+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES with Madras University

syedmdsiraj5050

Jun 4, 2018
Bro plz help me whether ur DOC is attested by attestation officer or by someone else, in madras uni. and if u alraedy send ur DOC for ECA to WES whats the update by pl z help
Hi bro, the documents were attested by the attestation officer and i already sent them to WES. Now the status is in progress. I will update once the status changes.

syedmdsiraj5050

Jun 4, 2018
Hi All,

So here I am finally with all the updates.
Thanks to Anu first who gave detailed information.

Below are the steps which I followed.

1. Went to the University of Madras with my degree mark sheets and degree certificates original. I also had colour photocopies of them. The USAB office is located in this map link. https://goo.gl/maps/mPcg2LDCWBL2. Basically, when you enter via the main entrance, take right and go all the way to the end and ask for USAB office, its a small office. The person gave me the application form and DD attestation form.

2. Since they didn't accept the colour photocopies, I took B/W photocopies of all my degree certificates, passport as well for ID proof.

3. Went to the bank inside the campus (near the distance education department) and took DD in the name of Registrar, University of Madras. Dont worry about the consistency of the name. Just fill the DD form with "Registrar, University of Madras" and they will write in caps how it should appear officially. The price is Rs. 300 per document plus Rs.30 DD charges. So I had 9 documents including the WES application form and got a DD worth of Rs. 2,700. Take 2 copies of this DD also for your reference, sometimes you have to give this to them as well.

4. Go to DD endorsement center. ( a small booth where the person is just behind a window, hard to find but ask the workers there. the low paid workers are really helpful and kind in showing directions) Here you give the DD and get the DD endorsement form signed. They take the DD with them and only give you the DD endorsement form.

5. Now I had, All original documents (Degree cert, mark sheet and WES form), B/W photocopies of all the documents plus ID proof and the attested DD endorsement form. Went to the USAB office again and gave all these. He took everything and asked me to wait outside. He also asked me to buy the cloth cover from the post office which is just around the corner.

6. There is only one person who attests the documents, it is the attestation officer. OMG, these people know that the applicants are either looking to migrate or already working in a different country so they want more money. The officer called me in a lonely area and asked for Rs. 1,000 telling that my file is number 99th and he will make an exception and make it immediate if I pay him R. 1,000. I paid him the money and he attested all the documents within 20 minutes approx. They basically attest all the photocopies plus the WES form, put it inside the cloth cover, seal and sign the closing place of the envelope. Then seal the front side of the envelope as From address.

7. I then printed the labels from the WES website, stuck them on the cloth cover. Glued the envelope properly and sent via DHL. It took approximately 1 month and WES approved my application.

I reached the University on a Friday at 9am in the morning and was able to finish all this by 12.50pm. Just before their lunch time. After lunch time you will not find anyone and literally everyone goes for lunch and never comes back. So go in the morning and get all done before lunch time.

Thats all my friends. If you have any questions, please shoot.

ameliegopu

Star Member
Jul 30, 2018
I did the same process in University of Madras .. Wes status changed to "On Hold and sent for verification and wes is waiting for the response from university" and its being 3 weeks.. I contacted the university if they received any email or mail from wes and the university said it would take 3 weeks from them to receive the mail doc sent by wes and they told me to come after some days
Hi Arvinkumar, I am in same state right now and with Madras University. Can you please confirm if your WES is completed and did university respond on time? Thanks in advance..

ramschennai

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
I did the same process in University of Madras .. Wes status changed to "On Hold and sent for verification and wes is waiting for the response from university" and its being 3 weeks.. I contacted the university if they received any email or mail from wes and the university said it would take 3 weeks from them to receive the mail doc sent by wes and they told me to come after some days
Hi, My wife's evaluation is also stuck at a similar status. Is your verification complete now? Did you have to do contact Madras University to get it moving? If so, can you please share the details? Btw, it is over 2 weeks now sitting on the same status.

arvinkumar

Aug 11, 2018
Hi, My wife's evaluation is also stuck at a similar status. Is your verification complete now? Did you have to do contact Madras University to get it moving? If so, can you please share the details? Btw, it is over 2 weeks now sitting on the same status.
I waited for nearly a month. Wait until wes sends you mail to contact the University

ramschennai

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
For anyone getting the "On hold, sent for verification ...." to Madras University, I went to enquire what needs to be done. They kept sending me to multiple offices before ending up in the manual re-verification process - their they simply forced me to pay another 1000 fees as DD, give a covering letter, printout of WES email, stamped envelope for Canada speedpost and said will take around 25 days. I did all that only to learn none of that is required, waste of money and effort :(
University terminology for re-verification is ATTESTATION VERIFICATION. Speak in USAB and they will guide you, essentially it goes from Controller office then, somewhere else before finally response is sent to WES. These process are confidential and so don't expect university to answer any of our queries, which I think is fair. But just make sure you followup with the right person, which is USAB office and refer to them as "ATTESTATION VERIFICATION".

ameliegopu

Star Member
Jul 30, 2018
For anyone getting the "On hold, sent for verification ...." to Madras University, I went to enquire what needs to be done. They kept sending me to multiple offices before ending up in the manual re-verification process - their they simply forced me to pay another 1000 fees as DD, give a covering letter, printout of WES email, stamped envelope for Canada speedpost and said will take around 25 days. I did all that only to learn none of that is required, waste of money and effort :(
University terminology for re-verification is ATTESTATION VERIFICATION. Speak in USAB and they will guide you, essentially it goes from Controller office then, somewhere else before finally response is sent to WES. These process are confidential and so don't expect university to answer any of our queries, which I think is fair. But just make sure you followup with the right person, which is USAB office and refer to them as "ATTESTATION VERIFICATION".
Thanks, we are waiting for almost 8 weeks now since our application went to On-Hold. Do we have to pay anything from our end when Madras University does the attestation verification? I understand 1000Rs was not needed, is there anything that WES will request for paying again?
Also, wanted to know if the verifications are done for postal request or they verify the email request that comes from WES..

Thanks in advance..

ramschennai

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Thanks, we are waiting for almost 8 weeks now since our application went to On-Hold. Do we have to pay anything from our end when Madras University does the attestation verification? I understand 1000Rs was not needed, is there anything that WES will request for paying again?
Also, wanted to know if the verifications are done for postal request or they verify the email request that comes from WES..

Thanks in advance..
You don't have to pay, but unless someone really visits the university, things are less likely to progress.

Nov 30, 2018
Hello,

I have UG and PG degrees from Madras university, while my transcripts are from an autonomous college. My college has issued both my transcripts in 2 separate sealed envelopes. But Madras university has attested both degree certificates and given only one stamped envelope. Is this valid or should I have received 2 stamped envelopes from Madras University? Please confirm.

ameliegopu

Star Member
Jul 30, 2018
Hello,

I have UG and PG degrees from Madras university, while my transcripts are from an autonomous college. My college has issued both my transcripts in 2 separate sealed envelopes. But Madras university has attested both degree certificates and given only one stamped envelope. Is this valid or should I have received 2 stamped envelopes from Madras University? Please confirm.
We received single envelopes from Madras University and it is same Reference number @ WES.. i think this i not a problem..

Nov 30, 2018
We received single envelopes from Madras University and it is same Reference number @ WES.. i think this i not a problem..
Thankyou! Did you receive single envelope for 2 different degree documents? Transcript and degree attestation of the same degree is always put into one single envelope. My concern is what happens when there are 2 degrees to be attested without their transcripts. Does the university still consider them as 2 different sets? In that case I should have received 2 envelopes, but I did not. Kindly clarify.

GeorgeJoseph

Jul 22, 2009
Hi Ameliegopu - is your verification process completed now ? how many weeks did it take for university of madras to respond to WES ? may i please know the kind of followup's you did ? Please help me by answering these questions, it would help me in my followup's, etc ... Waiting process is really really painful ... i am totally stuck up between "University of Madras" and "WES".

Thank You Sir !

Last edited:

GeorgeJoseph

Jul 22, 2009
Hello,

Hi Archana - is there an "credential equivalency evaluation" service provider same as WES that you would recommend ? Please advise. Thank You !

Last edited: