+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What does Eligibility mean for Spousal Sponsorship in the Application Tracker and more...

mihirkumar patel

Star Member
Sep 27, 2017
In that case, what does it mean to process the principal applicant’s eligibility for spousal sponsorship application? Is it to check whether she really is my wife by checking marriage records and whatnot. I couldn’t find any information about eligibility requirements for principal applicants, only found details about sponsor’s eligibility in the IRCC websites.

I know that background verification entails checking for her criminal background history (if any but there isn’t any) but what does eligibility for the principal applicant mean?
did you get approval?

tanda04

Apr 23, 2022
I have an update.

Our Application Tracker has been updated with the new Medical Exam (second one) as of March 07, 2023. As of of April 21, 2023, we also have the COPR number updated on our Application Tracker but we haven't received any mail or email message regarding the COPR yet (coming very soon now that we can see it has been issued).
  • Immigration medical exam (IME), Expiry date: Mar 06, 2024 (NEW)
  • Confirmation of Permanent Residency (COPR), Expiry date: Mar 06, 2024 (NEW)
  • Biometrics --> Completed
  • Medical Exam --> Completed
  • Eligibility --> Completed
  • Background Verification --> Completed

I have an update.

As of February 22nd, our Application Tracker says:

However, my wife received another medical exam request (even though this one doesn’t expire until April end). They have also requested another Police Background check from her country (as of recent) as well as another country where she studied for her second master's degree (but she was never physically there in that country).

We will write a letter explaining that her second master's degree was obtained via Online Learning and that she never stayed in any country besides her own for over 6 months. We will send them an updated Police Background check from her own country as well. My wife will also resubmit a new medical exam as well just in case.

I think we are at the finish line, hopefully. Praying for everyone else here to reunite with their families as soon as possible! I'll update here soon when she receives any other updates.

miel02

Apr 22, 2023
I have an update.

Our Application Tracker has been updated with the new Medical Exam (second one) as of March 07, 2023. As of of April 21, 2023, we also have the COPR number updated on our Application Tracker but we haven't received any mail or email message regarding the COPR yet (coming very soon now that we can see it has been issued).
  • Immigration medical exam (IME), Expiry date: Mar 06, 2024 (NEW)
  • Confirmation of Permanent Residency (COPR), Expiry date: Mar 06, 2024 (NEW)
Any update? Do you receive COPR?