+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES rule changes for India: How to tackle this change

ieltscanada

Jan 19, 2019
I am reading Toronto’s CES requirements and i dont see where it says they will accept transcripts from individuals. It says the following:

“I will arrange to have official academic records (transcripts/statement of marks) sent directly from the issuing institution to CES address given below in a sealed envelope unless otherwise specified under the Required Documents by Country of Education. This is a mandatory requirement for each credential you wish to have assessed. It is the applicant's responsibility to make this arrangement. CES cannot order these documents for applicants. “
under link : https://learn.utoronto.ca/comparative-education-service/apply-now/new-applicants/step-2-country-document-requirements , select country and you can find this :

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official mark sheets or statement of marks sent to the CES directly from the State Board of Technical Education, the University Registrar/the Controller of Examinations, or one of their deputies;

You can forward the official academic records to the CES, but it must be sealed in an original institution’s envelope if the State Board of Technical Education, the University Registrar/the Controller of Examinations, or one of their deputies has released the official academic records to you.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Canadapr12

Jan 26, 2019
under link : https://learn.utoronto.ca/comparative-education-service/apply-now/new-applicants/step-2-country-document-requirements , select country and you can find this :

Official mark sheets or statement of marks sent to the CES directly from the State Board of Technical Education, the University Registrar/the Controller of Examinations, or one of their deputies;

You can forward the official academic records to the CES, but it must be sealed in an original institution’s envelope if the State Board of Technical Education, the University Registrar/the Controller of Examinations, or one of their deputies has released the official academic records to you.
Thanks a lot for your response !

Bhavp

Jan 8, 2019
Since I found no solution as Delhi University isn't ready to send transcripts to WES directly, I've started my process by sending my Master's degree alone from an international university. Do I've to still send Bachelor's degree from Delhi University?

Bhavp

Jan 8, 2019
Found this information on Quora, can somebody confirm if its true?

Now, most Important Note: Now WES only accepts transcripts sent directlyfrom the University for evaluation. So, if you have already applied, make it a point to go back to University and post from their post office or the nearest post office.

Hope this answer helped. Let me know if there are any other queries relating to transcripts.

Edit: Please don't send transcripts from anywhere else like posting from your nearest post office instead of University post office. Every University has its post office, so send from there. You will be paying for the post charges obviously but the sender will be deemed as the respective “University”.

Edit: 15.01.2019- I have come out with a video on “How to get Transcripts from DU”. Hope it helps somebody.

shree987

Feb 13, 2019
Hi Guys,
Has anyone sent the transcripts to CES and done the evaluation after the changes in WES rules?
1. What all documents are expected in the sealed envelope that has to be sent by the applicant?

2. Also, there is a mention of the “Request Official Academic Records” form in their website. Is this a mandatory form to be filled and signed from the principal or is it only required if the transcript has to be sent directly from the university.

3. Do we need to create the student id before applying for the transcripts or we can do that once we receive the transcript and are ready to send.

Please help.

mudjawd

Sep 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
09th August
Any one applied using the CES? Can they guide others please as well. They mention a whole bunch of "Scanned colour copy of both sides of the award". Not sure if this is something to be sent in addition to the sealed envelope from university with the transcripts. Please advise as we are all pretty upset with this after spending money on agents to get us transcripts from university.

itsdharam

Feb 26, 2019
Hi Guys,

My "Statement of Marks" documents got rejected by WES, reason given was the new rule announced in December 2018 saying those documents should be sent directly by university.

I visited the Mumbai University office in Churchgate, they (Mumbai University) are denying to send the documents directly to WES Canada, what to do now ??

Anyone did this process from Mumbai University, recently ???

Kamal Sandhu

Jun 7, 2019
IQAS WOULD BE COMPLETE WASTAGE F TIME!
Will research about CES and also will connect with consultant tomorrow to decide. Do you think CES will be able to do evaluation in 4 weeks time? And will they accept transcripts from students?
Please let me know,, if you have researched on these things.

Cannot even sleep now, so much confusion and tension created by this non sense illogical overnight move without any notice!
That is nice.. good for you. Now that wes has changed process i am checking other options.
Hi
I am also literally confused. I have done BSc in medical science from Hemvati Nandan Bahuguna University and than completed 2 years post graduate diploma from Pearl Academy of Fashion . Checked on WES list of universities, Since pearl is a totally private college so its missing . Then mailed to CES , their reply we have not evaluated any diploma till date from Pearl Academy . Now am literally confused. Where to send my both degrees. Any suggestions pls help.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Hi Guys,

My "Statement of Marks" documents got rejected by WES, reason given was the new rule announced in December 2018 saying those documents should be sent directly by university.

I visited the Mumbai University office in Churchgate, they (Mumbai University) are denying to send the documents directly to WES Canada, what to do now ??

You need to Speed Post your documents from the post office that is nearest to your university. Make sure that the "From Address" is listed as that of the university.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Hi
I am also literally confused. I have done BSc in medical science from Hemvati Nandan Bahuguna University and than completed 2 years post graduate diploma from Pearl Academy of Fashion . Checked on WES list of universities, Since pearl is a totally private college so its missing . Then mailed to CES , their reply we have not evaluated any diploma till date from Pearl Academy . Now am literally confused. Where to send my both degrees. Any suggestions pls help.
Only your B.Sc. in Medical Science will be recognised.

Pearl's website clearly states that "
Pearl Academy is not a degree granting institution*.

*Pearl Academy is not accredited by UGC, AICTE or any other regulatory body."

https://pearlacademy.com/academics/accreditation/

Hence, your Post Graduate Program from Peral will not be recognised by WES, IQAS, ICES, ICAS or CES.

aruna.m

Jul 23, 2019
Hi Guys,

Hi,

Did you try again after rejection, what is your current status? Did you mention university addr. on your enevelope and got acknowledgement stamp for courier?

Could you share your number, as even I am planning to visit MU at Churchgate ?

Anyone else who tried from MU ?

Jul 29, 2019
Hey folks, Don't worry about WES rule change for India.
Use other designated organistions for ECA: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/how.html#designated

CES allows you to collect the sealed envelope from your University and send it to them, they don't force the "directly sent by Univ" rule like WES:
https://learn.utoronto.ca/comparative-education-service/apply-now/new-applicants/request-official-academic-records

Goodluck people,
Jatinder

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Hi guys!
Even I am worried about the same. I have sealed transcripts from Delhi University for my bachelor's which are 6 months old, don't know how to go about it now. Moreover, I am still in the process to get my transcripts from Jiwaji University (super slow process) which is already a pain, don't know how long would they take to post it to WES, if they are taking more than 5 months to process the transcripts. I am super anxious coz my IELTS score would be expiring in 6 months. Please guide if you have any way around the new WES rules or with the above two universities.
Also, let me know if the WES transcript request form is mandatory, and since the rules have changed, should I ask the universities to put the WES from, an attested copy of degree and the transcripts together in an envelope and post it?
Hi,
Were you able to get through with WES with your old transcripts?
I have an 8 month old transcript in perfect condition.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you