+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What are the restrictions and conditions after getting Provincial Nomination?

poissonmagique

Star Member
May 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Someone mentioned one possible denial reason is for 'intention not to settle in province that nominated you'.

Just need to address some concerns:

1. after one gets the provincial nomination, how will the canadian embassy know what ur actual or perceived intentions are?

2. what is the minimum amount of time u need to stay in that province, before u can consider moving to other provinces?

3. any exceptions to the rule? wat if I have a better job offer in another province? u mean to say I need to stay in the nominating province for a required time first?

4. upon getting my permanent resident visa, do I need to land in my nominating province, and not anywhere else?

5. any other restrictions, terms and conditions need to know about?

please explain in detail. thank you.

hotchick19

Jun 13, 2009
poissonmagique said:
Someone mentioned one possible denial reason is for 'intention not to settle in province that nominated you'.

1. after one gets the provincial nomination, how will the canadian embassy know what ur actual or perceived intentions are?

Answer 1: There is a landing process in which you will land in province and show the proof of funds and provide them your Albertan address at Port of Entry. That's how initially Govt will know where you are residing.

2. what is the minimum amount of time u need to stay in that province, before u can consider moving to other provinces?

As a provincial nominee, you are not required to show the funds But at port of entry as a single person, you are strongly advised to have proof of 10,833 CAD. Because there are lots of discretionery things.
3. any exceptions to the rule? wat if I have a better job offer in another province? u mean to say I need to stay in the nominating province for a required time first?

No exception so far because they are nominating only those who are needed by Alberta. They are not nominating talented Indian with 5 Degrees in Music and 2 Phd's in Home Science. Therefore not getting job is almost impossible.
4. upon getting my permanent resident visa, do I need to land in my nominating province, and not anywhere else?

Yes you need to.

No not much. Just be of good morale and character and pay the taxes so after 3 years you can be a Citizen. Thats' it.

As a permanent resident you can:

Do any or any number of Business, trade, commerce etc.
Do any job, any number of job, for any employer
Buy property, sale property, Buy & sale other kind of assets.
Get All kind of education and pay the tution which other canadians will pay
AT will you can serve certain jobs in Army, Navy and Air Force
Enjoy social and public health benefits so other canadians enjoy
Can sponsor family members/spouse/additional family members

Can not do while Permanent resident:

can't serve certain Govt and defense jobs which requires citizenship
can't vote in elections
can't stand in any Municipal, provincial or federal election.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
poissonmagique said:

1. You sign a form stating that you intend to settle in the province. If you land somewhere else, that may be taken as a sign that you don't intend to settle in that province.

2. There is no minimum amount of time. The Canada Charter of Rights and Freedoms says that any PR has the right to live and work anywhere in Canada. However, since you signed the form as per 1. it would be advisable to at least make an attempt to settle in the province that was nice enough to nominate you. That could be as little as staying there for a couple of months and looking for jobs. If you don't get a job, it should be ok to look elsewhere. In a worst case scenario, if you got PR through PNP and landed in that province and left after 1 day, making no attempt to settle there, there is a possibility that they would go after you for lying on your immigration forms when you said you were intending to settle in that province. As we all know, lying on your immigration forms is very bad and can cause the cancellation of your PR or even citizenship if you already got it. As far as I know, this has not happened to anybody. Could it have happened to somebody without me having heard about it, sure. Might it happen in the future, who knows.

3. See 2.

4. Yes, normally you do need to land in the province that nominated you. If you have some reason why you can't, contact their PNP and ask.

5. Not really.

Reactions: sheCAN

poissonmagique

Star Member
May 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thank u for replies. I have more concerns:

1. if u a Alberta provincial nominee, it is not possible to enter via Vancouver, BC, and then go to Alberta? if this happens, r u considered 'landed' in Vancouver, or can u just enter and stay in Vancouver for a while, and 'land' later when u take the trip to Alberta?

2. wat documents do u need to show to prove you exerted effort in looking for a job in your nominating province? or is the fact that u landed in that province enough?

3. will the canadian embassy know if you stayed in the nominating province for two months, or just two days? how will they know?

4. is there an interview that will be conducted in the canadian embassy after u get ur provincial nomination?

5. how many months does it normally take before u get permanent resident visa, after getting the provincial nomination?

6. also, is it true u need to be someone with extraordinary capabilities to be nominated by any province? why?

Leon said:
poissonmagique said:

1. You sign a form stating that you intend to settle in the province. If you land somewhere else, that may be taken as a sign that you don't intend to settle in that province.

2. There is no minimum amount of time. The Canada Charter of Rights and Freedoms says that any PR has the right to live and work anywhere in Canada. However, since you signed the form as per 1. it would be advisable to at least make an attempt to settle in the province that was nice enough to nominate you. That could be as little as staying there for a couple of months and looking for jobs. If you don't get a job, it should be ok to look elsewhere. In a worst case scenario, if you got PR through PNP and landed in that province and left after 1 day, making no attempt to settle there, there is a possibility that they would go after you for lying on your immigration forms when you said you were intending to settle in that province. As we all know, lying on your immigration forms is very bad and can cause the cancellation of your PR or even citizenship if you already got it. As far as I know, this has not happened to anybody. Could it have happened to somebody without me having heard about it, sure. Might it happen in the future, who knows.

3. See 2.

4. Yes, normally you do need to land in the province that nominated you. If you have some reason why you can't, contact their PNP and ask.

5. Not really.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
poissonmagique said:
thank u for replies. I have more concerns:

1. if u a Alberta provincial nominee, it is not possible to enter via Vancouver, BC, and then go to Alberta? if this happens, r u considered 'landed' in Vancouver, or can u just enter and stay in Vancouver for a while, and 'land' later when u take the trip to Alberta?

2. wat documents do u need to show to prove you exerted effort in looking for a job in your nominating province? or is the fact that u landed in that province enough?

3. will the canadian embassy know if you stayed in the nominating province for two months, or just two days? how will they know?

4. is there an interview that will be conducted in the canadian embassy after u get ur provincial nomination?

5. how many months does it normally take before u get permanent resident visa, after getting the provincial nomination?

6. also, is it true u need to be someone with extraordinary capabilities to be nominated by any province? why?
1. If you fly into the Vancouver airport, that is where you enter Canada so that is where you land. Your flight from Vancouver to Alberta would be a domestic flight. If your only option of flight is flying in to Vancouver, you need to ask the AINP if that is ok with them.

2. You may never need to show any evidence of having looked for a job in the province but you need to think about what are you going to do if somebody were to ask you. The possibility is there that they will start going after people who get nominated and never settle in the province. If somebody ever comes back to you and tells you that you signed this document that you intended to settle in the province and what happened, you need to know how you will answer that question. If it was me, I would keep a record of all jobs I had applied for to have something in hand to try to show that I did attempt to settle as well as you can keep records of having been in the province for a couple of months, you rented a room or an apartment, you opened a bank account there, you applied for health care and SIN card, you had a phone etc. etc.

3. I do not know how well agencies are connected but if you plan to work somewhere and file taxes, some part of the government will know where you live. There is also the possibility if you have friends or family who knows about your situation and you have an argument with them, that they will rat you out.

4. After you are nominated and you apply for PR, I don't know if they call people for interview.

5. You can see times at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/04-provincial.asp

6. No, you just need to fit the requirements of the program you are applying for, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-who.asp Some PNP's have a family stream component or an investor/business component. Most of them have a skilled worker component and in most cases they require you to have a job offer for that. You can also get PNP if you are working in the province already on a temporary work permit. The business components are sometimes restricted to you successfully opening a business in the province in the next couple of years so if that is the case, you obviously have to stay in that province.

dominik-bcpnp

Star Member
Jan 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2013
Doc's Request.
26-05-2015
Nomination.....
28-02-2014
AOR Received.
03-11-2014
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
05-11-2014
Med's Done....
05-12-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2015/received by CPC on the 10th
VISA ISSUED...
IP on 26th of May 2015, DM on 24th of June 2015
LANDED..........
Inland applicant
Hi guys, I have a few, rather random, questions to ask, that I couldnt figure out myself trough checking the website.

1. I heard that it is possible to enter Canada on a PNP only, without getting a PR in my country of residence first. At least in some cases. If this is true, does it apply to the BC PNP strategic occupations part?

2. If possible to enter on a PNP, do I still need to go through medicals in my country of residence?

3. How much money do I have to bring and/or have available when apllying the PNP?

4. Do I have to provide evidence of my funds?If yes when? While applying PNP or PR or upon landing?

5. What is the appropiate fee for a family of three - two adults and a two year old?

6. Can I apply for a work permit for my wife once i got the PNP?

7. Which personal documents do I/we have to provide with the application (birth certificate/passport/marriage certificate)? No information about this matter is given in the PNP checklist or anywhere else on their website.

Regards, Dom

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The requirements depend on the immigration class. If you look at BC strategic occupations at http://www.welcomebc.ca/wbc/immigration/come/work/about/strategic_occupations/index.page you see there are many underclasses. Since you are not in Canada, I suppose we can rule out the graduate classes. That leaves skilled workers, designated health professionals and entry level/semi skilled. Say we look at their skilled workers at http://www.welcomebc.ca/wbc/immigration/come/work/about/strategic_occupations/skilled/who.page? you see you need a skilled occupations, qualifications and a job offer from an eligible employer. Do you have that?

If you do, you should first apply for your PNP nomination.

1. Once you have your nomination, you can use it in order to apply for a work permit for this job for yourself and an open work permit for your wife.

2. The PNP nomination allows you to apply for your PR. You will need to go through medicals for your PR application. It depends on your country if you will also need medicals to apply for the work permit.

3. If you are arriving on a job offer, immigration generally does not expect you to bring much in the way of funds. Just enough to secure an apartment and survive until your first pay check.

4. Whether you arrive on a work permit or with a PR visa, the immigration officer may ask you what you have in the way of funds. If you show up with absolutely nothing, they may not like it so you should look into how much it will cost you to rent an apartment, first and last months rent or first month and damage deposit and have enough money to eat for a month and buy a bus pass to get to work and a mattress to throw on the floor at least.

5. For the PR it is $550 for you and your wife each and 150 for the child so 1250 total. For a work permit, it is 150 each for you and your wife and 75 for a visit visa for your child so 375 total.

6. Yes, when you get the PNP nomination, you can apply for yours and hers.

7. For the PNP, just send what is in the check list. When it is time to apply for your PR and fill out your PR application, there will be another check list for that.

scorpio939

Sep 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO -> Manila VO
NOC Code......
1114:Other Financial Officers
App. Filed.......
08-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
22-Jun-2016
Nomination.....
01-Dec-2014
AOR Received.
13-JAN-2015
Med's Request
22-Jun-2016
Med's Done....
18-July-2016
Passport Req..
14-Dec-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2016
LANDED..........
13-APR-2017
# Just after landing in the province I gained PR via PNP, can I move to any other province for study (I intend to return later, after 2 yrs, on completion of my study)?

# I heard that, CIC has made PR processing faster then before. How long does it take now, for CIC to decide on a PNP application, after being nominated by the province?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scorpio939 said:
# Just after landing in the province I gained PR via PNP, can I move to any other province for study (I intend to return later, after 2 yrs, on completion of my study)?

# I heard that, CIC has made PR processing faster then before. How long does it take now, for CIC to decide on a PNP application, after being nominated by the province?
1. Grey area. The charter of rights and freedoms gives a PR the right to live and work in any province. However, the document you sign when you apply under PNP generally states that you intend to settle in your PNP province.

In some cases, landing PNP applicants have been told by IO's that they must stay in their PNP province for 3 years or until they get citizenship or even forever. There is no legal basis for these claims.

Currently, immigration is not going after people who leave their PNP province after landing. If they ever start to do that in the future, you can say that it was your intent when you landed and still your intent to settle there after you complete your studies. If you do, you shouldn't have any problems.

However, if you left right away to study in another province and after that found a job in that province and never went back, you may have a problem if they ever decide to go after people who left right away. They could conclude that it was never your intention to settle if you left right away and never came back and signing something that is not your intention is misrepresentation and could cause you to lose your PR.

2. You can look at CIC processing times here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/inFORMation/times/perm/provincial.asp

ZOB

Feb 20, 2014
hey guys! can anyone pls help me out? i applied for my pr on jan 20th with a closed work permit from my employer and i got my medical request on feb 20th and did the testing on march 4th. before i got my sinp nomination last year i went out of status and had to stop working. now i have a closed work permit and my employer has refused to take me back. I called cic and was told i can get another closed work permit but i have to get a job offer first. I have been applying for jobs and getting offers but once i tell them i cant start right away until i get a new work permit which takes about 21 days they rescind the offer! is this by any chance going to affect my pr application? if i explain this to cic will they be able to give me an open work permit? i would be glad if i can get some advice. thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ZOB said:
hey guys! can anyone pls help me out? i applied for my pr on jan 20th with a closed work permit from my employer and i got my medical request on feb 20th and did the testing on march 4th. before i got my sinp nomination last year i went out of status and had to stop working. now i have a closed work permit and my employer has refused to take me back. I called cic and was told i can get another closed work permit but i have to get a job offer first. I have been applying for jobs and getting offers but once i tell them i cant start right away until i get a new work permit which takes about 21 days they rescind the offer! is this by any chance going to affect my pr application? if i explain this to cic will they be able to give me an open work permit? i would be glad if i can get some advice. thanks
You are supposed to be able to get a work permit without an LMO if you are a PNP nominee. However, it seems with the 21 days processing time, that is already what you are trying to do.

There is a thing called an open bridging work permit but you can only get it if your current permit is 4 months or less away from expiring. You can find the link to that here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob485.asp

Mutair

Star Member
Oct 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have received PNP while in a different province.

Can you apply from your current address or do you have to move immediately to apply?

Mutair

Star Member
Oct 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mutair said:
I have received PNP while in a different province.

Can you apply from your current address or do you have to move immediately to apply?

anyone?