+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA for UK Top Up Degrees, HND, BCS (HEQ) and UK MBA

Nash87

Nov 14, 2020
Previous diploma was one year levle 7 pgd(120 credits) , followed by 6 months topup master from edge hill uni, topup master has 180 credits
Hi,
Did you manage to get eca done for your top up masters, how was the report like. I too have a pgde, and planning to do a top up masters

Nash87

Nov 14, 2020
Hi @mona247
Please advise me, I have some queries.
I have completed by bachelors and pgde (from state University) and my projected crs is 457.
However I have checked with an institute for top up MBA and they have given me exception for my pgde and said completing the thesis would suffice to gain the masters qualification.
I'm confused if I should send the bachelor and pgde to WES now and get the ECA done and open the EE profile and stay in the pool and continue with my thesis and then upon completion of thesis, get the ECA done again and add points after that.
I know I will have to pay to wes TWICE if I do like that
Or is it better to complete the top up and send everything to WES all at once after 6 months.i feel it's better to enter the pool earlier with this score. What is your opinion. Plz reply

Diva123

Nov 22, 2020
Hi @AyoT please did you do the OTHM Qualification course too and have you been able to get it evaluated by WES?

thank you in advance

Chernobyl

Dec 15, 2020
Hi everyone.
I am currently completing the OTHM L6 dip in Business Management which is 120 credits.
Assuming that this course is accepted by WES, I’m quite confident it is, as OTHM told me their programs are recognized and it’s also listed on Ofqual site (both OTHM and L6 program).
My concern is, since I completed this in six months, the education section of the express entry profile asks something along the lines of the program being minimum one year! But - I did this qualification in six months and is likely to get evaluated as a three year program by WES.
Would IRCC reject this qualification due to it being completed in just six months, despite being evaluated as a three year course by WES?

Diva123

Nov 22, 2020
Hi everyone.
I am currently completing the OTHM L6 dip in Business Management which is 120 credits.
Assuming that this course is accepted by WES, I’m quite confident it is, as OTHM told me their programs are recognized and it’s also listed on Ofqual site (both OTHM and L6 program).
My concern is, since I completed this in six months, the education section of the express entry profile asks something along the lines of the program being minimum one year! But - I did this qualification in six months and is likely to get evaluated as a three year program by WES.
Would IRCC reject this qualification due to it being completed in just six months, despite being evaluated as a three year course by WES?
Hi
Your WES report won’t state that the program was completed in 6 months. What IRCC recognizes is your ECA and your ECA would state that it is equivalent to ‘one year’ course in Canada at the minimum. Remember WES also evaluates professional exams such as ACCA as equivalent to one year courses in Canada and these exams are written within 3 to 4 months.
Simply put, what IRCC focuses on when it says minimum of one year, is the Canadian equivalence.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: Chernobyl

Chernobyl

Dec 15, 2020
Hi
Your WES report won’t state that the program was completed in 6 months. What IRCC recognizes is your ECA and your ECA would state that it is equivalent to ‘one year’ course in Canada at the minimum. Remember WES also evaluates professional exams such as ACCA as equivalent to one year courses in Canada and these exams are written within 3 to 4 months.
Simply put, what IRCC focuses on when it says minimum of one year, is the Canadian equivalence.
Hope this helps.
Thanks - very helpful

thundabolt_

Oct 30, 2020
Now I’m so worried

yes I hope it gets evaluated
Hi @mona247
Please I am in a state of flux, there is a high possibility that WES will evaluate my diploma to show non-recognized institution (it happened to someone) what can I do to salvage this? and my second question will be if not, what institution do you recommend I begin another program with(so gutted)

thundabolt_

Oct 30, 2020
Hi @mona247
Please I am in a state of flux, there is a high possibility that WES will evaluate my diploma to show non-recognized institution (it happened to someone) what can I do to salvage this? and my second question will be if not, what institution do you recommend I begin another program with(so gutted)
Hi @mona247
Just a follow-up question on this,
Please I wanted to ask if it's possible to merge two ECA's from different bodies. What I mean by that is my undergraduate degree is evaluated by WES but my postgraduate diploma evaluated by IQAS or another body (for example)
If YES, what ECA body do you suggest I approach for evaluating my diploma.

Thank you so much

Chernobyl

Dec 15, 2020
How about any OTHM program
if your asking about recognition, I checked the Ofqual site and OTHM programs are listed as regulated qualifications. I believe they should be recognized by WES, since it’s recognized by Ofqual. Also - I called OTHM and they said their qualifications are recognized by WES. So I think it should be ok. Also - I read somewhere here by a person called Mona - who has done OTHM and it has got recognized.

Chernobyl

Dec 15, 2020
Hi @mona247
you have to hope that the awarding body is OTHM and not MSBM. If it’s OTHM - you should be fine. Credits have no value if the awarding body is unrecognized. I was in a really bad position, because I did 240 credits HND awarded by a local institute which was Pearson Assured (not Pearson awarded, no transcript from Pearson) and the WES report came back as Non Recognized Institution. Again - it’s the awarding body that matters the most. So I suggest you call the institute and ask them point blank and Confirm it on email (so that you can sue them later) that the awarding body is unconditionally OTHM and not MSBM, and also ask them the WES process when you graduate, that is, who will be sending the certificates, is it OTHM or MSBM.. if they say MSBM - you should be a bit worried I think..

Chernobyl

Dec 15, 2020
Hi everyone, I’m asking this question on behalf of a friend.

He completed his WES process recently, and both institutes have been recognized.

The ECA summary only says “Four Years Bachelors degree”.. but his HND which has been recognized as being equivalent to two years and is from a recognized institution has not been listed in the summary section.

So is he still able to apply for two or more certificates? Or should he only list the degree given it’s the only qualification that appears in the summary section?

Chernobyl

Dec 15, 2020
Also just posting here in case this might help others;

I completed a top up degree from Northumbria University in 10months in Banking and Finance (120 credits) via distance learning - and it has been evaluated as being equivalent to a four year degree.
But unfortunately- my HND which was Pearson assured was not recognized. My advice for all is to steer clear of Pearson assured programs.

Chernobyl

Dec 15, 2020
Guys,

Need help.....
Currently undergoing MSc in Project Management in Cardiff Met (CMU).
Anybody who knows if this is recognized as a Masters in Canada ?????

Please help

Regards,
Nadeeraka
Cardiff Met should be recognized. I think you should be ok. As long as the awarding body is ofqual recognized you should be fine (which Cardiff Met is). My friend did the distance MBA from Cardiff met and it was recognized.

junaidstar

Oct 10, 2016
Khobar
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Karachi
NOC Code......
Guys, I am intending to enroll into an MBA top-up distant-learning from University of Chichester UK with OTHM Level7 diploma in Project Management. Does any one know, will this MBA degree from University of Chichester be evaluated as Canadian Masters from WES, ICES or IQAS ?