Not Needed
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-2016
LANDED..........
Jan 2016
Hi All,
I have been browsing on the forum over this issue of O and A levels candidate’s application for WES ECA. I didnt get any complete answers from the forum. But now since my ECA process has been completed and report has been dispatched I’m writing the complete procedure to help my fellow beings as a token of Sadqa-e-Jaria. This is for O and A levels candidates from Pakistan (especially for Karachiites but I think it would be same throughout Pakistan) . I would keep the discussion relevant to my case which is quite typical; O and A levels from Karachi and then a 4 years bachelor’s degree from Karachi as well. So here is the complete process:
1. First and foremost, keep this very fact in your mind that you just need to send 2 envelopes to WES. Both of these envelopes should have 2 docs each. That is in total you have to send 4 docs or copies (No originals)
2. Envelope #1: This envelope should have 2 photo copies; Attested O levels equivalency from IBCC Karachi and attested A levels equivalency from IBCC Karachi. Below is the procedure for getting an equivalency:
a. Just go to IBCC Karachi at 9 am (it’s a small counter at Inter board Karachi- the guy’s name at the counter is Ovais).
b. Take your Original O and A levels certificates, your passport size pic, NIC, also 2 copies each for all these docs. Don’t forget to take the photocopies of these docs.
c. Ovais will give you an application form and 2 green color bank challans (remember 2 bank challans, one for O levels and the other for A levels) of PKR 1500/each.
d. Fill the form and go to HBL bank outside inter board and submit the PKR 3000 fee (1500 each) for both equivalencies.
e. Come back to the IBCC counter and submit the filled form, the original docs and 1 copy each.
f. So to sum up, you ll have to submit the form, O and A Levels original docs and a copy for each, your nic copy and a photo.
g. Ovais will give a receipt that he has kept your original docs and that you ll have to come after 20 business days to collect the equivalencies and the original docs. Usually it’s less than 20 days, so if you live nearby inter board, you can come and check after 10 or 15 days.
h. At the time of collection, collect your original docs and 2 equivalences (O and A levels).
i. Now when you collect your original equivalencies, tell Ovais that you need to get these equivalencies and a copy for each verified/attested. I reiterate that this O and A level equivalencies are not verified, so you need to get them and their copies verified.
j. He will give you bank challans according to your requirement. Take bank challans (I think it would be one for getting original equivalencies verified that is PKR 300 which is for PKR 150 per doc and PKR 300 more which is for PKR 150 each for photocopies ). So a total of PKR 900 has to be spent more for it.
k. Pay the bank challans and get 2 copies of equivalencies for both O and A levels.
l. Come back to the counter and give the original equivalencies, 4copies of equivalencies (2 each per doc; they will keep 2 copies for their own record and will attest the other 2 for you), your nic copy and your passport size pic.
m. Ovais will give you a receiving that you have submitted your 2 original docs (O and A levels equivalencies) and that you have to come after 3 business days.
n. After 3 days when you come back to collect your docs; you ll get both the original equivalencies attested and verified at the back (with a sticker embossed and stamp of Assistant secretary Muhammad Ejaz Ahsan)and 2 similar copies of O and A Levels equivalencies attested like the originals. Keep the originals with you.
o. The 2 attested copies are the key and these are the ones for the 1st envelope that I mentioned in point #1.
p. Now there is a common misconception that you have to take these copies to secretary office and to room no 14 to a guy called Hassan and submit there with a pay order of PKR 1500. But this is wrong for O and O levels candidates.
q. Tell Owais that I need to get both of these 2 attested copies (O and A levels) sealed in an envelope with the stamps of Assistant secretary. He will whine over it that we won’t do it but here is where you have to show your friendliness with Ovais, after all by now he might have known you after so many visits. Getting the envelopes sealed is the main key here. He will agree, but in case he doesn’t, go to room 14, there is guys called Hassan and tell him your story. But the IBCC guy will for sure get your docs sealed. You will have to get it sealed from there at all cost.
r. Take the sealed envelope to a courier service and write the address of WES Canada on the back of the envelope and give to the courier guy.
s. Since I didnt feel the urgency to send the docs, I sent them via Pakistan post (2 words for Pakistan post- it’s AWESOME and CHEAP). Again there is a common misconception about Pakistan post, but now it has evolved itself and it is the most reliable service in Pakistan. You ll get the envelope posted in just PKR 150. Send it via registered option where they give you a tracking ID which starts with “RA” or “RB”.
t. To put this part in a nutshell, you ll have to send an envelope having just 2 attested copies of your O and A levels equivalency to WES Canada

3. Envelope # 2: This envelope again should have 2 docs that are 2 copies of Your HEC recognized degree and transcript. The entire procedure is for documents attestation is on HECs website
Some key points are as follows:
a. Go early to the HEC office Karachi at around 730 am. Don’t sit on the chairs. The officer will come and will ask to make line near the desk, so you ll have to run and make lines whenever he comes. Just get yourself seated near the desk.
b. Take your original equivalencies at the time of docs’ submission. You ll have to submit that. It’s a requirement on HEC website
c. After 5 days when you ll get the both degree and transcript and their copies verified, get both the copies to the equivalency counter in HEC. The equivalency counter is just beside the main counter. Ask the guy at the counter to get the 2 attested copies (degree and transcript) sealed in an envelope.
d. The 2 attested copies are the key and these are the ones for the 2nd envelope that I mentioned in point #1.
e. Take the envelope to Pakistan post office and write WES Canada address on the back and get it posted via registered option with a tracking ID.
4. How to track your tracking ID: The tracking ID which you recieved from Pakistan Post can be tracked via the Pakistan post website. Enter your tracking number and you ll see the status of your item. When the item is dispatched to Canada, you can track it from Canada post website. When the item has been delivered to WES you can check whether or not they have received your package from WES website. There is an option of Track your package over there. Enter your tracking ID there and it will confirm whether they have received it or not
5. How long does it take from Pakistan post to get the envelopes delivered? 10 days: 3 days from Pakistan , 3 days at the customs in Canada and intercity travel of your item and finally 1 day to reach WES office.
6. Your status will be updated “Documents received – review in progress”. And after 10 days it will update to “Evaluation in progress”. And after 3 to 4 days it will update to “Completed- Order Report, Upgrade report”. And a confirmation email will be send to you as well.
7. I sent my docs on 14th July. They were received by WES on 25th July. On 7th August my process has been completed Alhamdulillah.
Summary: 2 envelopes to WES: Envelope # 1 – 2 copies of attested O and A levels equivalencies from IBCC, Envelope #2 – 2 attested copies of degree and transcript from HEC. I repeat no original docs should be send to WES. No originals!!!
So I hope I have kept the process simple and easy to understand. If you think I have missed out anything, drop me an email at muhammadakberansari@yahoo.com. Ill be there to help.

auh_ab

Star Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LV
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
subitted with application
Good work... thanks for posting in detail

Myself hve done o and A... bt later i did my mba and bba from pvt uni khi. So cant choose wes so went for icas.

Waiting for their response. I too went through a long process.... i will update here once i receive the report

affan_123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Pakistan post? Dear, dont want to say anything on this but better is to go with dhl. Three days only and your parcel is delivered to the said address.

Akberansari

Star Member
May 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2015
Doc's Request.
20-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-12-2015
AOR Received.
29-02-2016
Med's Done....
01-03-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-2016
LANDED..........
Jan 2016
@affan,
You can opt for DHL obviously. But that cost money . Via Pakistan post you can get your parcel delivered in just PKR 150. Like I said , you can track it through their website and on canadapost website as well. In my case , I didnt have urgency and had a good experience. So if its not urgent and you want to save money and you know that you can track your parcel, go for Pakistan post :)

Regards
Akber

ZeeshanBaig

Aug 19, 2015
Thanks a lot Akberansari for providing this valuable information as WES site is very ill-documented regarding O/A-level candidates for Pakistan.
I am from Lahore and I followed your steps and got the attested photocopies of equivalences for o/a-level certificates but when I asked them to seal them the ibcc person just stamped the envelope with a IBCC Despatcher stamp across the envelope flaps and glued it shut...no seals involved in preparing the envelope like HEC does and stamps it on the seals.

Also I wanted to ask that do we have to send a WES application form as well with the documents...the one that WES has provided for secondary education

I am on the verge of sending the documents but am in a fix regarding these two points(sealing and WES application form)

Please can you guide me regarding this.

Regards
Zeeshan

Akberansari

Star Member
May 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2015
Doc's Request.
20-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-12-2015
AOR Received.
29-02-2016
Med's Done....
01-03-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-2016
LANDED..........
Jan 2016
Hi Zeeshan,

Regarding your question on IBCC sealed envelope, do get the envelope sealed with tape on the flap and stamps on the tapes. That's important in WES guideline for required document. Ask the IBCC guy to seal it, just whine over it and get it sealed. You have to get the flaps taped and stamped. Thats important.

Second, no you dont have to send this form "Academic Records Request Form" with the documents. If you have read the WES required documents guidelines, it says that this form is just optional. Like I mentioned in my thread just 2 envolopes having 2 copies in it and thats it. Just write your WES reference number clearly on the back of the envelope.

So yeah no need for that "Academic Records Request Form".

Let me know if you have clarity on it.

Regards
Akber

sttaq

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
Salam,

Thanks a lot for sharing this info.

Did you post the O/A level certificates yourself or did you request IBCC to send them? I just wanted to confirm - as about these, i.e. secondary education documents, it is specifically mentioned on the WES website that

"To be sent directly to WES by the Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education. Documents must be verified by the Controller of Examinations."

Although, technically whoever sends the documents should make no difference as long as the envelope is sealed.

Regards

Akberansari

Star Member
May 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2015
Doc's Request.
20-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-12-2015
AOR Received.
29-02-2016
Med's Done....
01-03-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-2016
LANDED..........
Jan 2016
Wsalam,
You have answered your question yourself in the last line. I got the envelopes sealed and signed from the IBCC secretary and posted it myself. On the seal, there is a stamp which says that the dispatcher is IBCC. It doesnt make any difference if you or IBCC sends it, if its sealed and signed and stamped properly. IBCC wont send it so you have to post it.

Regards
Akber

osamafz

Oct 11, 2015
Hi guys i am in a serious dilemma. I did O /A levels in 2000-2001 and also got ibcc equivalencies the same year without any issues. The issue now is all my O /A level certificates and IBCc inter/matric equivalencies are hard laminated. How to get my ibcc attestations now as I m applying for masters and need to submit these to Wes.

I heard IBCc no longer entertains plastic coated certificates. What to do now? I also tried to take off the plastic by visiting local photocopy shops in khi but they said laminations cant be removed without spoliing the certificate. One shop in Water pump area (khi) said they can remove the back plastic only so that it can be verified. Do u think its ok to remove the back plastic at least from my ibcc before taking it to board office for attestation. Ofcourse they should hv previous records saved in a database ....wat do u guys recommend

Plz respond soon

Akberansari

Star Member
May 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2015
Doc's Request.
20-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-12-2015
AOR Received.
29-02-2016
Med's Done....
01-03-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-2016
LANDED..........
Jan 2016
Hard lamination is done by the institute which gives you the certificate/ degree. There is always one patch that they leave on the back of the certificate without lamination. This is for the attestation purpose. My BS degree was also hard laminated but there was one patch they left for attestation, so HEC attested it on the back.

Check if this is in your case. If not then first ask IBCC if they can attest it on the back. If they say yes, then get the lamination cut from the back , where nothing is printed.

Dont take lamination out cause, it will take the ink out as well. Dont risk it.

Regarrds
Akber

osamafz

Oct 11, 2015
Hey I would be really grateful if you could help me fill up the HEC
form regarding O/A levels

Regarding O levels and A level students , what do we need to write in HEC form

as for example I wrote the following. is that ok

LEVEL…HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL CERTIFICATE
PROGRAM….A LEVEL
FIELD OF STUDY….A LEVEL
BOARD …….UNIVERSITY OF CAMBRIDGE , UK ( I am confused here… or should
i write IBCC...my IBCC equivalence mentioned ``required subjects from
University of Cambridge, U.K. is considered equivalent to HSSC
-Pre-Medicine of (Pakistan) )
Country…Pakistan
Division ( whats that...i just wrote 1st as i got straight As )
MARKS ( do i enter marks as wriiten in my IBCC EQUIVALENCE (out of 1100) )

Please advise

thanks

osamafz

Oct 11, 2015
And lastly
Do I need to get my official KU transcript attested by HEC too or they will just attest photocopy of it.
I went to KU regarding transcript verification but they said its already checked and verified and stamped so no need to verify the original but just get the photocopy attested . So do I need to show the original and KU attested photocopy ( or just the original KU transcript )to HEC for attesting my transcript photocopy.
Does the HEC attest original transcripts too like they attest original degrees or I just show them original KU stamped transcript and they will attest its photocopy for me.

Your advice will make life awesome for me .
Regards

Akberansari

Star Member
May 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2015
Doc's Request.
20-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-12-2015
AOR Received.
29-02-2016
Med's Done....
01-03-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-2016
LANDED..........
Jan 2016
Regarding HEC, the instructions are given on there website. While filling that form mention your IBCC equivalence thing. In division, I guess its the % thats given on your equivalence certificate. You dont have to be extra careful and specific. just fill the form online. Its government office. They do not care what you have entered in your online form. Its just that the certificates should match with online filling of the form. Dont be so meticulous about filling the online thing

Regarding your KU degree and transcript, make sure they are attested by HEC. There must be an embossed stikcer on your degree from HEC. Check on it or on its back. If not then, as per the protocol, you would have to get the original and copy both attested. Original is to be kept with you, and attested copy to be sent to WES in the sealed envelope from HEC.

Regards
Akber

osamafz

Oct 11, 2015
Hi concerned

Hope you are well.
Man, I am in shock as today when I went to collect my attestations (of original IBCC equivalencies and photocopies) I was told that since my IBCC certificate was issued from Islamabad they cant do it as they have no record of certificates issued in 2001.
I met Ovais who said to return all docs with karachi apllication n voucher that I submitted to ibcc khi to IBCC islamabad. Now I am confused what to do. Do I make a fresh apllication for Islamabad or just send all docs with karachi ibcc (bank voucher paid) to Isalamabad. No one was abke to guide me. I called IBCC islamabad but they illiterate guy on tththrphone kept hanging up. After attempting for over an hour when my call finally went through the guy just said (i want to talk to Ijaaz Saheb who will send it himself) when i insisted Ijaz Saheb told me to send all docs with karachi application to islamabad he said bring all docs in person to islamabad and hanged up.

How to deal with this crisis .IHow Iill I make them seal docs for WES . If islamabad ibcc attests n verifies my equivalence the karachi office wont seal it for me. Or do I need Islamabad sealed envelope or they hv to send it themselves. I m seriously confused and shocked what to do next.

Troubled

Akberansari

Star Member
May 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2015
Doc's Request.
20-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-12-2015
AOR Received.
29-02-2016
Med's Done....
01-03-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-2016
LANDED..........
Jan 2016
Hi Osama,
Sorry to hear about this. Did you make your equivalence from Islamabad ? If yes then, they are right in saying to get them attested from Islamabad.

Just go to that IBCC guy and plead him to get it sealed. Or get it sealed from someone in IBCC

Now you have the option of getting O/A levels certficate verfiied from British council. The process is on their website

They will charge you about PKR 3500 per doc. Their fee is on their website as well. This way you ll also get your Secondary and Higher Secondary assessed in the ECA report.

Or you can go and quietly try your luck at HEC office by taking your unattested equivalence and their copies.

Regards
Akber