London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-09-2021
Passport Req..
03-03-2022
LANDED..........
25-08-2022
I have applied for PCC from within Canada through BLC. And I selected "immigration purpose other than citizenship " . Should I apply again?
Also my wife is going to apply for PCC from India. What option should she choose? Should our both PCC have same wordings?
doesnt matter, both select same option for uniformity. Both the options have worked as per the thread

Reactions: khush.sib

Anildhage

Star Member
Jul 7, 2020
Hyderabad, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
30-06-2020
Hello guys, I recently applied for a PCC, and got it today. However, I got the purpose on it as LONG TERM VISA/STAY for CANADA. What do you suggest? I realised the purpose should be as 'IMMIGRATION PURPOSES OTHER THAN CITIZENSHIP'.
So I spoke with the passport seva agent over the phone and she told that I need to walkin to the nearest PSK and address this issue. And she also mentioned that I cannot apply for another PCC until 6 months from the date I applied, however, requested me to visit the PSK. I will be going on Monday, however, if you guys have any help on this about.
Should I upload the same PCC which I received or shall I change the Purpose to the 'IMMIGRATION ...'?please help
thanks

Anildhage

Star Member
Jul 7, 2020
Hyderabad, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
30-06-2020
That's fine. Resident Permit option is good enough.
Hi Kumar,

I got my PCC today, but I had the purpose updated as LONG TERM VISA/STAY instead of the options that you and others are suggesting. I should have done my home work before applying. What do you suggest?

When I spoke to the PSK agent, she mentioned to visit the nearest PSK branch to discuss and also mentioned that I cannot re-apply for another PCC as one is valid for 6 months and I cannot re-apply for the same country within this period.

Luvcanada786

Jul 22, 2020
Hi Kumar,

I got my PCC today, but I had the purpose updated as LONG TERM VISA/STAY instead of the options that you and others are suggesting. I should have done my home work before applying. What do you suggest?

When I spoke to the PSK agent, she mentioned to visit the nearest PSK branch to discuss and also mentioned that I cannot re-apply for another PCC as one is valid for 6 months and I cannot re-apply for the same country within this period.
Can you tell me which purpose did you chose while applying for PCC and you got long term visa status?

saibindu81

Sep 24, 2020
Hi All,
After selecting Resident permit from the drop-down.. I see the fields for applicant details. Here I am primary applicant for PR and my spous applying for PCC. In this case , who is gonna be the applicant. Is it asking for PR applicant details or PCC applicant details

VinothAJ

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Got a query on the timelines for a PCC (Bangalore).

We (Spouse & I) got our PCC done in Feb hoping to get into the March draws before they suspended FSW. And we got the Certificate instantly after it was approved at Counter C at the Passport Seva Kendra and we took it home with us.

Now, I got my ITA last week and I thought I can get this done a couple of weeks before the ITA deadline but there are conversations in the Telegram groups that they dont do instant certificate anymore. Apparently, its gonna take at least a couple of weeks and sometimes upto a month. There might be even police verification, or we would be required to go the nearest Police station.

That has really got us confused cos why would the process change in the last 6 months especially when nothing really was going on. So I just wanted to understand if anyone got it done recently and the timeframe around the process. Any inputs/tips are really appreciated!

roshani5211

Dec 24, 2020
Hi,

After selecting in Canada PR Express Entry draw, I want to apply for PCC but in my case, my passport address and my permanent resident address are different as I didn't change my passport after my marriage. So what address should I add to the address field? or I have to enter both the address by selecting the "Is your present address is different from the permanent address" option.

And what other documents are needed to prove if the passport is not changed after marriage? My spouse will also come with me.

GS0

Apr 7, 2021
Hi Kumar,

Hi Anil

What was the outcome?

I also selected Long term visa\stay and applied for PR recently. Now I am also confused as I booking it for someone else.

Thanks,

karishma90

Sep 7, 2020
When filling the application form online for Police Clearance Certificate using Indian Passport website, there's a dropdown which asks,

"Purpose for which PCC is required"

The options are,
1) Citizenship/Nationality application
2) Education/Research
3) Employment Visa/Work Permit
4) Immigration Purposes Other than Citizenship
5) Long term Visa/Stay
6) Residence Permit
7) Tourist Visa

Which one to select for purpose of Canada PR?
@legalfalcon @legalfalconindia hi please advise if i selected "Immigration Purposes Other than Citizenship" is this okay or should i change it to "Residence Permit". i already booked an appointment but if i need to change to resident permit would need to fill the form again. your advise would really help me decide

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon @legalfalconindia hi please advise if i selected "Immigration Purposes Other than Citizenship" is this okay or should i change it to "Residence Permit". i already booked an appointment but if i need to change to resident permit would need to fill the form again. your advise would really help me decide
You selected the right option.

athomsonk

Apr 18, 2023
Hi Kumar,

Hi Anil, was it approved? I also have it updated as long term visa/ stay so I'm confused.

divyanshu1221

Dec 7, 2023
Hi Everyone,

I filed my pcc application with the purpose of work visa/ employment. Will this work or should I file a new one?