+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA for UK Top Up Degrees, HND, BCS (HEQ) and UK MBA

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hey its the OTHM level 7 diploma in accounting and finance.

I have CIMA completed
1)The one you mentioned should be fine.. one year Canadian college diploma. You can claim points for two or more certificates. But a word of caution please note the course is not easy. The level 7 assignments are as of a masters degree level and it's not possible to do the course within one year.

2 )CIMA what have you done?

Feelings92

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Hey guys,
I have a question I had my eduqual extended post graduate diploma which comes to uk level 7 , before that I passed my 6 papers in Acca which makes level 6 of Uk and before that I had HDA in accounting which makes level 5 of Uk , if I sent these documents to Wes any idea what equivalency I will get for this , will it be 3 year degree or just 1 year degree in express entry ?

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Your level 6 should be evaluated as a degree and level 7 as one year college diploma.

Keep us posted about the outcome.

Karansharma88

Feb 29, 2020
Hi guys I’m in a dilemma, and need help. Have a level 7 BTEC certificate from UK followed by top up MBA. I had only sent WES my MBA degree which they say is incomplete and has only 1 subject. So now I’m sending my level 7 BTEC transcript as well. But while making my WES profile I had mentioned that I’ve done MBA, but it’s actually a top up MBA. Will this create confusion or when they receive my level 7 BTEC certificate it will be sorted? Will I need to change in WES profile that I have also done Level 7 BTEC ?? Or is that understood that it’s with the MBA top up degree? Pls help.

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi guys I’m in a dilemma, and need help. Have a level 7 BTEC certificate from UK followed by top up MBA. I had only sent WES my MBA degree which they say is incomplete and has only 1 subject. So now I’m sending my level 7 BTEC transcript as well. But while making my WES profile I had mentioned that I’ve done MBA, but it’s actually a top up MBA. Will this create confusion or when they receive my level 7 BTEC certificate it will be sorted? Will I need to change in WES profile that I have also done Level 7 BTEC ?? Or is that understood that it’s with the MBA top up degree? Pls help.
Take a chill pill, your Canadian equivalency will show as masters. WES has asked your the level 7 diploma subjects to verify if you have achieved 120 Uk credits.

Dont do anything to your WES profile as of now, just keep following up with WES and inform them on calls or WES forms thats its a top up MBA which is usually the case in the UK (WES is aware about it)

Reactions: Barkook
Mar 2, 2020
Hi guys,

Would really appreciate your help please!

I am preparing to move to Canada. However firstly I need to complete my education.

I am currently living and working in Dubai. I have been in touch with UWS

The University of West Scotland branch here in Dubai to start/finish my education.

I didn’t finish high school nor have I got any undergraduate qualification. Thus I need to finish my high school first and then I can apply/start my undergrad.

I am 30 years now and have been working for the past 11 years.

UWS have suggested to me

OPTION 1:-

First complete my Level 3 (high school).

Once done I can then do my

Level 4 and Level 5. This will be done through OTHM Qualifications UK.

Level 3 = 60 UK Credits (OTHM)

Level 4 = 120 UK Credits (OTHM)

Level 5 = 120 UK Credits (OTHM)

And once these are all completed I can then move onto doing my

Bachelors Level 6 = 120 UK Credits (UWS)

OPTION 2:-

UWS have also informed me that I can complete my Level 3 first and I can then move straight onto my Bachelors Level 6.

Skipping Level 4 & Level 5 because the UWS will take into consideration all my years of experience as a prerequisite for me to go ahead and start my Bachelors.

My questions are:

1. Is The University of West Scotland a university that is recognised in Canada?
  2. Which option is the best route to take considering the point system when applying to Canada?
  3. Can I complete my Level 3 and then move straight into my Bachelors? Or rather will WES recognize my work experience as a replacement for Level 4 & Level 5. As I have been told by University of West Scotland (branch here is Dubai) that they will accept my work experience as my transfer of credits, thus I don’t need to do the Level 4 & Level 5 and go straight forward with my bachelors.
  4. Are there any other UK universities here in Dubai that you can also refer me to?

Sorry for the long post, rather have more information than not. Plus I really do need to be 100% sure of everything before I commit to something that won’t benefit me in my application/points to get to Canada.

Any help will be truly appreciated!

Thank you,

Warm regards

Donna

Barkook

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Hi, I had my PG Diploma assessed a few days ago and thought I'd share my results for people who were in my place some time ago.
BTEC Postgraduate Diploma from Pearson through a management school in Sharjah, UAE. It was weekly lecture and assignments-based diploma that took around 10 months for me to complete.

Name: BTEC Level 7 Extended Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership - 120 Credits.

WES Assessment: College-level postgraduate certificate (one year)

Good luck everyone!

waoooly

Apr 1, 2020
Hello @Barkook
I have completed the same program from Qualifi and got my assessment as a Postgraduate Diploma (one year)
I did the course in Saudi Arabia, but my WES report mentions the UK as country of study since Qualifi is a UK institution
My question is when I update my profile with this credential, what should I mention as Country and City of study?

Thank you

Barkook

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Hello @Barkook
I have completed the same program from Qualifi and got my assessment as a Postgraduate Diploma (one year)
I did the course in Saudi Arabia, but my WES report mentions the UK as country of study since Qualifi is a UK institution
My question is when I update my profile with this credential, what should I mention as Country and City of study?

Thank you
Hi @waoooly,
I've personally put down the country of education as UAE. From what I've read if you choose to put the country as UK you will be asked to provide UK PCC since they assume you were there physically.

Barkook

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Thank you @Barkook what about the mode of study did you select part time or full time?
Of course, my pleasure. I have selected part-time since I am also showing work experience during my studies. I don't believe it makes a great difference but I would search the forums/CIC site to be 100% sure. Going to look into it some more right now

NayomiK

Apr 24, 2020
Hello members. Creating this thread to discuss and clarify concerns with regards to WES ECA for the following:
  • Pearson BTEC HNC/HND (QCF Level 5/ Level 4)
  • UK Top Up Degrees (Level 6 120 Credits)
  • BCS (HEQ) qualifications (including BCS Dip/PGD Project)
  • MBA/ Masters Degrees completed in UK or partner universities (Level 7)
Hope this would be useful!!!!
Hello, I have a OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management which is 120 credits. What will be the WES equivalency for the above qualification? I have not yet completed the top up MBA. Thank you in advance for your kind help

asistla

Oct 19, 2019
Hi,

Need some info reg WES ECA for my Msc.
I have recently completed my MSC from LJMU (8 months thesis), which is a top up course for my 1 year PG Diploma course from India. LJMU did award me total of 180 credits, 70 for thesis and 110 credits converted from 1 year PGD which shows only 36 credits in their transcripts. Will this make a successful ECA? anyone has similar background and got successful?

Reactions: uditrawat23