+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES rule changes for India: How to tackle this change

Shivanii

Dec 5, 2018
I got my B.com Hons transcript from DU and PGDM transcript on 1 Dec’18. And thanked god for successful reciept of it but one fine day on 3 Dec when I was making Wes account, I realized all rules have been changed over night like 8 Nov demonetisation by Mr. Modi without a notice!

This is quite un professional on WES end, they should have had given atleast 15 days notice so that applicants could had planned accordingly.

Really disappointed and frustrated now!
Hi,
It's even worse with me, I posted all the documents on 5th Nov, but due to postal strike they got stuck, I was waiting for them to be delivered, meanwhile the wes rule changed. Please someone guide me how should I go about it.
Thanks!

geektech40

Sep 19, 2018
does anyone know why they changed the rule? Even IQAS and UT CES accept sealed envelope stamped by the Registrars office.

this is just so dumb.

maheshmit

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
Hi,
It's even worse with me, I posted all the documents on 5th Nov, but due to postal strike they got stuck, I was waiting for them to be delivered, meanwhile the wes rule changed. Please someone guide me how should I go about it.
Thanks!
I heard that the change in rule applies for those who created their profile on or after December 1. Hence, yours should not be a problem. Please talk to WES Customer care for confirmation

geektech40

Sep 19, 2018
I heard that the change in rule applies for those who created their profile on or after December 1. Hence, yours should not be a problem. Please talk to WES Customer care for confirmation
when you say profile created means creating the WES account?

In my case I paid WES CA $200 in September, the nstarted the process via the third party agent to get the transcript mailed to MY home addresss.So...i have created the profile but in my profile also under my order it says they longer acccept mailed by TPA (third party) studnets or anyone else other than the University issuing the certificate.

We are all stuck I guess, it might be different if your transcripts was already mailed and was en-route..but this is still very bad on WES to do this change..it will impact so many folks and now those in my case where I already paid WES $200 and most likely my university will NOT mail WES directly from India..such a mess..

good luck to all.

maheshmit

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018

In my case I paid WES CA $200 in September, the nstarted the process via the third party agent to get the transcript mailed to MY home addresss.So...i have created the profile but in my profile also under my order it says they longer acccept mailed by TPA (third party) studnets or anyone else other than the University issuing the certificate.

We are all stuck I guess, it might be different if your transcripts was already mailed and was en-route..but this is still very bad on WES to do this change..it will impact so many folks and now those in my case where I already paid WES $200 and most likely my university will NOT mail WES directly from India..such a mess..

good luck to all.
I would still recommend that you call them once to confirm. I got to know this from a person in my immigration whatsapp group. He had created WES profile on Nov 15 but had not sent his documents even on Dec 1. When the rule changed, he called the WES call centre and they confirmed that he can send his transcripts personally since he created his profile before Dec 1. So please check with WES once.

In the worst case scenario if WES doesn't agree, you can cancel your application, get a refund and apply through another agency. CES and IQAS still accept transcripts sent by applicants themselves.

All the best!

Vivu

Feb 20, 2018

good luck to all.
If you got your reference number before Dec 1st then the new rule does not apply to you. Don't worry you are good to go.

Shivanii

Dec 5, 2018
Th
Thanks for the reply.. I'll try to find out

Shivanii

Dec 5, 2018

good luck to all.
Hey I just found out https://www.wes.org/help#/path/Credential-Evaluation/1200364261/Document-Requirements-for-India.htm

You're good to go! But it's very bad news for further applicants cause everyone is well aware of the attitude of Indian universities, accept WES.

sahilk89

Nov 19, 2018
I would still recommend that you call them once to confirm. I got to know this from a person in my immigration whatsapp group. He had created WES profile on Nov 15 but had not sent his documents even on Dec 1. When the rule changed, he called the WES call centre and they confirmed that he can send his transcripts personally since he created his profile before Dec 1. So please check with WES once.

In the worst case scenario if WES doesn't agree, you can cancel your application, get a refund and apply through another agency. CES and IQAS still accept transcripts sent by applicants themselves.

All the best!
I am sailing in same boat, lot of confusions!!!
Read this
Go through link

https://www.wes.org/help#/path/Credential-Evaluation/1200364261/Document-Requirements-for-India.htm

Who is affected by this change?

This change applies to all WES applications for evaluation of Indian credentials submitted on or after December 1, 2018. This is the date you received a WES reference number. If your WES reference number was issued on or after December 1, 2018, the new policy applies to you. If your WES reference number was issued before December 1, 2018, the new policy does not apply.

sahilk89

Nov 19, 2018
Guys anyone can confirm what is the alternative for WES or shall i go for WEs

Anybody doing the process for ECA and has got WES reference number after DEC1 2018, please connect at 8888859724