+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What are the restrictions and conditions after getting Provincial Nomination?

Priyansh

Aug 9, 2016
Hello,

What is an average waiting time for PR through PNP program? Which province will be good to apply and quickest?

Heard that Quebec takes around 3 years? is it true? I will apply under 2171 NOC and currently with CRS 391 points in the express entry pool.

Please suggest

Thanks

ashuindian

VIP Member
Jan 5, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
4Jan16
Nomination.....
01Jun16
AOR Received.
17Jan17
File Transfer...
09 Feb17
Med's Request
08 Jun17
Med's Done....
13 Jun17
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2018
Priyansh said:
Hello,

What is an average waiting time for PR through PNP program? Which province will be good to apply and quickest?

Heard that Quebec takes around 3 years? is it true? I will apply under 2171 NOC and currently with CRS 391 points in the express entry pool.

Please suggest

Thanks
SINP is the best.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
See my signature

Lakesyde

Nov 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Accra VO
NOC Code......
XX17
App. Filed.......
XX-03-2014 (MPNP)
Nomination.....
XX-08-2015
AOR Received.
XX-01-2016
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
XX-06-2017
Med's Done....
XX-06-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
XX--07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
XX--08-2017
LANDED..........
28-09-2017
Priyansh said:
Hello,

Please suggest

Thanks
-Waiting time for PR? u mean after nomination by province? Then its 15 months for paper and 6 months for EE.

-SINP followed by MPNP.

Supersaver

Jul 5, 2016
Hello All,

In case of Express Entry -Province Nomination Program- Is there any restriction to stay in that province for long duration like 2 years or so ? What is exact duration? Is there any legacy bonding to stay there ?
If we does not stay there , is there any impact on getting citizenship in future?

Please clarify these queries as I am really confused.

Thanks

Pascal.H

May 26, 2015
Laval
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
29-12-2016
Med's Request
19-01-2017
Passport Req..
05-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2017
LANDED..........
21-08-2017
Supersaver said:
Hello All,

In case of Express Entry -Province Nomination Program- Is there any restriction to stay in that province for long duration like 2 years or so ? What is exact duration? Is there any legacy bonding to stay there ?
If we does not stay there , is there any impact on getting citizenship in future?

Please clarify these queries as I am really confused.

Thanks
Anyone gained PR by Provincial Nomination Program (PNP) may reside anywhere they want in Canada, not only the nominated province. Any restriction to residency is unconstitutional. Charter of Rights and Freedoms Sec. 6 (2)

Canaraj4

Oct 5, 2016
Can someone clarify please-

related query to the above one,

I received SINP (OID) nomination letter (as)with additional information to nominee...

"You have indicated family tie to other Canadian jurisdiction than Saskatchewan........by accepting this nomination, you reaffirm that you genuinely intend to land, reside and work in Saskatchewan"..

when submitting I have indicated that my sister from other province in Canada.

does it anything mean that I should only land and only work in Saskatchewan? OR I can work anywhere in Canada?
please share your thoughts or experience in this regard

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canaraj4 said:
Can someone clarify please-

related query to the above one,

I received SINP (OID) nomination letter (as)with additional information to nominee...

"You have indicated family tie to other Canadian jurisdiction than Saskatchewan........by accepting this nomination, you reaffirm that you genuinely intend to land, reside and work in Saskatchewan"..

when submitting I have indicated that my sister from other province in Canada.

does it anything mean that I should only land and only work in Saskatchewan? OR I can work anywhere in Canada?
please share your thoughts or experience in this regard
As a PNP nominee, it should be your intention to land, reside and work in SK. This should be true when you apply and when you land. You should never state any other plan or intention to immigration than that you are planning on working and living in SK.

However, once you have landed as a PR, you do have the right to live and work in another province if you so choose.

Canaraj4

Oct 5, 2016
Thanks for quick response.

I am applying from outside of Canada, not inland.
Now I am applying to CIC with SINP nomination confirmation letter to get a PR.

you mean after receiving PR,
can I directly land any where in Canada that I am interested in and chose to work.
OR
do I need to first land in Saskatchewan, stay and chose to work anywhere in Canada?

clarify pls.

thanks,

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canaraj4 said:

can I directly land any where in Canada that I am interested in and chose to work.
OR
do I need to first land in Saskatchewan, stay and chose to work anywhere in Canada?

clarify pls.

thanks,
As a PR, after you have landed, you have the right to live and work anywhere in Canada. However, you are applying through a program that is making you promise that your intent (your plan) is to live and work in SK. Lying to immigration is considered misrepresentation. Misrepresentation can get your PR revoked.

That's why it is important that you do not show it in your history that you are not serious about living in SK. During your application process, it is your plan to live and work in SK. When you land, you should either land in SK or land with a transfer ticket taking you to SK and you should give an SK address for your PR card. If you do not have an SK address, then you should not give an address when you land but provide one later, once you have an SK address to give them.

If the immigration officer believes that you are not going to SK when you land, they can refuse you to land and send you to your PNP office to clear things up with them.

I would recommend that you keep your word and make a attempt to settle in SK and only move if it doesn't work out. At least give it a try for a few months. Immigration is currently not going after people who leave their PNP province after landing but if they ever do, the first people they go after will be the people who left right away because it would be easy to prove misrepresentation against them.

For example, if your history shows that you landed in SK or with a transfer ticket taking you to SK, you then arranged a UPS address in SK for your PR card and then left SK right away and started working in another province, it is obvious that it was not your intention to live and work in SK when you landed. However, if you stayed in SK for at least a few months, they can not prove that it was your intention to leave when you landed because you can say that you tried to settle but could not find work.

Reactions: Wandering Mind

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Canaraj4 said:

OR

clarify pls.

thanks,
You have to land and meet CBSA officer at the first port you've reach Canada, but you have show intention to settle in SK to him/her.

E.g. You can board a plane and reaches Vancouver, you will then proceed to CBSA office and land at vancouver airport. Then CBSA asks you where you are settling in, and you show him a flight to Saskatoon and a rental agreement or hotel appoint when you arrive there.

But after the CBSA people signs off CoPr and releases you, you have all the right to move anywhere in Canada.

Canaraj4

Oct 5, 2016
Dear friends,
I am applying docs/proofs for CIC, sinp-oid nomination already recd.
One of my proof of funds FD date is matured 3 days ago and same date is reflected on FD proof and on bank letter head as well.

Can someone clarify me please, any issue with this proof?
Thanks

RAJE

Star Member
Mar 12, 2012
Visa Office......
CIO-sydney
App. Filed.......
25-06-2015
Doc's Request.
17-03-2016
Nomination.....
01-06-2015
AOR Received.
10-09-2015
Passport Req..
23 sept 2016
LANDED..........
22-10-2016
Hello everyone,
I landed for my PR (through PNP )on October 22, 2016 in Edmonton, Alberta. I was in a long distance relationship at that time with my boyfriend who was living in ontario. I left Alberta in December 2016 and went back home to get married (to my then boyfriend) and then came back to ontario to live with him. My husband is on his work permit and works in ontario
I am planning to apply for spouse sponsorship.
My question is I only lived 2 months after I became PR in Alberta(through PNP) Will that be a problem if i sponser my spouse now? Will IRCC question me why I did not stay in Alberta And moved to ontario? Can they reject application because of this saying I never intended to stay in Alberta? Also can they revoke my PR ?
Please reply ASAP. Thanks!

kaus0011

Dec 18, 2015
Hello everyone,
I landed for my PR (through PNP )on October 22, 2016 in Edmonton, Alberta. I was in a long distance relationship at that time with my boyfriend who was living in ontario. I left Alberta in December 2016 and went back home to get married (to my then boyfriend) and then came back to ontario to live with him. My husband is on his work permit and works in ontario
I am planning to apply for spouse sponsorship.
My question is I only lived 2 months after I became PR in Alberta(through PNP) Will that be a problem if i sponser my spouse now? Will IRCC question me why I did not stay in Alberta And moved to ontario? Can they reject application because of this saying I never intended to stay in Alberta? Also can they revoke my PR ?
Please reply ASAP. Thanks!
Please read below from Wiki.:-
Canada
The Constitution of Canada contains mobility rights expressly in section 6 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. The rights specified include the right of citizens to leave and enter the country and the right of both citizens and permanent residents to move within its boundaries. However, the subsections protect poorer regions' affirmative action programs that favour residents who have lived in the region for longer. Section 6 mobility rights are among the select rights that cannot be limited by the Charter's notwithstanding clause.

Canada's Social Union Framework Agreement, an agreement between governments made in 1999, affirms that "All governments believe that the freedom of movement of Canadians to pursue opportunities anywhere in Canada is an essential element of Canadian citizenship." In the Agreement, it is pledged that "Governments will ensure that no new barriers to mobility are created in new social policy initiatives."[19].

Mohsinqadeer

Jun 12, 2017
1- for PNP, or for Express Entry if we will have a confirmed job offer do we need to show bank statement for funds availability? or we will get an exemption for this?
2- is there any province in which we can apply for PNP without submitting bank statement or need not provide Funds details in the application process?