+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is background check means

ahmad jameel

Feb 6, 2020
@dpenabill, @caipsnotes I found your insights really grateful. I wanted to know if this works similarly in the case of Study Permit as well? I have my background check passed (informed by call agent), medical passed, and waiting on eligibility only. What exactly comes under that?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
@dpenabill, @caipsnotes I found your insights really grateful. I wanted to know if this works similarly in the case of Study Permit as well? I have my background check passed (informed by call agent), medical passed, and waiting on eligibility only. What exactly comes under that?
Sorry, I do not have much to offer in this regard, except to note this part of the forum is about applying for citizenship. There is a separate group of topics for temporary resident status applications and, I assume, there should be specific topics about study permit applications.

Note: in addition to NOT being an expert in any sense, I am not very familiar with temporary resident status applications.

My observations in this topic are about background checks, both formal clearances and general background screening, which probably apply more broadly than just in citizenship application processing. But certain details can and likely do differ.

Reactions: ahmad jameel

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
The process as outlined by IRCC is here. What was the full web form response?

We’ll:

• review your application to make sure it’s complete
  • once you pay the biometrics fee, send you a letter that tells you how to give your biometrics (if applicable)
  • receive and review your biometrics after you gave them at a collection point (if applicable)
  • decide if you’re allowed to come to or stay in Canada (we could do a background check)
  • decide if you’re eligible to apply to work, study or visit Canada
  • tell you how to get a medical exam (if you need one)
  • decide if you need to go to an interview
  • tell you of the decision we make on your application
If you applied online, we’ll contact you through your account.

If you applied on paper, we’ll contact you using the information you gave us.

ahmad jameel

Feb 6, 2020
The process as outlined by IRCC is here. What was the full web form response?

We’ll:

• review your application to make sure it’s complete
  • once you pay the biometrics fee, send you a letter that tells you how to give your biometrics (if applicable)
  • receive and review your biometrics after you gave them at a collection point (if applicable)
  • decide if you’re allowed to come to or stay in Canada (we could do a background check)
  • decide if you’re eligible to apply to work, study or visit Canada
  • tell you how to get a medical exam (if you need one)
  • decide if you need to go to an interview
  • tell you of the decision we make on your application
If you applied online, we’ll contact you through your account.

If you applied on paper, we’ll contact you using the information you gave us.
I didn't get any response from webform. I called and agent told me that your background check has passed and eligibility is in review. A visa officer will inform you if there's any update.

My medical had already passed (in portal). What I'm wondering is where I stand currently and what's left?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
I didn't get any response from webform. I called and agent told me that your background check has passed and eligibility is in review. A visa officer will inform you if there's any update.

My medical had already passed (in portal). What I'm wondering is where I stand currently and what's left?
Are you in Canada? If so request your Gcms Notes and you can do so for free to know the exact status. Based on the response your Eligibility has not passed as yet.

Jonnipher2018

Nov 22, 2018
Background check is done by processing application where your education and experience credentials are from - this task verifies your claims and authenticity of documents.

Security check is done by Canadian intelligence and security agencies, with or without cooperation of proper authorities in countries you lived/stayed in, and it is done completely independently from IRCC - IRCC only gets result, which will be positive or negative, without any explanation (as it is classified). This task looks deep into your life(LinkedIn Facebook), activities and associations to find out if you are/were involved or are/were associated in any way with anyone who is/was involved in espionage, terrorism, organized crime, radical movements, crimes against humanity, war crimes, etc..

Criminal check looks into your police certificates and verifies with relevant countries to see if you have a criminal record that may make you inadmissible to Canada.
Hi.. i have a few question for you, if the police clearance check is completed what is the next step? the ircc agent in manila message me says, WE ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPT OF YOUR POLICE CLEARANCE.. what does it mean? have they finished checking my Police Clearance? Thank You.

GOD BLESS US ALL

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Hi.. i have a few question for you, if the police clearance check is completed what is the next step? the ircc agent in manila message me says, WE ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPT OF YOUR POLICE CLEARANCE.. what does it mean? have they finished checking my Police Clearance? Thank You.

GOD BLESS US ALL
It simply means that they got copy of your PCC from manila ....

Tieno

Apr 18, 2020
Please I wish to ask how long it takes to get the visa after a background check for family class sponsorship

O'canada

Oct 21, 2020
How much time it takes to complete Background checks, security checks once your ECAS status shows in process ??