+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES rule changes for India: How to tackle this change

maheshmit

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
I am not sure but I am afraid IQAS is also asking that Transcript should be directly sent to IQAS by Institution. Please correct me if I am wrong.
For CES, they are charging $210 per credentials. I am BCom and MCom so for $420 for me. Not sure should I only get my MCom assessed.

Please Help!!!

Thanks!!
I did not go through IQAS requirements, so I can't confirm that. However, I have seen on this forum people sending transcripts to IQAS on their own.
Regarding the fee for CES, you are right - they charge per credential. If you are confident of getting a Master's equivalency for M.Com, you can just send your M.Com alone for evaluation, otherwise, have to send both. I don't see an alternate way.

prateek2108

Dec 24, 2018
Hi Dinesh, I am from Anna University, Chennai.
Hi,

Any one from Anna University, Chennai. Lets connect to get help from the unniversity.....
Did you get your transcripts? Anna university has clearly told they wont be sending the transcripts to WES. They would only give the envelope with the university seal and COE signature. How are you planning to send the transcripts?

Iswarya13

Jan 3, 2019
Hi,
Even I am sailing in the same boat... Got transcripts ..but now the policy has changed... Now Anna University transcript website also down..

Hi Dinesh, I am from Anna University, Chennai.

Did you get your transcripts? Anna university has clearly told they wont be sending the transcripts to WES. They would only give the envelope with the university seal and COE signature. How are you planning to send the transcripts?

Jan 5, 2019
I am keen to know about other options as well, I already have the transcripts with me from my university, if somebody goes through CES, kindly update the process, I believe IQAS also has mentioned to accept transcripts directly by the universities these days, hence IQAS is not an option anymore.

Jan 6, 2019
WES and other orgainsations are asking to submit the transcripts through the institutions that issues them. To verify this, they are asking to include a "Academics Record Request" form to be included with the transcripts in the sealed envelope. This form has information regarding the applicant and also the university. As the university/boards are refusing to mail our transcripts, is it possible for us to fill the form on their behalf, with their knowledge of course, and mail/courier the envelope from a post office near to our university's location? Will this solve the problem of rule change?

kunalsingla1991

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Med's Done....
11-01-2019
One of my friends is stuck with WES, according to my understanding, transcript needs to be send by the university in signed and sealed envelope, while degree can be sent by an individual without any sign or stamp from university, is my understanding correct?

Bhavp

Jan 8, 2019
Hi, I called up DU yesterday. The lady there announced their final decision that I'll have to send the courier to WES myself and University will not do it. I'm thinking of contacting WES now regarding this to find the solution. Kindly help if anyone of you have a suggestion. DU was not even aware of this change when I called in December. I was asked to mail the dean and wait for reply. After all the waiting time, yesterday was this answer.

growingdin

Jan 9, 2019
hi my university is also not sending transcript to WES, I am thinking to send the sealed envelope through a courier near university without mentioning shipper details.... is this a feasible option.

kunalsingla1991

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Med's Done....
11-01-2019
It won't work, if you do not mention sender details, it is as good as sent by individual, also courier company may not even accept it..either get someone onboard from your university or get ECA from University of Toronto's CES
hi my university is also not sending transcript to WES, I am thinking to send the sealed envelope through a courier near university without mentioning shipper details.... is this a feasible option.

Canadapr12

Jan 26, 2019
I am reading Toronto’s CES requirements and i dont see where it says they will accept transcripts from individuals. It says the following:

“I will arrange to have official academic records (transcripts/statement of marks) sent directly from the issuing institution to CES address given below in a sealed envelope unless otherwise specified under the Required Documents by Country of Education. This is a mandatory requirement for each credential you wish to have assessed. It is the applicant's responsibility to make this arrangement. CES cannot order these documents for applicants. “