+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES rule changes for India: How to tackle this change

sahilk89

Nov 19, 2018
Guys ,

I am confused liitle, i am thinking of little indian jugaad, i do not know if it works

i have transcript envelope which is back and front sealed,
in front it has university address, so if i send directly to wes , will they accept,
will they come to know who has send the document

Requesting university for sending the transcripts will add another delay and pain , because they send by normal courier(not speed courier) ,
if we send by fedex, it will reach to WES fast.

Any thoughts!!!

sahilk89

Nov 19, 2018
I would still recommend that you call them once to confirm. I got to know this from a person in my immigration whatsapp group. He had created WES profile on Nov 15 but had not sent his documents even on Dec 1. When the rule changed, he called the WES call centre and they confirmed that he can send his transcripts personally since he created his profile before Dec 1. So please check with WES once.

In the worst case scenario if WES doesn't agree, you can cancel your application, get a refund and apply through another agency. CES and IQAS still accept transcripts sent by applicants themselves.

All the best!
hi Mahesh,
Can you please add me in immigration whatsup group
my contact no:8888859724

Suchan

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-02-2018
Hi Dinesh - I did my engineering in Anna University, Chennai.
Anna university distance education, mine went to audit and WES has mailed Anna univ. God know when the university will respond

sahilk89

Nov 19, 2018
guys got a standard reply from WES, not happy with response
Will keep you posted for any updates
Dear Sahil,

Thank you for your message.

Please carefully review the required documents for India.

World Education Services (WES) requires annual mark sheets / statement of marks issued and attested by the institution that conducted the examinations. The mark sheets / statements of marks must be sent directly to WES by institution in a sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate authentication officer. WES will not accept documents sent by colleges, students themselves, third party agents, or anyone else.

This applies to all applications received on or after December 1st, 2018, with no exceptions.

Best regards,

Michael H.
WES Customer Service

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
IQAS WOULD BE COMPLETE WASTAGE F TIME!
Will research about CES and also will connect with consultant tomorrow to decide. Do you think CES will be able to do evaluation in 4 weeks time? And will they accept transcripts from students?
Please let me know,, if you have researched on these things.

Cannot even sleep now, so much confusion and tension created by this non sense illogical overnight move without any notice!
Same as the Demonetization move which happened in India, do not know for what reason at all.

APEXCANADA

Nov 15, 2018
Hi Vishal,

I'm also in similar situation. I got both my Bachelors, Masters transcripts but before I could get to create my WES profile, the document requirements had changed. I even called WES to see if there is an alternate way but they clearly stated that documents not sent by institutions will be rejected.

However, everything's not lost. There are other ECA agencies which accept transcripts sent by applicants provided that the envelopes are properly sealed and stamped. University of Toronto's CES and IQAS accept transcripts mailed by applicants. Given that IQAS processing time is almost 20 weeks, CES might be a good bet. Even I'm thinking of applying through CES. Let me know what you decide.

All the best!
I am not sure but I am afraid IQAS is also asking that Transcript should be directly sent to IQAS by Institution. Please correct me if I am wrong.
For CES, they are charging $210 per credentials. I am BCom and MCom so for $420 for me. Not sure should I only get my MCom assessed.

Please Help!!!

Thanks!!

Shaey

Dec 25, 2018
Hi guys!
Even I am worried about the same. I have sealed transcripts from Delhi University for my bachelor's which are 6 months old, don't know how to go about it now. Moreover, I am still in the process to get my transcripts from Jiwaji University (super slow process) which is already a pain, don't know how long would they take to post it to WES, if they are taking more than 5 months to process the transcripts. I am super anxious coz my IELTS score would be expiring in 6 months. Please guide if you have any way around the new WES rules or with the above two universities.
Also, let me know if the WES transcript request form is mandatory, and since the rules have changed, should I ask the universities to put the WES from, an attested copy of degree and the transcripts together in an envelope and post it?