+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA- O/A Levels Pakistan candidates - Complete process

gulraizhanif

Feb 4, 2019
Firstly, I would appreciate everyone who has contributed in this post, this thread has been really helpful for so many people. Great job guys.
Secondly, I have a query which has not been addressed so far.

I have received my attested equivalency copies from IBCC in a sealed envelope.
I have also received the HEC attested copies of my degree and transcript in another sealed envelope.

I am about to send them to WES. Can I send both of these envelopes in a single package to WES or these have to be in separate packages during courier?
No need to send separate packages. I sent mine all together. Works just fine. Also DHL has a special discount if documents are being sent to educational institutions. WES is considered as educational institution.

mavdiego

Aug 19, 2019
No need to send separate packages. I sent mine all together. Works just fine. Also DHL has a special discount if documents are being sent to educational institutions. WES is considered as educational institution.
I'm glad to hear that, have you got your ECA?

Sep 2, 2019
I have a query wrt the ibcc equivalency. I only have a certificate, no transcript.just the total is mentioned out o11081

Is this acceptable to wes?

jawadg18

Sep 26, 2019
Hey Akbar,

Thanks a lot for a great post!

I have done Matric >> A Level >> BSC from LUMS, Lahore

i am getting my things done from Zarnab International. They have asked for

1) Attestation of Matric from Federal Board (DONE)

2) Attestation of A leve from my private college

3) LUMS Degree from HEC.

My questions are 1) Do v need equivalency or Above mentioned Attestation is enough?

2) Do we need A level Attestation from Cambridge or our own private college?

Thanks

Huzzain

Oct 8, 2019
Hello,

Can any one help me to under the below..

I am planning to send my inter and bachelors degree for assessment .. which is most reliable WES or CES .. some one told me to send via CES ..

& my another query What is Academic Record Request Form.. as I have done inter from government college and bachelors directly from Univerisity of Karachi ... can some one please guide me that how I can get this form attest and how it will go to WES directly..

shinnyg

Dec 8, 2019
yes, I got the ECA report with only IBCC attested copies of O and A level equivalences and Bachelors degree attested from HEC.
What equivalent did they attest your A levels at? Secondary/High School diploma or one year programme at University?

SamtoCanada

Star Member
Jan 9, 2020
I followed it step by step and now am stuck at the part where WES application has to be filled.

When I fill in the form - I have given the institution as Inter Board Committee of Charimen and then Higher Secondary and Secondary School.

Before I go to submit the application it shows me the list of things I need to provide - here are the documents it is asking me:

All documents listed below must be sent to WES for your evaluation report. Upon receipt and review of your credentials, WES may require additional documentation. If so, we will contact you.

Bachelor of Computer Science - Shaheed Zulfikar Ali Bhutto Institute of Science and Technology
1. Higher Secondary Certificate of Examination
2. Higher Secondary School Mark Sheet/Result Card
3. Degree Certificate (Final or Provisional)
4. Mark Sheet/Result Card

Higher Secondary Certificate - Inter Board Committee of Chairmen

Secondary School Certificate - Inter Board Committee of Chairmen

Now -----------------------------
As I did my o/a levels ofcourse I dont have the marksheet - should I either way complete the application and just send those 4 documents?
Did you also get the requirement to submit all these documents?

mawaismushtaq

Apr 17, 2016
Hi All,
I have been browsing on the forum over this issue of O and A levels candidate’s application for WES ECA. I didnt get any complete answers from the forum. But now since my ECA process has been completed and report has been dispatched I’m writing the complete procedure to help my fellow beings as a token of Sadqa-e-Jaria. This is for O and A levels candidates from Pakistan (especially for Karachiites but I think it would be same throughout Pakistan) . I would keep the discussion relevant to my case which is quite typical; O and A levels from Karachi and then a 4 years bachelor’s degree from Karachi as well. So here is the complete process:
1. First and foremost, keep this very fact in your mind that you just need to send 2 envelopes to WES. Both of these envelopes should have 2 docs each. That is in total you have to send 4 docs or copies (No originals)
2. Envelope #1: This envelope should have 2 photo copies; Attested O levels equivalency from IBCC Karachi and attested A levels equivalency from IBCC Karachi. Below is the procedure for getting an equivalency:
a. Just go to IBCC Karachi at 9 am (it’s a small counter at Inter board Karachi- the guy’s name at the counter is Ovais).
b. Take your Original O and A levels certificates, your passport size pic, NIC, also 2 copies each for all these docs. Don’t forget to take the photocopies of these docs.
c. Ovais will give you an application form and 2 green color bank challans (remember 2 bank challans, one for O levels and the other for A levels) of PKR 1500/each.
d. Fill the form and go to HBL bank outside inter board and submit the PKR 3000 fee (1500 each) for both equivalencies.
e. Come back to the IBCC counter and submit the filled form, the original docs and 1 copy each.
f. So to sum up, you ll have to submit the form, O and A Levels original docs and a copy for each, your nic copy and a photo.
g. Ovais will give a receipt that he has kept your original docs and that you ll have to come after 20 business days to collect the equivalencies and the original docs. Usually it’s less than 20 days, so if you live nearby inter board, you can come and check after 10 or 15 days.
h. At the time of collection, collect your original docs and 2 equivalences (O and A levels).
i. Now when you collect your original equivalencies, tell Ovais that you need to get these equivalencies and a copy for each verified/attested. I reiterate that this O and A level equivalencies are not verified, so you need to get them and their copies verified.
j. He will give you bank challans according to your requirement. Take bank challans (I think it would be one for getting original equivalencies verified that is PKR 300 which is for PKR 150 per doc and PKR 300 more which is for PKR 150 each for photocopies ). So a total of PKR 900 has to be spent more for it.
k. Pay the bank challans and get 2 copies of equivalencies for both O and A levels.
l. Come back to the counter and give the original equivalencies, 4copies of equivalencies (2 each per doc; they will keep 2 copies for their own record and will attest the other 2 for you), your nic copy and your passport size pic.
m. Ovais will give you a receiving that you have submitted your 2 original docs (O and A levels equivalencies) and that you have to come after 3 business days.
n. After 3 days when you come back to collect your docs; you ll get both the original equivalencies attested and verified at the back (with a sticker embossed and stamp of Assistant secretary Muhammad Ejaz Ahsan)and 2 similar copies of O and A Levels equivalencies attested like the originals. Keep the originals with you.
o. The 2 attested copies are the key and these are the ones for the 1st envelope that I mentioned in point #1.
p. Now there is a common misconception that you have to take these copies to secretary office and to room no 14 to a guy called Hassan and submit there with a pay order of PKR 1500. But this is wrong for O and O levels candidates.
q. Tell Owais that I need to get both of these 2 attested copies (O and A levels) sealed in an envelope with the stamps of Assistant secretary. He will whine over it that we won’t do it but here is where you have to show your friendliness with Ovais, after all by now he might have known you after so many visits. Getting the envelopes sealed is the main key here. He will agree, but in case he doesn’t, go to room 14, there is guys called Hassan and tell him your story. But the IBCC guy will for sure get your docs sealed. You will have to get it sealed from there at all cost.
r. Take the sealed envelope to a courier service and write the address of WES Canada on the back of the envelope and give to the courier guy.
s. Since I didnt feel the urgency to send the docs, I sent them via Pakistan post (2 words for Pakistan post- it’s AWESOME and CHEAP). Again there is a common misconception about Pakistan post, but now it has evolved itself and it is the most reliable service in Pakistan. You ll get the envelope posted in just PKR 150. Send it via registered option where they give you a tracking ID which starts with “RA” or “RB”.
t. To put this part in a nutshell, you ll have to send an envelope having just 2 attested copies of your O and A levels equivalency to WES Canada

3. Envelope # 2: This envelope again should have 2 docs that are 2 copies of Your HEC recognized degree and transcript. The entire procedure is for documents attestation is on HECs website
Some key points are as follows:
a. Go early to the HEC office Karachi at around 730 am. Don’t sit on the chairs. The officer will come and will ask to make line near the desk, so you ll have to run and make lines whenever he comes. Just get yourself seated near the desk.
b. Take your original equivalencies at the time of docs’ submission. You ll have to submit that. It’s a requirement on HEC website
c. After 5 days when you ll get the both degree and transcript and their copies verified, get both the copies to the equivalency counter in HEC. The equivalency counter is just beside the main counter. Ask the guy at the counter to get the 2 attested copies (degree and transcript) sealed in an envelope.
d. The 2 attested copies are the key and these are the ones for the 2nd envelope that I mentioned in point #1.
e. Take the envelope to Pakistan post office and write WES Canada address on the back and get it posted via registered option with a tracking ID.
4. How to track your tracking ID: The tracking ID which you recieved from Pakistan Post can be tracked via the Pakistan post website. Enter your tracking number and you ll see the status of your item. When the item is dispatched to Canada, you can track it from Canada post website. When the item has been delivered to WES you can check whether or not they have received your package from WES website. There is an option of Track your package over there. Enter your tracking ID there and it will confirm whether they have received it or not
5. How long does it take from Pakistan post to get the envelopes delivered? 10 days: 3 days from Pakistan , 3 days at the customs in Canada and intercity travel of your item and finally 1 day to reach WES office.
6. Your status will be updated “Documents received – review in progress”. And after 10 days it will update to “Evaluation in progress”. And after 3 to 4 days it will update to “Completed- Order Report, Upgrade report”. And a confirmation email will be send to you as well.
7. I sent my docs on 14th July. They were received by WES on 25th July. On 7th August my process has been completed Alhamdulillah.
Summary: 2 envelopes to WES: Envelope # 1 – 2 copies of attested O and A levels equivalencies from IBCC, Envelope #2 – 2 attested copies of degree and transcript from HEC. I repeat no original docs should be send to WES. No originals!!!
So I hope I have kept the process simple and easy to understand. If you think I have missed out anything, drop me an email at muhammadakberansari@yahoo.com. Ill be there to help.
Thank you for sharing this information; May I know what equivalence do they give for A levels if it’s with Bachelors? Can I claim 2 or more degrees, certificates in this case?

n_mahboob

Apr 11, 2020
if did my bba from uae but olevels and alevels from Karachi. Do I still need to add olevels and alevels to my wes application or is bba enough?

Akberansari

Star Member
May 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2015
Doc's Request.
20-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-12-2015
AOR Received.
29-02-2016
Med's Done....
01-03-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-2016
LANDED..........
Jan 2016
Hi All,
I m so happy to see that people are benefiting from this post still. People have been reaching out to me on my email; Im responsive more on emails. Disclaimer: Please be mindful that I wrote this blog 5 years ago; so things might have changed.
When Im scrolling up this blog, I see some recent posts where people are still following the instructions, so probably my instructions still hold true.
May Allah help you achieve your Canadian dream

nadeemosama

Jun 2, 2020
AoA all,
@Akberansari Sir thank you for starting this wonderful thread which has answered a lot of my questions. There are still some queries which I hope someone from this thread can help me out with.

I have done O'Levels ==> HSSC==> BS ==> MS.

So far what I have understood is that I need to get the following attested: Equivalency from IBCC ==> HSSC from FBISE ==>BS and MS from HEC.

Now while filling out the application on WES website, while adding the educational credentials, most people on this thread are filling out 'Name of institution' with the board name: 'IBCC'. Is this true just in the case of IBCC equivalence document or do all levels of educations ( HSSC, BS, MS) require the board name to be filled in 'Name of institution' field?
and secondly, what is supposed to go in the 'Name of Diploma/Certificate' field?
and thirdly, as we only get one certificate from IBCC as the equivalency, how will we satisfy the requirements of WES when they are demanding both certificate and transcripts for secondary education?

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2020
Hello all. This thread seems super useful. However apart from sending IBCC attested copies do the awarding body (Cambridge) attestation is required? Because as per the WES Advisor blog it seems there is Cambridge attestation required as per following statement:
"The awarding board should send your documents to WES in a sealed envelope. If you send documents sealed by the Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC), the documents must have a clear attestation from the state board that awarded the degree, not just the IBCC. If the documents do not have a clear and correct attestation, our evaluators will put your file on hold."

taq12345

Jul 31, 2020
Hello all. This thread seems super useful. However apart from sending IBCC attested copies do the awarding body (Cambridge) attestation is required? Because as per the WES Advisor blog it seems there is Cambridge attestation required as per following statement:
"The awarding board should send your documents to WES in a sealed envelope. If you send documents sealed by the Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC), the documents must have a clear attestation from the state board that awarded the degree, not just the IBCC. If the documents do not have a clear and correct attestation, our evaluators will put your file on hold."
I have the same query. Did you find a solution? Can anybody else help? This would be an issue because currently cambridge certification portal is not entertaining any requests because of covid:
https://certstat.cambridgeinternational.org/