+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES with Madras University

GeorgeJoseph

Jul 22, 2009
Thanks, we are waiting for almost 8 weeks now since our application went to On-Hold. Do we have to pay anything from our end when Madras University does the attestation verification? I understand 1000Rs was not needed, is there anything that WES will request for paying again?
Also, wanted to know if the verifications are done for postal request or they verify the email request that comes from WES..

Thanks in advance..

Hi Ameliegopu, you are saying that there is no need for any fees to be paid to the "Madras University". But WES has sent me this statement in their email addressed to me ... "Your institution requires a fee in order to verify the authenticity of your credentials. Please send your payment directly to the institution. Do not send payment to WES. It will be returned to you."..............is it not needed ? should i need to ignore that email ? if the payment of 1000 rs per degree is not needed, then why is Madras University having this webpage ... http://www.unom.ac.in/online/ ... and ......http://www.unom.ac.in/online/verification.pdf.......? any clue ? please check that pdf file from that site....it is confusing ............i am scratching my head ........................please advise............waiting for your reply very anxiously.

GeorgeJoseph

Jul 22, 2009
You don't have to pay, but unless someone really visits the university, things are less likely to progress.
Good Morning Rams,

regarding the "Attestation Verification" process...my brother went to the "University of Madras" and approached both "Controller of Examinations" and the "USAB department". Both are saying that there is NO such process as "Re-Verification or Attestation Verification" and they are not aware or heard of such process at all...They are asking for the email box to which WES had sent that email, so that they can check and help me. Speaking to WES, they are saying that they won't reveal the email id that they communicate with "University of Madras" and it is highly confidential. Not sure, what to do now. Please advise me Sir. Appreciate your time and help.

My WES online status is right now, "on hold, waiting for verification from the University". Please advice. Thank You so much.

Thanks,
Geo

GeorgeJoseph

Jul 22, 2009
Good Morning Rams,

regarding the "Attestation Verification" process...my brother went to the "University of Madras" and approached both "Controller of Examinations" and the "USAB department". Both are saying that there is NO such process as "Re-Verification or Attestation Verification" and they are not aware or heard of such process at all...They are asking for the email box to which WES had sent that email, so that they can check and help me. Speaking to WES, they are saying that they won't reveal the email id that they communicate with "University of Madras" and it is highly confidential. Not sure, what to do now. Please advise me Sir. Appreciate your time and help.

My WES online status is right now, "on hold, waiting for verification from the University". Please advice. Thank You so much.

Thanks,
Geo
Hi Sir - Please help.

TCS156127

Jan 6, 2019
Chennai
My wife got attestation from 'University of Madras' for 1. UG Mark Sheet, 2. UG Degree Certificate 3. PG Degree certificate (all three in one single envelope) and,
4. PG Marksheet attested by Ethiraj women's college (in a separate sealed envelope).

Her UG documents were accepted by WES but the satus for her PG documents is now "Status: On hold, We are waiting for your institution(s) to verify your documents."

Now, she needs to contact University of madras for PG degree certificate verification and Ethiraj college for PG mark sheet verification???? But WES sent the below information.
-----------------------
Due to the increased incidence of fraud, WES conducts a secondary verification of documents. This is to advise you that WES has sent photocopies of your documents for verification both electronically and by standard postal mail to University of Madras. Your WES file is on hold until we receive a written response from this institution.

Your institution requires a fee in order to verify the authenticity of your credentials. Please send your payment directly to the institution. Do not send payment to WES. It will be returned to you.
--------------------------

Could anyone who has already gone thru this process confirm how can we proceed further? Thanks.

Last edited:

emnkay

Jan 19, 2019
Hi All,

I'm planning to use WES for canada immigration, but I see that WES has changed their policy(from December 1 2018) that the institutions themselves has to post the sealed envelopes!!

I've my bachelors from Madras University, can some one please assist how come a institution posts a sealed envelope abroad themselves?

Thanks In Advance

Rajdeep8

Feb 3, 2019
Hi All,

So here I am finally with all the updates.
Thanks to Anu first who gave detailed information.

Below are the steps which I followed.

1. Went to the University of Madras with my degree mark sheets and degree certificates original. I also had colour photocopies of them. The USAB office is located in this map link. https://goo.gl/maps/mPcg2LDCWBL2. Basically, when you enter via the main entrance, take right and go all the way to the end and ask for USAB office, its a small office. The person gave me the application form and DD attestation form.

2. Since they didn't accept the colour photocopies, I took B/W photocopies of all my degree certificates, passport as well for ID proof.

3. Went to the bank inside the campus (near the distance education department) and took DD in the name of Registrar, University of Madras. Dont worry about the consistency of the name. Just fill the DD form with "Registrar, University of Madras" and they will write in caps how it should appear officially. The price is Rs. 300 per document plus Rs.30 DD charges. So I had 9 documents including the WES application form and got a DD worth of Rs. 2,700. Take 2 copies of this DD also for your reference, sometimes you have to give this to them as well.

4. Go to DD endorsement center. ( a small booth where the person is just behind a window, hard to find but ask the workers there. the low paid workers are really helpful and kind in showing directions) Here you give the DD and get the DD endorsement form signed. They take the DD with them and only give you the DD endorsement form.

5. Now I had, All original documents (Degree cert, mark sheet and WES form), B/W photocopies of all the documents plus ID proof and the attested DD endorsement form. Went to the USAB office again and gave all these. He took everything and asked me to wait outside. He also asked me to buy the cloth cover from the post office which is just around the corner.

6. There is only one person who attests the documents, it is the attestation officer. OMG, these people know that the applicants are either looking to migrate or already working in a different country so they want more money. The officer called me in a lonely area and asked for Rs. 1,000 telling that my file is number 99th and he will make an exception and make it immediate if I pay him R. 1,000. I paid him the money and he attested all the documents within 20 minutes approx. They basically attest all the photocopies plus the WES form, put it inside the cloth cover, seal and sign the closing place of the envelope. Then seal the front side of the envelope as From address.

7. I then printed the labels from the WES website, stuck them on the cloth cover. Glued the envelope properly and sent via DHL. It took approximately 1 month and WES approved my application.

I reached the University on a Friday at 9am in the morning and was able to finish all this by 12.50pm. Just before their lunch time. After lunch time you will not find anyone and literally everyone goes for lunch and never comes back. So go in the morning and get all done before lunch time.

Thats all my friends. If you have any questions, please shoot.

Hi Syed,

I must say finally got the most detailed review since I have started searching for. Every steps has been explained so well. But Arvind, I still have few question which I thought you could clear.

1. Which bank it is next to the University? Do I need to have an account in the bank to be able to make a DD. Coz in my City(Kolkata) every time I go to make a DD they ask me if I have an account. So what if I dont have an account if the bank which ever it is.

2. I am getting my ECA done through IQAS, wanted to know is it important to have a consolidated marksheet before I get my transcripts attested. I had lots of Arrears in all of my semesters, however I cleared all of them by end of my Final year. I am worried that it might just confuse them and delay my ECA process. Or do you think its ok to send the separate mark sheet as it is. (You must me knowing UNOM doesnt give any consolidated mark statement after you pass out, you need to apply for it separately)

3. Do they charge extra for getting the envelop signed and sealed?
4. You did not mention anything about how you managed to get the envelop courier by them. Or did you you do it by yourself. If yes, how safe it is to do so?
5. I am currently working in Kolkata. I have to plan my trip to chennai well before I go. Just wanted to know would 2 working days in hand be sufficient to get the job done there?

If I get these answers, I think I'll be ready to book my tickets for Chennai.

takakia

Apr 30, 2019
Go to Madras University main campus and ask for USAB (University Students Advisory Bureau), or transcripts request office, get an endorsement form for WES/other transcript payments.

Cost is Rs. 300 per transcript (as of April, 2019).

If you have 4 marksheets and one degree certificate, it is 4+1=5 X300 = Rs. 1500

Cost of signing WES from, Rs. 300

You have to take TWO COPIES of each certificate, both FRONT and BACK on the same page. Copies should in BLACK AND WHITE (Madras University does it only with BW copies).

Also take the original certificates with you to the USAB counter.

Also take your government issued id. card like driving licence, aadhar, etc.

Make one COPY of your GOVT. ID CARD

Take a DEMAND DRAFT for the total amount (in the above example with 5 certificates and one WES form, it would be 6x300 = 1800). There is am Indian Bank counter in the campus on the Wallajah Road side. The charge for the DD was Rs. 30 for Rs. 2100. I heard that online payment can also be made, but I didn’t try that route.

DEMAND DRAFT should be on THE REGISTRAR, UNIVERSITY OF MADRAS

Take the DD to the University, Demand Draft payment section with the endorsement form gotten from USAB earlier. Fill in the form and submit, they will take the DD and endorse the payment in the form.

Get TWO “CLOTH COVERS”, one A4 size and one A3 size. It is better to buy outside the University, but there is an old lady who sells these covers near the post office which is next to USAB.

For copying, it is better to take copies outside the campus. There is only one copying centre in the campus which is a little far from the USAB counter. While copying, make sure the entire certificate is covered in the copy.

Now take

1) the originals,
2) two copies of the certificates,
3) two “cloth” covers,
4) one copy of govt. id card
5) endorsed receipt for DD (issued earlier from USAB)

and submit in the USAB counter. The ladies in the counter are helpful in checking originals and entering the details in their register. They will give you a counterfoil as an acknowledgement. They will return the originals once they “verify” it. Their lunch time is 1 PM to 2 PM.

Now you can go back the next day or the day after. I gave it on Friday and collected it on Monday afternoon, so in an average it was one in two working days.

You have to place the signed copies in one of the covers and post it in the post office behind USAB office.

pavi_cs

May 29, 2019
Hi All,

I'm planning to use WES for canada immigration, but I see that WES has changed their policy(from December 1 2018) that the institutions themselves has to post the sealed envelopes!!

I've my bachelors from Madras University, can some one please assist how come a institution posts a sealed envelope abroad themselves?

Thanks In Advance

Hi I have a similar issue. Did you find out if the sends the transcripts directly and how much do they charge for it

Thanks in advance

saga1605

Jun 12, 2019
My wife got attestation from 'University of Madras' for 1. UG Mark Sheet, 2. UG Degree Certificate 3. PG Degree certificate (all three in one single envelope) and,
4. PG Marksheet attested by Ethiraj women's college (in a separate sealed envelope).

Her UG documents were accepted by WES but the satus for her PG documents is now "Status: On hold, We are waiting for your institution(s) to verify your documents."

Now, she needs to contact University of madras for PG degree certificate verification and Ethiraj college for PG mark sheet verification???? But WES sent the below information.
-----------------------
Due to the increased incidence of fraud, WES conducts a secondary verification of documents. This is to advise you that WES has sent photocopies of your documents for verification both electronically and by standard postal mail to University of Madras. Your WES file is on hold until we receive a written response from this institution.

Your institution requires a fee in order to verify the authenticity of your credentials. Please send your payment directly to the institution. Do not send payment to WES. It will be returned to you.
--------------------------

Could anyone who has already gone thru this process confirm how can we proceed further? Thanks.
Hi,
Any update on your WES verification for Madras Univ/Ethiraj college? I am also in a similar situation. And what is the credential name that you gave in the WES application for the PG? Is it Madras Univ or Ethiraj College?

Thank you in advance.

Raj_06_Div

Mar 20, 2019
Hi,
Any update on your WES verification for Madras Univ/Ethiraj college? I am also in a similar situation. And what is the credential name that you gave in the WES application for the PG? Is it Madras Univ or Ethiraj College?

Thank you in advance.
Do you have any update on the status ? How did you resolve that in Madras University . They are informing to restart the process.

Raj_06_Div

Mar 20, 2019
Good Morning Rams,

Thanks,
Geo
Any update on the process ? Can you please post us the update on this

Sgeeth

Jul 19, 2019
In Madras University, please check with the secondary verification department in Room no: 11 in the main building. Please have a copy of the email from WES with subject 'Verification Notification- Reference # (xxxxxxx)'

and the body of the email goes like this..

'Dear xxxxx,

Thank you for submitting your credentials for evaluation to World Education Services (WES).

We are committed to preparing evaluations based on documents that are accurate and valid. Due to the increased incidence of fraud, WES conducts a secondary verification of documents.

This is to advise you that WES has sent photocopies of your documents for verification both electronically and by standard postal mail to University of Madras. Your WES file is on hold until we receive a written response from this institution.
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxx

Last edited:

Raj_06_Div

Mar 20, 2019
In Madras University, please check with the secondary verification department in Room no: 11 in the main building. Please have a copy of the email from WES with subject 'Verification Notification- Reference # (xxxxxxx)'

and the body of the email goes like this..

'Dear xxxxx,

Thank you for submitting your credentials for evaluation to World Education Services (WES).

We are committed to preparing evaluations based on documents that are accurate and valid. Due to the increased incidence of fraud, WES conducts a secondary verification of documents.

This is to advise you that WES has sent photocopies of your documents for verification both electronically and by standard postal mail to University of Madras. Your WES file is on hold until we receive a written response from this institution.
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxx
Thanks for the response

We went to the university and paid fees for the verification email and mail. But again process went on hold stating they need a written response as well. I am a little confused here, as WES mentioned email is sufficient but it is on hold again. Does email alone is sufficient or not?

Raj_06_Div

Mar 20, 2019
Hi , any one done MBA in madras university and done credential evaluation in WES and came as "Post graduate Diploma" instead on "Masters"

htnamus

Feb 6, 2020
Thanks for the response

We went to the university and paid fees for the verification email and mail. But again process went on hold stating they need a written response as well. I am a little confused here, as WES mentioned email is sufficient but it is on hold again. Does email alone is sufficient or not?
sir
I am also in the same state now
I have made the 1000 payments for.both UG and PG and the university told that they have sent the documents to WES. was your ECA process completed after all this. just wanted to know to understand as to how much time it takes for completion. thanks for any information you can provide