHEN YOUR PARENT SPONSORSHIP 2014 APPLICATION REACHED CPC-M? UPDATE HERE...

OnePieceOne

Jan 30, 2014
Anyone able to check their status online using your AOR file number or Client ID? As of today, I still can't see my status.

goal80

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
OnePieceOne said:
Anyone able to check their status online using your AOR file number or Client ID? As of today, I still can't see my status.
I cannot check my status online

nina.roy

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mtian said:
Good luck for 2015, but do you think they will change the rules or forms in 2015? Do you remember when the rule was released last year?
I doubt they will change the rules or forms for 2015 pgp. May be just generic application form IM0008 as that form is used for other immigration categories too. They released the forms and rules in the last week of Dec 2013 for PGP 2014.

nina.roy

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
Nina,

Did CIC actually return all your documents with your application? Did you have to get new documents for your new upcoming 2015 PGP?

Screech339
No they didn't return anything. When they called to confirm withdrawal, I asked if they would return my docs and they said they will not return anything unless there were originals sent with my application. Everything I sent were copies.

I prepared a fresh copy of application with original signatures and option C for 2011/12/13.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
nina.roy said:
No they didn't return anything. When they called to confirm withdrawal, I asked if they would return my docs and they said they will not return anything unless there were originals sent with my application. Everything I sent were copies.

I prepared a fresh copy of application with original signatures and option C for 2011/12/13.
I am honestly surprised that they would keep all the documents, regardless if they were copies or not. I thought those who applied through inland spousal PR would be the ones who would not get their documents back. Everyone else would get theirs back.

Screech339

MPNP_Winnipeg

Aug 13, 2012
My application for sponsoring my parents was accepted in the quota but have not received any updates after the first AOR email in early June. Has anyone heard anything from CIC beyond this stage ?

goal80

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Corrado7 said:
Hello,
Am I the only one here, who still did not receive AOR email?..
I'm using a yahoo email. And I fond this email in the SPAM !!!
So check your spam maybe ...

Corrado7

Aug 19, 2014
goal80 said:
I'm using a yahoo email. And I fond this email in the SPAM !!!
So check your spam maybe ...
No, it is not in SPAM..
I noticed that my VISA card has been charged with the amount of processing fee, but still no other confirmation that my application has been accepted..

sylvia27

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
Question please: if birth and marriage certificate are not in English or French, what to do?

- Make a true copy in the original language and certify it in English (“I certify that this is a true copy of the original document”,the name of the original document,the date of the certification,his or her name,his or her official position or title, andhis or her signature) or certify it in the original language?
- Translate the original document? if done in Canada, do I need to certify it again? ir is it better to translate it in original country and get affidavit?

- For marriage certificate of the parents, they didn't specify if original or photocopy, I assume we have to send the original with the true copy and translation? and if so will the original be returned after?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
sylvia27 said:
Question please: if birth and marriage certificate are not in English or French, what to do?

- Make a true copy in the original language and certify it in English (“I certify that this is a true copy of the original document”,the name of the original document,the date of the certification,his or her name,his or her official position or title, andhis or her signature) or certify it in the original language?
- Translate the original document? if done in Canada, do I need to certify it again? ir is it better to translate it in original country and get affidavit?

- For marriage certificate of the parents, they didn't specify if original or photocopy, I assume we have to send the original with the true copy and translation? and if so will the original be returned after?
If I'm not mistaken, the documents need to be translated and certified in the country the document has been issued.

As for marriage certificate, I think photocopy will suffice but also need to have original translated certified document with it.

sylvia27

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
screech339 said:
If I'm not mistaken, the documents need to be translated and certified in the country the document has been issued.

As for marriage certificate, I think photocopy will suffice but also need to have original translated certified document with it.
I found this in the CIC guide:

Translation of documents

Any document that is not in English or French must be accompanied by:

the English or French translation; and
an affidavit from the person who completed the translation; and
a certified copy of the original document.
Note: An affidavit is a document on which the translator has sworn, in the presence of a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the country in which the translator is living, that the contents of their translation are a true translation and representation of the contents of the original document. Translators who are certified members in good standing of one of the provincial or territorial organizations of translators and interpreters of Canada do not need to supply an affidavit.

Important information. Translations by family members are not acceptable.

Certified true copies

To have a photocopy of a document certified, an authorized person must compare the original document to the photocopy and must print the following on the photocopy:

“I certify that this is a true copy of the original document”,
the name of the original document,
the date of the certification,
his or her name,
his or her official position or title, and
his or her signature.

So it doesn't mention anywhere if the document should be translated in the country it was issues. The reason I'm asking is if i translate the documents in Canada, it would save me the hassle of getting an affidavit.

Also for certification, do you have any idea if it should be written in english as mentioned above on top of the true copy?

Thanks.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
sylvia27 said:
I found this in the CIC guide:

Translation of documents

Any document that is not in English or French must be accompanied by:

the English or French translation; and
an affidavit from the person who completed the translation; and
a certified copy of the original document.
Note: An affidavit is a document on which the translator has sworn, in the presence of a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the country in which the translator is living, that the contents of their translation are a true translation and representation of the contents of the original document. Translators who are certified members in good standing of one of the provincial or territorial organizations of translators and interpreters of Canada do not need to supply an affidavit.

Important information. Translations by family members are not acceptable.

Certified true copies

To have a photocopy of a document certified, an authorized person must compare the original document to the photocopy and must print the following on the photocopy:

“I certify that this is a true copy of the original document”,
the name of the original document,
the date of the certification,
his or her name,
his or her official position or title, and
his or her signature.

So it doesn't mention anywhere if the document should be translated in the country it was issues. The reason I'm asking is if i translate the documents in Canada, it would save me the hassle of getting an affidavit.

Also for certification, do you have any idea if it should be written in english as mentioned above on top of the true copy?

Thanks.
You are correct and I was mistaken that translated copies can be done within Canada. However the original documents must be authenticated by the countries it came from in order for official translation to be done locally. Usually it is in a form of an apostil seal or some form of stamp from issuing country on original document. Then the document can then be photocopied and notarized by local authorities to say in English, that it is true copy of original.

The translators can then translate the certified copy of the document and issue an original translated document with it.

Cocoa

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Corrado7 said:
Hello,
Am I the only one here, who still did not receive AOR email?..
My credit card was charged too. But I didn't get any email or mail from them. I called many times, they said I am in the 5000. They even gave me a file number through the phone. I asked them to mail me a confirmation letter. They said they will. It has been one month, I still didn't receive anything.