+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What to fill in Purpose for which PCC is required field

kumarchandrasen

Jan 9, 2019
When filling the application form online for Police Clearance Certificate using Indian Passport website, there's a dropdown which asks,

"Purpose for which PCC is required"

The options are,
1) Citizenship/Nationality application
2) Education/Research
3) Employment Visa/Work Permit
4) Immigration Purposes Other than Citizenship
5) Long term Visa/Stay
6) Residence Permit
7) Tourist Visa

Which one to select for purpose of Canada PR?

Reactions: astraldust

RISHIFERRARI20

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
Looking for some assistance here guys !!
I got my PCC from Passport Seva Kendra, Bangalore. To me, both "Immigration Purposes Other than Citizenship" and "Residence Permit" are okay. I chose "Immigration Purposes Other than Citizenship" when filling up and paying online. But at the PSK, the lady at counter A said that for Canada PR, choose "Residence Permit". She changed it herself in the system. And the letter I received specifically mentions clearance for CANADA. So choose one of these.

Reactions: Nouvel Espoir

kumarchandrasen

Jan 9, 2019
Actually I choose "Immigration Purposes Other than Citizenship" while applying but when the PCC came out printed, it had this statement that I would not have wanted to have. It does not look supportive of the fact that my country wants me to move to Canada :)

"It is certified that there is no adverse information against [Applicant' Name] holder of Passport No. [Passport Number] issued at [Place] on [date] which would render him or her ineligible for IMMIGRATION PURPOSE OTHER THAN CITIZENSHIP of CANADA."

I am thinking to apply again with Residence Permit option.

RISHIFERRARI20

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
Yes, I just replied on another thread. Depending on the choice from the drop down, the wording on the letter changes. Although, to be honest, the wording you got does not look wrong to me. It may be slightly confusing, but the purpose IS accurate.

Reactions: Teenkatigda

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
Residence Permit and Immigration purpose both work just fine. I have seen people with both of these words immigrate and get their PR's just fine. So chill guys. But anything outside of these 2 is not acceptable.

mithu

Aug 7, 2019
Hi,

I selected Immigration Purposes Other than Citizenship and i got the letter that says ""It is certified that there is no adverse information against [Applicant' Name] holder of Passport No. [Passport Number] issued at [Place] on [date] which would render him or her ineligible for IMMIGRATION PURPOSE OTHER THAN CITIZENSHIP of CANADA."

Should i apply again by selecting Residence Permit?

Please advice.

mithu

Aug 7, 2019
Actually I choose "Immigration Purposes Other than Citizenship" while applying but when the PCC came out printed, it had this statement that I would not have wanted to have. It does not look supportive of the fact that my country wants me to move to Canada :)

"It is certified that there is no adverse information against [Applicant' Name] holder of Passport No. [Passport Number] issued at [Place] on [date] which would render him or her ineligible for IMMIGRATION PURPOSE OTHER THAN CITIZENSHIP of CANADA."

I am thinking to apply again with Residence Permit option.
Did you re-apply? Or submitted this letter?

minecraftwonderness

Star Member
Dec 24, 2018
Any updates on this please. My parents got their PCC and it mentions resident permit instead of immigration purposes other than citizenship.

I have sponsored them under family class sponsorship, parents grandparents 2018. Any advice would be great.

Sanjay Sridhar

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Hi All,
Planning to apply for PCC in Bangalore. As other’s have asked I have the same question. Should I choose “Immigration purposes other than Citizenship” or “Residence permit”..??

Thanks,
Sanjay

kumarchandrasen

Jan 9, 2019
Hi All,
Planning to apply for PCC in Bangalore. As other’s have asked I have the same question. Should I choose “Immigration purposes other than Citizenship” or “Residence permit”..??

Thanks,
Sanjay
Both option are correct if you are applying for a PR. But go with the Residence Permit as it worked for me.