+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Timeline/Tracking 2019

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Hello guys, I really hope one of you can help me.

1. Got my eca report in Nov 2018 for my undergrad.
2. Sent my pg documents April 2019 and they have been accepted.

But they've changed the status to 'On Hold' as they want me to send documents for my undergrad again as they haven't been sent by university.

The documents were sent by me when the new rule wasn't even implemented. It will take me a very long time to a apply for transcripts and send through university.

Any advice, anyway I can reason with them??

WES guidelines clearly state that Master degrees from India also need to send their Bachelor Degrees for evaluation. Since, it is your fresh application, you will have to send your bachelor degree certificates again.

However, you can get in touch with WES customer care and speak with them if they could consider your previous evaluation and proceed with your Masters evaluation.

simranj72

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
WES guidelines clearly state that Master degrees from India also need to send their Bachelor Degrees for evaluation. Since, it is your fresh application, you will have to send your bachelor degree certificates again.

However, you can get in touch with WES customer care and speak with them if they could consider your previous evaluation and proceed with your Masters evaluation.
I have 2 bachelors degree, 1 of which was evaluated previous year and I obtained 1 more bachelors degree, for which recently I sent the transcripts.
Do I have to send the previous bachelors transcripts again?

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
I have 2 bachelors degree, 1 of which was evaluated previous year and I obtained 1 more bachelors degree, for which recently I sent the transcripts.
Do I have to send the previous bachelors transcripts again?
To get an ECA report which says "2 bachelor degrees" or something similar, you would need to send documents for both degrees.

simranj72

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
To get an ECA report which says "2 bachelor degrees" or something similar, you would need to send documents for both degrees.
But I have got 1 of my degree evaluated previous year already and now paid for an additional degree.

Are you sure I need to send both transcripts again, since 1 degree is already evaluated.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
But I have got 1 of my degree evaluated previous year already and now paid for an additional degree.

Are you sure I need to send both transcripts again, since 1 degree is already evaluated.

WES Faq clearly says that to evaluate masters degree you need to send in both, master as well as bachelor degrees for master's or PGDM evaluation.

https://www.wes.org/help

It does not say anything about a previously evaluated degree. You should reach out to WES regarding your query related to the already evaluated degree. Ideally you should be following the instructions that your account tells you to.

samirrana

Star Member
May 13, 2019
I have done 3 years of diploma electrical engineering in India after grade 10. what would be my Canadian equivalency from WES?
I have just recently applied for evaluation.
One of my friend got 2 year diploma post secondary. He had several backlogs during the program and had to redo the exams.
would any backlogs affect the evaluation?

Seeking some valuable advise

Thank you.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
I have done 3 years of diploma electrical engineering in India after grade 10. what would be my Canadian equivalency from WES?
I have just recently applied for evaluation.
One of my friend got 2 year diploma post secondary. He had several backlogs during the program and had to redo the exams.
would any backlogs affect the evaluation?

Seeking some valuable advise

Thank you.
"Two-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute"

This will fetch you 98 points if you are unmarried or 91 points if you are marrieed.

Reactions: samirrana

samirrana

Star Member
May 13, 2019
"Two-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute"

This will fetch you 98 points if you are unmarried or 91 points if you are marrieed.
Thanks a lot

I have another question as well as you mentioned the marital status.
I just got married and holding an open work permit

Can I be the only applicant for PR under express entry to get better score?
because if I include my spouse under the same application, CRS score gets reduced drastically.

Is it possible to apply just on my own and sponsor my wife after getting a permanent residency status?
My wife is residing in india and I am in Canada. She will be coming to visit me on visitor visa for short period of time and return back to India.

Thank you!

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Thanks a lot

I have another question as well as you mentioned the marital status.
I just got married and holding an open work permit

Can I be the only applicant for PR under express entry to get better score?
because if I include my spouse under the same application, CRS score gets reduced drastically.

Is it possible to apply just on my own and sponsor my wife after getting a permanent residency status?
My wife is residing in india and I am in Canada. She will be coming to visit me on visitor visa for short period of time and return back to India.

Thank you!
A relatable post : https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/any-married-person-applied-alone-got-ita-and-pr.486430/

You can, but they can ask you why your wife is not accompanying you, to which you must be able to come up with a good and justifiable reason.

wssroh

May 20, 2019
Rajpura, Distt. Patiala, Punjab
Category........
NOC Code......
Hello People, I would like to ask that I have passed my Bachelors of Pharmacy with 56% aggregate/marks (i.e. Second Division). Will that affect my ECA score/report from WES in any/some way?

Last edited:

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Hello People, I would like to ask that I have passed my Bachelors of Pharmacy with 56% aggregate/marks (i.e. Second Division). Will that affect my ECA score/report from WES in any/some way?
Relatabale Post : https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/will-my-percentage-marks-effect-my-eca-evaluation.555160/

No. Yours marks/percentile/percentage/division does not affect the outcome of your ECA report.
WES does not care about marks/percentile/division/percentage unless you are getting a Standard Course by Course evaluation for higher education.

samirrana

Star Member
May 13, 2019
Reactions: dotslash227

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
WES Timelines

Account Created - 10/21/2018
Documents Sent by DHL - 04/11/2019
Documents Delivered by DHL - 04/13/2019
Documents Received Update by WES - 04/16/2019
Documents Received Update 2 by WES - 04/23/2019

Documents reviewed and accepted by WES - 05/22/2019

Your evaluation is in progress. You are not required to do anything at this time.
Your evaluation is due for completion on 6/11/2019

Reactions: saurabh060

my3amin

Apr 28, 2019
Hi all.. Here is my timeline:
Request to university sent: 6th April
University sent docs to WES: 23rd April
WES received docs: 25th April (via DHL)
1st Update from WES: 26th April
Status: In progress We received your document(s). We are reviewing your document(s).
Status last updated: 4/26/2019 Pending Your evaluation is in progress. You are not required to do anything at this time.

This is for both my bachelors and masters degree from Madras University.
My husband's degree is just being sent from his university (Mangalore). Will update timeline then.
Next update on 7th May : Pending Your evaluation is in progress. You are not required to do anything at this time.

It's been almost a month and yet no change from WES.