+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES with Madras University

Adityakumaran

Star Member
Oct 23, 2017
Hi,

Anyone verified Under Graduate and Post Graduate degree from Madras University, Please help with below clarification.

1. I have applied for UG and PG transcript validation with WES. WES site displayed as waiting for Statement of Marks. Here my ask is, for UG and PG I don't have consolidated mark sheet however I have individual mark sheet for each year, this is how I received from my college or university.

Whether WES will always look for Consolidated mark sheet combining all 3yrs in one sheet or Madras University verify each year and respond to WES should be fine?

Please help me out if anyone came through same situation.

thanks to everyone.

Anu1117

Star Member
Nov 17, 2017
As far as I know, WES only needs your official transcripts i.e. all subjects and marks attested by your university in an official sealed and signed envelop, doesn't matter if it's consolidated or not.
Just get your semester mark sheets attested, but make sure it complies with WES rules.

syedmdsiraj5050

Jun 4, 2018
Hi, does the attestation has to be controller of examinations or an attestation officer is sufficient? Please advise, I am literally going through every thread here in the forum and didnt find any answer.

Anu1117

Star Member
Nov 17, 2017
Hi, does the attestation has to be controller of examinations or an attestation officer is sufficient? Please advise, I am literally going through every thread here in the forum and didnt find any answer.
If you are talking about university of madras, there is only one guy who attests that is the Registrar. I dont remember his title but no issues faced with WES. There is literally no one else who does this job in university so you should be fine if you get it from him.

syedmdsiraj5050

Jun 4, 2018
If you are talking about university of madras, there is only one guy who attests that is the Registrar. I dont remember his title but no issues faced with WES. There is literally no one else who does this job in university so you should be fine if you get it from him.
Thanks a mill Anu, I'll be going there in about 2 weeks. Hopefully should get it done ok.

Anu1117

Star Member
Nov 17, 2017
Thanks a mill Anu, I'll be going there in about 2 weeks. Hopefully should get it done ok.
Before you go following are docs you should take with u.
1. Xerox of mark sheets and degree (back to back) , full document should in xerox
2. original mark sheets and degree
3. if you need WES form attested take TC. BTW WES doesnt need the form , i spoke to them and was told its optional
4. cloth covers
5. DD RS.300 per attestation (meaning if u have 8 marksheet and 1 degree : 9*300) for WES form add another 300 if needed.

Note: if ur not going personally, send family with authorization letter and your passport xerox.

Basically what am saying is, take everything you possibly can. DO NOT go as per the document list mentioned in university website, its never enough for them.

They are extremely impolite and also one thing i noticed is nothing moves without a lil under the table exchange. Sad to say this but unfortunately its the truth.

syedmdsiraj5050

Jun 4, 2018
Before you go following are docs you should take with u.
1. Xerox of mark sheets and degree (back to back) , full document should in xerox
2. original mark sheets and degree
3. if you need WES form attested take TC. BTW WES doesnt need the form , i spoke to them and was told its optional
4. cloth covers
5. DD RS.300 per attestation (meaning if u have 8 marksheet and 1 degree : 9*300) for WES form add another 300 if needed.

Note: if ur not going personally, send family with authorization letter and your passport xerox.

Basically what am saying is, take everything you possibly can. DO NOT go as per the document list mentioned in university website, its never enough for them.

They are extremely impolite and also one thing i noticed is nothing moves without a lil under the table exchange. Sad to say this but unfortunately its the truth.
Thanks for the detailed info Anu. Appreciate it a lot!

I was planning to send my Dad to do it but I know there will be a lot of running around so Im planning to go there for a week to ensure all goes ok.

Yes, completely agree. I spoke to someone over the phone and so rude.

Sorry for all these questions.. did they put the docs in a University labelled envelope for you? Or just a normal one?
did you send to WES from Univ address or your personal address?

Thanks again.

Anu1117

Star Member
Nov 17, 2017
Thanks for the detailed info Anu. Appreciate it a lot!

I was planning to send my Dad to do it but I know there will be a lot of running around so Im planning to go there for a week to ensure all goes ok.

Yes, completely agree. I spoke to someone over the phone and so rude.

Sorry for all these questions.. did they put the docs in a University labelled envelope for you? Or just a normal one?
did you send to WES from Univ address or your personal address?

Thanks again.
Don't worry about the questions, we are here to help each other, am happy to answer if I can.

There is no university labelled envelope, they just attest and sign the cloth cover you take with you. better buy that near the university if the size is different they will send you back. Get 1 cloth cover for each set and 1 for your originals. take may be 1 more just to be safe.

Bank near university is almost always crowded, so if u can take from a bank nearest to you home. Rs. 300 per attestation.

Also, university doesn't send the documents. they will attest and give it to u. the envelope will be open so make sure u verify it and seal it (i.e with glue) before sending it to WES.

Am asking to verify because I have heard they missed to attest a page or two sometimes.

if the registrar is available , you might get the documents same day since you are taking originals.

Oh talking about registrar availability, this is not his job 100% of the time. he sometimes comes only for 1 hr and doesn't return for the rest since he gets busy with other stuff (tats what I have heard) . So be prepared for that as well.

Note: they will attest only one WES form, if in case u r taking multiple sets of transcripts.

syedmdsiraj5050

Jun 4, 2018
Don't worry about the questions, we are here to help each other, am happy to answer if I can.

There is no university labelled envelope, they just attest and sign the cloth cover you take with you. better buy that near the university if the size is different they will send you back. Get 1 cloth cover for each set and 1 for your originals. take may be 1 more just to be safe.

Bank near university is almost always crowded, so if u can take from a bank nearest to you home. Rs. 300 per attestation.

Also, university doesn't send the documents. they will attest and give it to u. the envelope will be open so make sure u verify it and seal it (i.e with glue) before sending it to WES.

Am asking to verify because I have heard they missed to attest a page or two sometimes.

if the registrar is available , you might get the documents same day since you are taking originals.

Oh talking about registrar availability, this is not his job 100% of the time. he sometimes comes only for 1 hr and doesn't return for the rest since he gets busy with other stuff (tats what I have heard) . So be prepared for that as well.

Note: they will attest only one WES form, if in case u r taking multiple sets of transcripts.
Thanks, Anu, you're brilliant! So, I will just run through the process,

1. Take DD for 300 rupees (times no of documents to be attested) in the name of Registrar of Examinations? is that right?
2. Fill up any university forms
2. Take originals and colour photocopies, back to back.
3. Take WES form signed (get it attested too)
4. Ask for a transcript? (do they provide this?)
5. Verify attestation on all documents and get sign and stamp and seal the cloth envelope. The envelope will contain all attested docs for WES.
6. Courier it to WES.

Anu1117

Star Member
Nov 17, 2017
REGISTRAR, University of Madras.
Thanks, Anu, you're brilliant! So, I will just run through the process,

1. Take DD for 300 rupees (times no of documents to be attested) in the name of Registrar of Examinations? is that right?
2. Fill up any university forms
2. Take originals and colour photocopies, back to back.
3. Take WES form signed (get it attested too)
4. Ask for a transcript? (do they provide this?)
5. Verify attestation on all documents and get sign and stamp and seal the cloth envelope. The envelope will contain all attested docs for WES.
6. Courier it to WES.
1. Yes, REGISTRAR, University of Madras.
2. Only for DD endorsement you need to fill form, stand on the line and get the DD endorsed. basically its like a receipt they give you proof that you have paid.
3. hmm, am not sure about color photocopies. May be take a black and white too just in case?
4. Yes (but you have to take DD for this too, and as I said earlier this is optional.)
5. There is no separate transcripts provided, they will seal and sign the photo copies you bring , put it in the cover you bring and attest the cover.
6. Yes, put this inside another postal cover, which is durable. The cloth covers are very delicate hence there is a huge chance it ll get ripped if you send it just like that .
You should mentioning WES number in the postal cover and write down WES number on top of the cloth cover too (the one you got from university).

syedmdsiraj5050

Jun 4, 2018
REGISTRAR, University of Madras.

1. Yes, REGISTRAR, University of Madras.
2. Only for DD endorsement you need to fill form, stand on the line and get the DD endorsed. basically its like a receipt they give you proof that you have paid.
3. hmm, am not sure about color photocopies. May be take a black and white too just in case?
4. Yes (but you have to take DD for this too, and as I said earlier this is optional.)
5. There is no separate transcripts provided, they will seal and sign the photo copies you bring , put it in the cover you bring and attest the cover.
6. Yes, put this inside another postal cover, which is durable. The cloth covers are very delicate hence there is a huge chance it ll get ripped if you send it just like that .
You should mentioning WES number in the postal cover and write down WES number on top of the cloth cover too (the one you got from university).
Great! Thanks, Anu. Once I've completed the process, I will try to come back and put an update here so others find it useful too.

arvinkumar

Aug 11, 2018
I did the same process in University of Madras .. Wes status changed to "On Hold and sent for verification and wes is waiting for the response from university" and its being 3 weeks.. I contacted the university if they received any email or mail from wes and the university said it would take 3 weeks from them to receive the mail doc sent by wes and they told me to come after some days

syedmdsiraj5050

Jun 4, 2018
I did the same process in University of Madras .. Wes status changed to "On Hold and sent for verification and wes is waiting for the response from university" and its being 3 weeks.. I contacted the university if they received any email or mail from wes and the university said it would take 3 weeks from them to receive the mail doc sent by wes and they told me to come after some days
Oh, this is annoying! Hopefully gets cleared properly.

pritpal85

Aug 23, 2018
Bro plz help me whether ur DOC is attested by attestation officer or by someone else, in madras uni. and if u alraedy send ur DOC for ECA to WES whats the update by pl z help