+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA- O/A Levels Pakistan candidates - Complete process

SamtoCanada

Star Member
Jan 9, 2020
Thank you for sharing this information; May I know what equivalence do they give for A levels if it’s with Bachelors? Can I claim 2 or more degrees, certificates in this case?
Hi - a levels is considered a college degree - so with bachelors you will be given an equivalency of bachelors.

SamtoCanada

Star Member
Jan 9, 2020
Hello all. This thread seems super useful. However apart from sending IBCC attested copies do the awarding body (Cambridge) attestation is required? Because as per the WES Advisor blog it seems there is Cambridge attestation required as per following statement:
"The awarding board should send your documents to WES in a sealed envelope. If you send documents sealed by the Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC), the documents must have a clear attestation from the state board that awarded the degree, not just the IBCC. If the documents do not have a clear and correct attestation, our evaluators will put your file on hold."
Cambridge goes out of the picture if you have made the equivalency for A and O levels.

So this is what I did
Background:

1. O levels from city school (a couple of private papers)
  2. A levels from city school (a couple of private papers)
  3. Bachelors in CS
What I did was as follows:
  1. Got my bachelors attested and sealed from HEC
  2. Got my equivalency made for o and a levels
    1. Had a name problem in one so submitted Afiddavit to IBCC with my correct name
  3. Attested equivalency from IBCC and got it in a sealed envelope
  4. Did DHL with one big DHL envelope having 2 sub envelopes
    1. IBCC attested envelope having matric and inter
    2. HEC attested having bachelors.
I hope this is useful - I will try to respond if there are any questions.

Reactions: bochobo

SamtoCanada

Star Member
Jan 9, 2020
I have the same query. Did you find a solution? Can anybody else help? This would be an issue because currently cambridge certification portal is not entertaining any requests because of covid:
https://certstat.cambridgeinternational.org/
Also, if you dont want to go through the whole equivalency thing you can just ask them to send it to WES - they charge per session.
So lets say your A levels is all in one session - just send that - no need to send AS level certs.

bochobo

Sep 8, 2020
Hi,

This thread has been a big help. Could anyone please confirm whether this is what I need to do as an O/Alevel student who has a bachelors degree from a uni here. This post was made 5 years ago so I am wondering if some things have changed. I tried calling IBCC but no one ever picks up any call (their office is now on University Road btw).

For IBCC:

- Take O/Alevel originals, copies of both, NIC copy, Passport PIC
- Fill the form and deposit the Challan at a nearby bank (I think its 2000 per foreign qualification with marks). Does anyone have any specifics on the form? There's one given on their website, do we have to just submit one collectively for O/Alevels or is this only for A/levels but we need to bring O-levels because thats a prereq for Alevels (/secondary education) equivalence?
- Submit all of these, take the receipt, and wait 15-20 days,
- Get the equivalence and originals back, and submit the equivalence for verification
- Submit the form/deposit the Challan for this (+2 verified copies).
- Get the original verified equivalence and 2 verified copies of equivalence back.
- Ask IBCC to seal and stamp the verified copy.

For HEC:

- These days, only the TCS service is being offered
- Submit degree, transcript, 2 copies of each, NIC copy through TCS and give them a separate envelope for attested copies
- Pay the amount at the TCS express branch and ask them to get the attested copies sealed and stamped

Once you get both of these sealed and stamped envelopes back, you can submit both of these together via a postal service (right?) I am assuming none of these actually require the WES reference except the last step when you are mailing it to them.

Would really appreciate if anyone could verify this.

Thank you!

Saba sabir

Sep 12, 2020
Hi, this thread has been the most helpful in figuring out the process for o/a levels certificate holders. Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences.

Can someone please also let me know if the IBCC is open these days or if they've gotten any procredures done from there lately, since they never pick up their calls! (By these days I mean the lockdown situation)

bochobo

Sep 8, 2020
Hi, this thread has been the most helpful in figuring out the process for o/a levels certificate holders. Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences.

Can someone please also let me know if the IBCC is open these days or if they've gotten any procredures done from there lately, since they never pick up their calls! (By these days I mean the lockdown situation)
Just a heads up. They are open but are only taking documents through TCS. The staff is so incompetent though, they dont tell you things properly. I was wondering how one would go about getting it attested, verified and sealed/stamped through TCS considering how it was done manually before. No one ever picks up a call either.

bochobo

Sep 8, 2020
Just a heads up. They are open but are only taking documents through TCS. The staff is so incompetent though, they dont tell you things properly. I was wondering how one would go about getting it attested, verified and sealed/stamped through TCS considering how it was done manually before. No one ever picks up a call either.
A further (and better) heads up. I emailed them a few times and I got a lovely email today that the higher secondary education documents no longer need to be sent. So it's only HEC attestation now - as it should be. Cheers

Saba sabir

Sep 12, 2020
A further (and better) heads up. I emailed them a few times and I got a lovely email today that the higher secondary education documents no longer need to be sent. So it's only HEC attestation now - as it should be. Cheers
Wow that sounds amazing. Did you go through the process then without the higher secondary education documents? Would be great if you could confirm!

bochobo

Sep 8, 2020
Wow that sounds amazing. Did you go through the process then without the higher secondary education documents? Would be great if you could confirm!
I did, without the higher secondary education requirements. Just the attested copies of degree and transcript sealed by HEC, that I mailed to WES myself via TCS.

gr8ninja18

Oct 5, 2020
The information is for O and A level Students Getting WES ICAP
Admission condition for Masters was to get WES ICAP or ICAS Postsecondary Comprehensive Assessment Report for BS degree.
Chose IBCC route for O and A levels.
I wrote the following details in the application.
A levels
Institution: Institution Name mentioned on A level Certificates
Type of Education: Secondary Education
Diploma/Certificate: Higher Secondary School Certificate of Pakistan
Major: Not Specified
Year Awarded: “Year Awarded”
O-Levels
Institution: Institution Name mentioned on O level Certificates
Type of Education: Secondary Education
Diploma/Certificate: Secondary School Certificate of Pakistan
Major: Not Specified
Year Awarded: “Year Awarded”
Rest I followed the exact same procedure mentioned in the post and got the WES ICAP.