+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHEN YOUR PARENT SPONSORSHIP 2014 APPLICATION REACHED CPC-M? UPDATE HERE...

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
mspjal said:

@soonihope,

Yes, you are pretty much right. But then ,when I compare with the CAPS note details of my own PR applications and the observations made in the online Status, I can conclude as to how our PR file passes through different stages.

I believe, online status continues to show" IN PROCESS" till VO gives his /her final decision on the file.Demand of passport is suggestive of the fact that the file has crossed all the hurdles, but for "SECURITY CHECK".The moment VO gets positive report in this regard,he/she will approve the file for issue of visa and this may culminate into ONLINE STATUS TURNING TO "DECISION MADE".

This had happened in my case and many other friends in the forum.

I am sure,it may apply to you,as well.

Good luck and May God bless you all !!!!!

mspja
I don't know if I agree with that.

Our last email for passport requests starts with:

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your confirmation of permanent residence and if applicable permanent residence visa.

The email subject matter was "ready for visa"

I can't believe they would still be doing security checks if they sent this email.

Ecas still says "in process" though

CBC2470

Apr 1, 2016
I just received notification from CIC that our application as sponsor is approved. The application for Permanent Residence has been sent to Pretoria (South Africa) April 26, 2016. :D

TRUE RUSSIAN

Star Member
Jul 20, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
KIEV, UKRAINE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 6, 2014
File Transfer...
May 28, 2016
ANY NEWS GUYS???

My application was received on January 6, 2014 and started processing March 2, 2016....still no Approval news, ecas still says "In Process"...

CBC2470

Apr 1, 2016
Our Ecas file also shows in progress - our application started processing Mar 3, 2016. We received confirmation yesterday via email. Check your junk mail.

Apr 27, 2016
Thanks for everyone's sharing your info--this thread seems to be extremely helpful.

I applied for my parents at the beginning of Jan 2014. Today I received an e-mailed letter:

"You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent
Residence for your relative has been forwarded to the visa office in CPC-Ottawa for further processing. "

I am really new to everything. Anybody can explain what: "has been forwarded to the visa office in CPC-Ottawa for further processing" actually means? I think I read somewhere in the past that the parents immigration is divided into 2 stages, stage 1 is to evaluate my own qualifications, stage 2 is to evaluate my parents qualifications, so does this mean that we have now passed stage 1, and moved onto stage 2?

CBC2470

Apr 1, 2016
Thats correct. Stage 1 is to evaluate you as a sponsor. Stage 2 evaluate the person your parent/s. Also the file was transferred to Ottawa because you had put a Canadian address for your parent/s. Is this correct?

Apr 27, 2016
Yeah, BC address, thanks so much for your very swift response!!!

This is so great to know!!! It was so stressful back in Jan 2014 to file the application--I stayed up for the whole night for the app form to appear...

From Soonihope's record:

File Transfer...: Jan 2015
Med's Request: Dec 2015
Med's Done....: Dec 2015
Passport Req..: Apr 2016

So this file Transfer is the same as mine "application has been forwarded to Ottawa" is it?

So this also means my parents may well be requested the passports in a year and half and potentially get their immigration status in 1.5 to 2 years?

kiwi2016

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
maryforparents said:

This is so great to know!!! It was so stressful back in Jan 2014 to file the application--I stayed up for the whole night for the app form to appear...

From Soonihope's record:

So this file Transfer is the same as mine "application has been forwarded to Ottawa" is it?

So this also means my parents may well be requested the passports in a year and half and potentially get their immigration status in 1.5 to 2 years?

I think we're all pretty confident it will happen much sooner... hopefully this year, and if not then the very beginning of next... fingers crossed!!

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
maryforparents said:

From Soonihope's record:

Yes my file transfer was when we got sponsorship approval and application was transferred to Ottawa exactly like yours.

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
kiwi2016 said:
I think we're all pretty confident it will happen much sooner... hopefully this year, and if not then the very beginning of next... fingers crossed!!
I would agree. The only slowing down could occur if the 2016 PGP visa quota gets used up with so many approvals.

I think it will depend on how soon medical requests start to be issued as they are only valid for 12 months. Sooner the medical request is received this year the greater the chance to also get visa before 2016 ends.

Medical requests after sept 2016 have higher chance to get their visa in 2017

kiwi2016

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
soonihope said:
I would agree. The only slowing down could occur if the 2016 PGP visa quota gets used up with so many approvals.

I think it will depend on how soon medical requests start to be issued as they are only valid for 12 months. Sooner the medical request is received this year the greater the chance to also get visa before 2016 ends.

Medical requests after sept 2016 have higher chance to get their visa in 2017
I think you're spot on. I think they're clearing all the 2010's maybe before starting on 2011/2014/and possibly 2015....
I'm really hoping to get medical request before September, as my mum did a medical last September for her supervisa... hoping it will still be valid! Try and save some money somewhere along the line! :)

Yorkiemum

Sep 23, 2015
TRUE RUSSIAN said:
ANY NEWS GUYS???

My application was received on January 6, 2014 and started processing March 2, 2016....still no Approval news, ecas still says "In Process"...
Our application says the same but the dates are earlier. It still says In Process, even though the agent at the border has told us our sponsor has been approved and our application is well under way. Neither our sponsor or is have received any notifications.

mspjal

Star Member
Dec 22, 2013
CALGARY
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
n/a
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
Jan 07,2014 ,REACHED cic-m on Jan 10,2014,at 11.30 AM
Doc's Request.
In Process since 22/04/2016
Nomination.....
credit card charged on Jan 25,2014
AOR Received.
Recvd on JUN 09,2014 CPC-MISSISSAUGA.
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
Approved by CPC-MISSISSAUGA nd file trfd. to CPC-Ottawa on April 14,2016
Med's Request
received vide email dated June 30,2016.
Med's Done....
AS on July 21 nd information sent to CPC-Ottawa on July 26,Medical results recvd. line in ecas visible
Interview........
expecting waiver
Passport Req..
Email dtd. Oct.20,2016 recvd. for submission of PPTS nd submitted on Oct. 24, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Docs recvd. on Aug 07,2016
LANDED..........
With God blessings, landed with my spouse at Calgary on April 26,2017.
soonihope said:
I don't know if I agree with that.

Our last email for passport requests starts with:

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your confirmation of permanent residence and if applicable permanent residence visa.

The email subject matter was "ready for visa"

I can't believe they would still be doing security checks if they sent this email.

Ecas still says "in process" though
I am of the view that "RFC" stage arrives only when all the stages of processing system are completed,barring "SECURITY CHECK". It is conducted by the private agencies hired CHC/CIS. It is based on the travel history of the applicant. If someone has stayed in any country other than his/her home county,PCC from the competent is called for,so as to ensure that applicant will not be a "SECURITY THREAT" ,should he/she is to be granted visa.
Notations on CAIPS NOTES/GCMS by the visa officer substantiates this fact.

Ecas shall remain "IN PROCESS"UNTIL AND UNLESS POSITIVE REPORT OF SECURITY AGENCY ARRIVES CHC WHERE THE CASE IS FINALLY PROCESSED.

Thanks for posting your views.

Good luck and May God bless all !!!!

mspjal