+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What are the restrictions and conditions after getting Provincial Nomination?

priyatarun

Jan 23, 2016
What could be the consequences if someone with Canada PR (obtained via NSNP) move out of Toronto due to better job prospects in other provinces?

Sarah-cl

Jun 15, 2017
Hi everyone
I just got my nomination for Nova Scotia, and they give me a letter requesting a work permit for 2 years, but I am not sure what I have to do next to get this work permit, I only now that my boss need to pay 230cad and I need to pay 155cad. Anyone did this before, can someone explain me what I have to do next.

Thank you.
Sara

Shalinpandit

Star Member
Apr 21, 2017
Hi Everyone,
Can you please suggest...can we move to canada post BCPNP approval basis work visa till the the PR application gets processed? or any other way to move to canada post applying and getting approval for PR?

IAN_84

Star Member
Sep 28, 2017
Hi,

I had my PR approved through SINP.

Kindly advise me on the following:

1. I'm waiting for my PR card to be mailed. I am currently staying at my bro's house in BC. Would they send my PR card in BC? This is the mailing address I have provided during landing.

Thank you.

IAN_84

Star Member
Sep 28, 2017
You have to land and meet CBSA officer at the first port you've reach Canada, but you have show intention to settle in SK to him/her.

E.g. You can board a plane and reaches Vancouver, you will then proceed to CBSA office and land at vancouver airport. Then CBSA asks you where you are settling in, and you show him a flight to Saskatoon and a rental agreement or hotel appoint when you arrive there.

But after the CBSA people signs off CoPr and releases you, you have all the right to move anywhere in Canada.

Hi,

Would this not post a problem when you renew your PR card or applied for Citizenship? Would they not see that you really didn't try to settle in the province that nominated you?

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Hi,

Would this not post a problem when you renew your PR card or applied for Citizenship? Would they not see that you really didn't try to settle in the province that nominated you?
No. They have no way to accuse you just by showing up in the wrong province

Problem comes when you show up in Vancouver with SINP nomination but a job offer in BC and house bought in Vancouver, for example.

IAN_84

Star Member
Sep 28, 2017
No. They have no way to accuse you just by showing up in the wrong province

Problem comes when you show up in Vancouver with SINP nomination but a job offer in BC and house bought in Vancouver, for example.

Hi,

I have my PR approved though SINP, but did my landing in Vancouver. I even gave my BC mailing address where they going to mail the PR card. So I guess there is no problem landing in a different province from your nomination (though haven't received my PR card yet, because of some photo issue, I need to resent). What worries me is if I didn't try to settle in SK, it might cause a problem in the future when I need to renew my PR or apply for Citizenship.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Hi,

I have my PR approved though SINP, but did my landing in Vancouver. I even gave my BC mailing address where they going to mail the PR card. So I guess there is no problem landing in a different province from your nomination (though haven't received my PR card yet, because of some photo issue, I need to resent). What worries me is if I didn't try to settle in SK, it might cause a problem in the future when I need to renew my PR or apply for Citizenship.
Well obviously you should at least try and stay in SK for a while and then move. Not just land and stay somewhere else. That would be misrepresentation and CIC and SINP have the right to revoke your PR.

Once you get your PR card, move to SK and try to find a job and settle there.

IAN_84

Star Member
Sep 28, 2017
Well obviously you should at least try and stay in SK for a while and then move. Not just land and stay somewhere else. That would be misrepresentation and CIC and SINP have the right to revoke your PR.

Once you get your PR card, move to SK and try to find a job and settle there.
That's what I was thinking too. At least try to find a job and settle there. Worst scenario that I can't find a job, at least they could see that I've tried. But is there any minimum number of years of stay before one can freely move elsewhere?

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
That's what I was thinking too. At least try to find a job and settle there. Worst scenario that I can't find a job, at least they could see that I've tried. But is there any minimum number of years of stay before one can freely move elsewhere?

Well some people say to stay for a least 12 months before moving. Just to show that you've tried to settle.

IAN_84

Star Member
Sep 28, 2017
Well some people say to stay for a least 12 months before moving. Just to show that you've tried to settle.
Thanks!.. Sometimes we think too far ahead of not able to settle, no employment, etc. But who knows, may be I like it there and settle there for good. Though it is still nice to have some options if things didn't work out.

I believe SK has lower tax, houses and cost of living is also good.

sheCAN

Star Member
Feb 5, 2017
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
24-07-2014
Nomination.....
23-02-2017
AOR Received.
27-06-2017
Med's Request
19-07-2017
Med's Done....
28-07-2017
Passport Req..
10-1-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-1-2018
LANDED..........
17-4-2018
more than 2 months after passing the medicals, no ppr yet :( is this normal?

sheCAN

Star Member
Feb 5, 2017
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
24-07-2014
Nomination.....
23-02-2017
AOR Received.
27-06-2017
Med's Request
19-07-2017
Med's Done....
28-07-2017
Passport Req..
10-1-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-1-2018
LANDED..........
17-4-2018
What is the status you can see in your Mycic account?
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. - almost 3 months now

IAN_84

Star Member
Sep 28, 2017
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. - almost 3 months now
Did you do your medical upfront? Or you were advised by IRCC to do the Medical? Are you on Express Entry, under PNP?