+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHEN YOUR PARENT SPONSORSHIP 2014 APPLICATION REACHED CPC-M? UPDATE HERE...

RoyalNS

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
saindia said:
I applied for my Parents on Jan 2nd 2014 and received the confirmation on Jun 9th 2014.
When I check the status online, it says the application is in process and they started processing on Feb 10th 2016.
On the forum I see many have received updates or have been approved as sponsors even though CIC started processing their applications as late as end of March.

I have not heard anything since. Any one else in the same boat who have not heard anything despite application being in processing status for over 2 months?
2 Months? I haven't heard anything in 18 months. They started my file in November 5, 2014. They started my file too early I think thats how I got screwed.
According to Excel sheet looks like ppl are not in ON are getting it faster (I am guessing) compare to ON. When I applied I was in NS then I moved to ON.
Anyway, I just hope to hear something and really hope they send the file to Ottawa not to Singapore. Good luck everyone.

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ROPGP_2014 said:
2nd e-mail? Not much in it. Just confirmation that the application (for Mom & Dad) has been received on Jan 14th, also included the UCI number, and advised that the status can be verified on-line going forward. As I said, the status has never changed from "Application Received" ever since.
This is the email I received in June, 2014.

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Let's start a prediction contest similar to weather forecaster, which mostly does not work.

Those who received approval email and file already forwarded to Ottawa, here is my prediction.

- Submit RPRF by Aug, 2016
- Complete Medical by Nov, 2016
- Submit Passport by Mar, 2017
- Visa issue by Apr, 2017

alwrm

Feb 17, 2014
Hello, I also got an email saying that our file was transferred to LVO. What shall we expect next? Will they email me or my mother about the next step? Do you think they transfer all files electronically? Any ideas?

lethuong

Jan 4, 2014
sylvia27 said:
Keep us updated after you get Quebec approval. I read it was fairly quick about 22 days.
Started processing march 03 2016, approval letter April 19th. (sponsor my parent and brother (21 years old). Application forward to SIngapore. I now fill out the undertaking (quebec). Do you have any idea what is the next step?

Thanks

lethuong

Jan 4, 2014
TRUE RUSSIAN said:
Hey lethuong, when did CIC receive your application (what date)? And when started processing in?
Received sponsorship approval letter from CIC yesterday. Here is my timeline so far:

Application Received: Jan 6th 2014
Sponsorship In-Process: Mar 3rd 2016
Sponsorship approval and transfer to LVO: Apr 19th 2016
Applicants: Mom+Dad+brother (21 years old)
Citizenship: Vietnamese

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
tameez1985 said:
Any others whose application was sent to London? I think I am the first one on this thread with London as the LVO.

I have also updated Rossei's spreadsheet for 2014 PGP. Great work Rossei, thank you.
You're welcome.

I added one more to the SS today who has same timeline as yours. FYI: His/her LVO is London too.

sylvia27

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
lethuong said:
Started processing march 03 2016, approval letter April 19th. (sponsor my parent and brother (21 years old). Application forward to SIngapore. I now fill out the undertaking (quebec). Do you have any idea what is the next step?

Thanks
yes you fill the Quebec undertaking Kit B for sponsoring parents, fill in all the forms and get all the documents required and send them. Quebec should respond to you fairly quickly within a month from receiving the file.
If you want join my new post, Sponsoring parents from Quebec so we can share all our info with others.

Apl2014

Mar 15, 2016
saindia said:
I applied for my Parents on Jan 2nd 2014 and received the confirmation on Jun 9th 2014.
When I check the status online, it says the application is in process and they started processing on Feb 10th 2016.
On the forum I see many have received updates or have been approved as sponsors even though CIC started processing their applications as late as end of March.

I have not heard anything since. Any one else in the same boat who have not heard anything despite application being in processing status for over 2 months?
I am in the same boat as you. Same time line. Waiting for response. Hope we will get some positive response soon.

Thank You

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
alwrm said:
Hello, I also got an email saying that our file was transferred to LVO. What shall we expect next? Will they email me or my mother about the next step? Do you think they transfer all files electronically? Any ideas?
After sponsorship approval communication is sent to the principal applicant at their address or email id such as medical requests.

bmramon

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/01/2014
AOR Received.
09/06/2014
File Transfer...
14-03-2016
Med's Request
21-11-2016
Med's Done....
26-11-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2017
LANDED..........
01-02-2017
lethuong said:
Received sponsorship approval letter from CIC yesterday. Here is my timeline so far:

Application Received: Jan 6th 2014
Sponsorship In-Process: Mar 3rd 2016
Sponsorship approval and transfer to LVO: Apr 19th 2016
Applicants: Mom+Dad+brother (21 years old)
Citizenship: Vietnamese
Awesome, congratulations!

Now I wonder why my file is already at the LVO but I never even got a sponsorship approval letter. Odd!

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
bmramon said:
Awesome, congratulations!

Now I wonder why my file is already at the LVO but I never even got a sponsorship approval letter. Odd!
You could order your gcms notes. They will tell you if and when sponsorship approval occurred.

lethuong

Jan 4, 2014
sylvia27 said:
yes you fill the Quebec undertaking Kit B for sponsoring parents, fill in all the forms and get all the documents required and send them. Quebec should respond to you fairly quickly within a month from receiving the file.
If you want join my new post, Sponsoring parents from Quebec so we can share all our info with others.
Thank you Sylvia,
So you already applied for undertaking with Quebec? im preparing the documents, properly ready by next week.

SPVG

Dec 7, 2014
soonihope said:
We got the email for PPR request today. I can't say the last 5 years waiting for this day were easy but the relief today when I saw that email in my inbox was unbelievable.

The subject matter for the email was Re: Ready for visa

They need to ask if we're ready.................... ;D
Took us almost 5 years to reach this day but so happy today.

Good luck to all still on this journey. I hope you all get this email soon.
Congrats SooniHope! Though my application went in only in 2015, I can understand the anguish that you and other applicants from the pre-frreeze period have and are still going through while waiting for the good news.

I really appreciate the constant feedback and helpful suggestions that you and Rossei provide to all the applicants in the 2011, 2014, 2015 and 2016 PGP forums. Thanks a lot to the both of you for your unselfish contributions.

The lengthy explanation that you provided a few days ago on the different speed of processing for stage 1 between the 2011 and 2014 applicants was very clear and insightful. I am confident that most 2011 applicants would get their visa approvals before they start issuing visas to 2014 applicants.

I am a parent being sponsored by my son who is a Canadian citizen. As a 2015 applicant I anticipate to get my PR visa in late 2017 or early 2018.

Btw, how long does the Singapore LVO take to process Stage 2 of the PGP application?

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
SPVG said:
Congrats SooniHope! Though my application went in only in 2015, I can understand the anguish that you and other applicants from the pre-frreeze period have and are still going through while waiting for the good news.

I really appreciate the constant feedback and helpful suggestions that you and Rossei provide to all the applicants in the 2011, 2014, 2015 and 2016 PGP forums. Thanks a lot to the both of you for your unselfish contributions.

The lengthy explanation that you provided a few days ago on the different speed of processing for stage 1 between the 2011 and 2014 applicants was very clear and insightful. I am confident that most 2011 applicants would get their visa approvals before they start issuing visas to 2014 applicants.

I am a parent being sponsored by my son who is a Canadian citizen. As a 2015 applicant I anticipate to get my PR visa in late 2017 or early 2018.

Btw, how long does the Singapore LVO take to process Stage 2 of the PGP application?
Thank you for the kind words. I try to contribute in whatever small way I can in these threads, however my efforts are nowhere in comparison to Rossei.
As a person you learn from your own experience and I just try to share with others whatever I have learnt during this process and hope something shared may provide a little bit of use to another person.

Unfortunately information from CIC is limited and it is easy to feel lost in this maze of forms and procedure. Therefore if everyone shares information with each other we can continue to help each other.

I know for a fact neither Rossei or I have ever meant to offend anyone with our posts.

Regarding how long Singapore LVO takes, these days all LVO can and do work much faster than in the past. However it is no longer possible to check the CICwebsite for processing times of LVO. Even then those posted times used to be very inaccurate.
The good news is that LVO's everywhere have been much faster recently. Just yesterday a case of a Aug 2011 applicant who received medical request around 6 Apr this year also received PPRrequest. That was about 2 weeks and his LVO is not Ottawa.

My one suggestion to all is that do not delay submitting your Police certificates when requested and pay the RPRF as soon as you have the opportunity to do so.
People who have delayed paying this fee have slowed the processing of their case by a few weeks. The wait is long enough as it is, there is no reason to make it longer.

Warm regards