+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA - IIM Post Graduate Diploma

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
Hi Friends,
This forum gives incredible energy to work towards the goal of getting that elusive ITA :)
I've just started the process of being ready for Express Entry profile creation. My own IELTS done, waiting for results. Spouse to take IELTS in early June. Currently applying for both our transcripts and will then send to ECA. I've couple of questions in this regard:
1. Realistically, I can see myself creating the EE profile only by end-June/early July and the best case CRS score for me can be 434. What will be the chances of getting ITA with that kind of score in second half of 2018?
2. I have a full-time 2 year Post Graduate Diploma in Management equivalent to MBA from Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Since they are not a university, they cannot confer a degree. Does anyone here have experience if WES ECA considers this equivalent to Master's degree. If not my CRS will be down to low 420s.

Thanks,
Samik

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
Hi Friends,
This forum gives incredible energy to work towards the goal of getting that elusive ITA :)
I've just started the process of being ready for Express Entry profile creation. My own IELTS done, waiting for results. Spouse to take IELTS in early June. Currently applying for both our transcripts and will then send to ECA. I've couple of questions in this regard:
1. Realistically, I can see myself creating the EE profile only by end-June/early July and the best case CRS score for me can be 434. What will be the chances of getting ITA with that kind of score in second half of 2018?
2. I have a full-time 2 year Post Graduate Diploma in Management equivalent to MBA from Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Since they are not a university, they cannot confer a degree. Does anyone here have experience if WES ECA considers this equivalent to Master's degree. If not my CRS will be down to low 420s.

Thanks,
Samik
Hi Friends,
Anyone having idea, can you please reply to my questions, especially the second one.

Lots of thanks in advance

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi Friends,
Anyone having idea, can you please reply to my questions, especially the second one.

Lots of thanks in advance
These are the cut off trends: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/rounds-invitations/results-previous.html

Sami you should request WES to evaluate your Masters, worst case they may recognize it either as a diploma or another bachelor's degree.
in case they do that, you can claim points for 2 bachelor's degree

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
These are the cut off trends: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/rounds-invitations/results-previous.html

Sami you should request WES to evaluate your Masters, worst case they may recognize it either as a diploma or another bachelor's degree.
in case they do that, you can claim points for 2 bachelor's degree
Thanks mate, today you're on a mission to answer all my unanswered queries on this forum, brilliant :p :)
Yeah for the cut-off, I have much better idea now as I've been following the last 3 ROH threads and sometimes contributing as well!
As for WES ECA, guess I've to wait and see. As it is, WES has put it on hold as they've apparently sent request to IIMC for verification of my credentials :(
We're having discussion in the below thread, as multiple people are suddenly facing this issue from yesterday, see if you can advise anything over there :D

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/wes-timeline-for-2018.546104/page-27#post-6994531

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Thanks mate, today you're on a mission to answer all my unanswered queries on this forum, brilliant :p :)
Yeah for the cut-off, I have much better idea now as I've been following the last 3 ROH threads and sometimes contributing as well!
As for WES ECA, guess I've to wait and see. As it is, WES has put it on hold as they've apparently sent request to IIMC for verification of my credentials :(
We're having discussion in the below thread, as multiple people are suddenly facing this issue from yesterday, see if you can advise anything over there :D

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/wes-timeline-for-2018.546104/page-27#post-6994531
Sam that is normal process.

In my spouse case the Mater/PG Diploma from Gujarat Univ was equated to Bachelors of 4 years. That allowed us to select 2 bachelors degrees and claim some points in the EE profile

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/dual-bachelors-degree-4-years.489987/#post-6994866

Last edited:
Reactions: samikdg

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018

Naa no comments to add as I have no experience for WES stuck issues

dguptaxlri

Mar 19, 2018
@samikdg, I am also facing the same issue. I did PGDM from XLRI. I had also sent the official note which says that PGDM is recognized by AICTE as equivalent to MBA from Indian universities but that didn't help. There are many who faced similar issue earlier but then got it corrected somehow. Please let me know if you have any update on how to go about this.

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
@samikdg, I am also facing the same issue. I did PGDM from XLRI. I had also sent the official note which says that PGDM is recognized by AICTE as equivalent to MBA from Indian universities but that didn't help. There are many who faced similar issue earlier but then got it corrected somehow. Please let me know if you have any update on how to go about this.
What is the issue you're facing - WES not considering XLRI PGDM as Master's or is your application put 'On Hold'? If it is the latter, please follow the thread below to understand. Basically you've to follow up with WES to send VDR email to correct email ID of XLRI and then get them to send the verification email to specified email ID of WES.
If it is former, my ECA due date is 18th July, so I will be able to update you by today evening. :)
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/wes-eca-status-on-hold.564890/

dguptaxlri

Mar 19, 2018
@samikdg, it is the former one. They have evaluated it as diploma (one year) which is ridiculous. A simple MBA from tier-3 institutions will be equivalent to Masters if it is from a university according to their logic but not so if it is from autonomous institutions like IIM/XL etc.

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
@samikdg, it is the former one. They have evaluated it as diploma (one year) which is ridiculous. A simple MBA from tier-3 institutions will be equivalent to Masters if it is from a university according to their logic but not so if it is from autonomous institutions like IIM/XL etc.
That's very strange...I know people on this forum who have got Master's equivalency for PGDM from IIMB and IMT Ghaziabad as recently as last month. What is your graduation degree/duration? And I'm assuming your PGDM is 2-year full-time

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
Just got my ECA, it is evaluated as Master's :)

dguptaxlri

Mar 19, 2018
@samikdg, yes dude, full-time, congrats on your evaluation...what additional documents you had to send? Even my batch-mates have got Master's equivalency after sharing the AICTE letter saying PGDM is equivalent to MBA from Indian University. I too have shared the same but got a very strange response from them. Have escalated the matter again, let's wait.

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
@samikdg, yes dude, full-time, congrats on your evaluation...what additional documents you had to send? Even my batch-mates have got Master's equivalency after sharing the AICTE letter saying PGDM is equivalent to MBA from Indian University. I too have shared the same but got a very strange response from them. Have escalated the matter again, let's wait.
I didn't send any document other than the mandatory ones. Transcripts in sealed and stamped envelopes and the degree copies.

Akots

Nov 6, 2018
Hello Samik, what is the procedure to get transcripts from IIMC in the prescribed closed envelope format? I am also a PGDM alumnus from IIMC. Also, did you put any extra efforts for our PGDM to be considered as an MBA by WES?

rashiarora93

Feb 9, 2019

Hey @dguptaxlri , @samikdg

I completed my full time PGDM from SPJIMR in 2014. Facing the same issue, PGDM got evaluated as a 4 year bachelor's degree. Did you get your WES ECA rectified? If yes, how?

Last edited: