+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

when given instructions/answers/advice from CIC call centre employees?

volkov

Sep 20, 2014
Ponga said:
I agree; it should, but that's not how it works. CIC apparently has no sympathy for people when they later say "But the Call Centre person said this was ok..."!

I was [originally] even told that I needed to apply as a conjugal partner to my sponsor, even though we were both living together, in Canada. How's that for accurate information. Imagine what would have happened if I'd listened to this advice and wasted the time and money.

There should be an elevated level of service for those that have paid the fees and now need to speak with someone that can answer specific questions regarding the SCLP/SCLPC stream. Instead, you spin the `Wheel of Knowledge' when you call and hope that the human on the other end at least has an I.Q. higher than Pi (for starters), followed by the right answer(s) to your very specific question(s).
so I guess we should record our calls with the call centre, regardless of their so called "sympathy" or not, they still have to abide by responsibility of their own departments

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
volkov said:
so I guess we should record our calls with the call centre, regardless of their so called "sympathy" or not, they still have to abide by responsibility of their own departments
Says who?

Look...I totally agree with your logic, but recording a conversation with someone at the Call Centre (who may or may not even give you their personal information) would be futile at best. In the eyes of CIC, their written words in their Manuals, Operational Bulletins, Guides, etc., are probably the gospel that they live by...while we all try to use our secret decoder rings to `read between the lines' of their cryptic wordsmiths' jargon, combined with the phone support that they generously provide. It only makes it worse when the clerk on the other end of the line (because they are NOT trained officers) makes you feel like you're bothering them with your ridiculous question. Pfft!

vaya

Star Member
Jul 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2016
AOR Received.
12-04-2016
Med's Done....
02-02-2016
So, I'm not up for challenging CIC phone consultants as they are just the messenger. But I'm just confused at the moment.

Applicant from Feb 2016 here (inland). Haven't received AOR yet and my husband just called CIC and they told us that no one this year has received their AOR yet and they are still working on 2015 applications. My husband, bless his heart, just took that information and didn't ask any further questions and hung up, but something was off about that response.

Did the agent mistake AOR for AIP? Tactic for calming us down? How can we get any information from CIC phone assistance if only I have a UCI and he hasn't received any emails/letters/etc from CIC in three months? I've tried to get through to an agent 20 times today, and only once managed to get into the waiting line for the actual call, waiting for 30 minutes. And now I am still not one bit closer to finding out what happened to my application.

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
vaya said:
So, I'm not up for challenging CIC phone consultants as they are just the messenger. But I'm just confused at the moment.

Applicant from Feb 2016 here (inland). Haven't received AOR yet and my husband just called CIC and they told us that no one this year has received their AOR yet and they are still working on 2015 applications. My husband, bless his heart, just took that information and didn't ask any further questions and hung up, but something was off about that response.

Did the agent mistake AOR for AIP? Tactic for calming us down? How can we get any information from CIC phone assistance if only I have a UCI and he hasn't received any emails/letters/etc from CIC in three months? I've tried to get through to an agent 20 times today, and only once managed to get into the waiting line for the actual call, waiting for 30 minutes. And now I am still not one bit closer to finding out what happened to my application.
as stated previously, do not rely on call centre for anything. You could end up fighting with CIC for 5 years like me and others :-\