+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHEN YOUR PARENT SPONSORSHIP 2014 APPLICATION REACHED CPC-M? UPDATE HERE...

Cocoa

Star Member
May 5, 2014
nikary said:
Good to hear that. My application was received on the 20th Jan, got UCI number as well but came back on the 29th Jan, as there was payment amount missing on Fee Payment form in Section B. All my forms were accurate as per their own checklist that they sent it back with my application. I re-submitted right away with completion. But received it back in May saying that did not make it to cap. I am wondering that how come they did not consider my application in after so many months. Is there any way I can contact Immigration Canada on this issue as it was not that anything major missing.
It was already too late when you submitted on Jan 20th. Some who sent in earlier( in first week of Jan) and got returned actually made it in late stage. So the first submitting date was very important.
Also they informed you so late because they were calculating the numbers that sent in second time. Again, it seems that the first time submission date matters more.
I think you will have to do it next year.
Good luck!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
nikary said:
Good to hear that. My application was received on the 20th Jan, got UCI number as well but came back on the 29th Jan, as there was payment amount missing on Fee Payment form in Section B. All my forms were accurate as per their own checklist that they sent it back with my application. I re-submitted right away with completion. But received it back in May saying that did not make it to cap. I am wondering that how come they did not consider my application in after so many months. Is there any way I can contact Immigration Canada on this issue as it was not that anything major missing.
When you do submit your PGP in 2015, make sure you cross all the t's and dot all the i's. Make sure the application is complete and that you in fact pass all the requirements of PGP sponsorship, including all option C printouts they asked for, 2011, 2012 and 2013. Not 2014. And that you actually meet the lico minimum requirements.

There was a lot of rejected pgp application in 2014. You can bet your *ss that these people won't make the same mistake twice. So the 5000 cap will likely to be reached in the first week.

Screech339

usheraz

Jan 20, 2013
Hi friends- Can I ask you regarding required income for parents sponsorship.

My question is whether or not Income withdrawn from RRSPs in a certain year included in total income calculations for that year? did someone have such experience? Please advise.

Thanks in advance

CPA2CANADA

Jun 9, 2009
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London, United Kingdom
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 1, 2009
Doc's Request.
Jun 4, 2009
AOR Received.
Aug 12, 2009
Med's Request
Sep 16, 2009
Med's Done....
Oct 1, 2009
Passport Req..
Oct 20, 2009
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 15, 2009
LANDED..........
in July 8, 2010 (Toronto)
Guys....here is my case: My parents marriage was annulled in our home country back in 2006 but it was just finalized late 2009. In my initial application to Canada as an immigrant, i have put their status as married. Right now, I am already getting ready to file for my mother's sponsorship in Jan 2015 and I am just wondering if there will be a problem if I will only get my mother as the principal applicant as I do not want to bring my father in Canada.

Will there be an issue on the form I have filled out originally (when I applied for my immigration) stating that their status is married? If I will be filling up the form this time, I will put there in the background as "annulled marriage" so the spouse portion should be blank.

Appreciate if you can shed light on my situation.

Thanks...

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
CPA2CANADA said:
Guys....here is my case: My parents marriage was annulled in our home country back in 2006 but it was just finalized late 2009. In my initial application to Canada as an immigrant, i have put their status as married. Right now, I am already getting ready to file for my mother's sponsorship in Jan 2015 and I am just wondering if there will be a problem if I will only get my mother as the principal applicant as I do not want to bring my father in Canada.

Will there be an issue on the form I have filled out originally (when I applied for my immigration) stating that their status is married? If I will be filling up the form this time, I will put there in the background as "annulled marriage" so the spouse portion should be blank.

Appreciate if you can shed light on my situation.

Thanks...
Should not be a problem so long as the divorce or annulment was official. You would need to provide documentation on that.

Screech339

percyperry

Oct 21, 2014
@ nikary
The UCI number usually is the same what they have in their file for you ( check your PR Card), I am sure it was not net new created for your Sponsor application.
my thought...:)

Once application is accepted, you get new file number

nikary

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Thanks percyperry
I don't have PR card. I have been living here for so long. But my parents showed interest to come to Canada in 2011, by the time we decided to do their paper work. CIC put a pause on parents immigration. I had all the paper work ready for them for January 2014 but on 31st Dec 2013 CIC updated some forms. That's why it took me couple of weeks to get it done. I was surprised that CIC did not consider my application or ask me to re-submit after filling the amount in. Oh well...I will file again in January 2015.

I have all the paper work ready.
-Is it okay to have my parents sign those paper this year?
-The only mistake I made last year was did not fill out the "amount" on Section B on Fee payment form. Would you suggest to prepay that or give credit card.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
nikary said:
Thanks percyperry
I don't have PR card. I have been living here for so long.
You should get your PR card renewed. As part of the process to approve you as a sponsor, CIC will want to make sure you are are a qualifying PR that meets PR residency obligations.

I have all the paper work ready.
-Is it okay to have my parents sign those paper this year?
You can try, but just before the program re-opens in Jan 2015 CIC may release new versions of the forms meaning you would have to get all new signatures.

-The only mistake I made last year was did not fill out the "amount" on Section B on Fee payment form. Would you suggest to prepay that or give credit card.
I believe everyone just writes the amount and gives CC info, and CIC will charge the CC.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
nikary said:
I am a Canadian citizen.
In that case, never mind as it doesn't apply.

nikary

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
So my question remains the same that, why did I get UCI # for my file and then they returned as there was "amount" missing in Fee Payment form

percyperry

Oct 21, 2014
@ nikary

Dont know what was the rational behind you getting UCI # from CIC on your sponsor application

between, if you dont mind can I ask you how did you become Canadian Citizen??