+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What does Eligibility mean for Spousal Sponsorship in the Application Tracker and more...

Hkmous

Oct 26, 2022
We got a ghost update on May 24th. No material changes in the application tracker unfortunately:

Biometrics --> Received
Medical Exam --> Completed
Eligibility --> Not Started
Background Verification --> Not Started
Any news?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Sadly, not yet. It's still stuck at the same update as before. We don't know what's going on. This is taking forever
You haven’t even reached the one year mark and most applications are taking over a year at the moment. Unfortunately all you can do is be patient.

JaneAnne

Nov 22, 2022
Same for me. I applied october 2021

Still stuck at eligibilty in progress and background check in progress
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me too,,,, I applied Jan,2022
Still stuck at eligibility reviewing and processing your background. The patience has been killed.

Reactions: tanda04

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just an update for anyone who might wanna know, I’ll update our application status here as we progress. My wife’s medical results are all in excellent conditions too.

As of April 26th, our Application Tracker says:

Biometrics --> Received
Eligibility --> Not Started
Background Verification --> Not Started
Seems odd that the Eligibility phase is listed as being post biometrics and medical.

Unless things have changed, the first stage approval is the sponsor being approved to sponsor (duh, since without that the PA is toast). Once the sponsor has been approved, the PA is immediately `eligible' to apply for PR. Then, when the PA has been approved in principle (AIP) the medical, criminality, etc. is checked. Here's how it looked before:
http://overseastudent.ca/migratetocanada/IMMGuide/CICManual/ip/ip08-eng.pdf

See the flowchart on page 43 that clearly shows (or at least showed) `Eligibility' is/was before `Check'. Those steps happen in Step TWO: Admissibility Check.

tanda04

Apr 23, 2022
[
Seems odd that the Eligibility phase is listed as being post biometrics and medical.

Unless things have changed, the first stage approval is the sponsor being approved to sponsor (duh, since without that the PA is toast). Once the sponsor has been approved, the PA is immediately `eligible' to apply for PR. Then, when the PA has been approved in principle (AIP) the medical, criminality, etc. is checked. Here's how it looked before:
http://overseastudent.ca/migratetocanada/IMMGuide/CICManual/ip/ip08-eng.pdf

See the flowchart on page 43 that clearly shows (or at least showed) `Eligibility' is/was before `Check'. Those steps happen in Step TWO: Admissibility Check
I am the sponsor and I have been approved already (I wrote in a reply before). I think this means eligibility of PA i.e. my wife.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
[

I am the sponsor and I have been approved already (I wrote in a reply before). I think this means eligibility of PA i.e. my wife.
Yes. You are the first stage approval. The PA (your wife) should be eligible even before the medical and background checks are complete, which is why `Eligibility: --> Not Started' seems odd.

Reactions: SKGUG

tanda04

Apr 23, 2022
Yes. You are the first stage approval. The PA (your wife) should be eligible even before the medical and background checks are complete, which is why `Eligibility: --> Not Started' seems odd.
Hmm... then I have no clue what's going on.

PanzerPow

Dec 10, 2022
I felt your pain since I am currently go through the same processes as you. I believe your Eligibility and Background will be completed anytime soon. I submitted the application online through a law firm on Dec 15 2021. As Dec 2 2022, the Eligibility and Background are completed and I still don't know what it means!

Can someone please tell me what all this statuses mean?

Biometrics --> Received
Eligibility --> Completed
Background Verification --> Completed

Application Status -> In progress

Last edited:

KrishnaManohar

Feb 27, 2013
Ontario
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2017
AOR Received.
16-01-2017
Med's Done....
13-01-2017
Same for me. I applied october 2021

Still stuck at eligibilty in progress and background check in progress
same with me. Applied in October 2021. Eligibility under review and background in progress

tanda04

Apr 23, 2022
Any news?
I have an update.

As of February 22nd, our Application Tracker says:
  • Biometrics --> Completed
  • Medical Exam --> Completed
  • Eligibility --> Completed
  • Background Verification --> Completed

However, my wife received another medical exam request (even though this one doesn’t expire until April end). They have also requested another Police Background check from her country (as of recent) as well as another country where she studied for her second master's degree (but she was never physically there in that country).

We will write a letter explaining that her second master's degree was obtained via Online Learning and that she never stayed in any country besides her own for over 6 months. We will send them an updated Police Background check from her own country as well. My wife will also resubmit a new medical exam as well just in case.

I think we are at the finish line, hopefully. Praying for everyone else here to reunite with their families as soon as possible! I'll update here soon when she receives any other updates.

Angel.11

Sep 10, 2022
I have an update.

As of February 22nd, our Application Tracker says:
  • Biometrics --> Completed
  • Medical Exam --> Completed
  • Eligibility --> Completed
  • Background Verification --> Completed

However, my wife received another medical exam request (even though this one doesn’t expire until April end). They have also requested another Police Background check from her country (as of recent) as well as another country where she studied for her second master's degree (but she was never physically there in that country).

We will write a letter explaining that her second master's degree was obtained via Online Learning and that she never stayed in any country besides her own for over 6 months. We will send them an updated Police Background check from her own country as well. My wife will also resubmit a new medical exam as well just in case.

I think we are at the finish line, hopefully. Praying for everyone else here to reunite with their families as soon as possible! I'll update here soon when she receives any other updates.
Hopefully PPR very soon!! May I ask you if it went directly from not started to completed?

Reactions: tanda04