+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA for UK Top Up Degrees, HND, BCS (HEQ) and UK MBA

Jan 18, 2023
I have completed the first 2 years of my Bachelor's degree in China, then completed my final year in England. However, after graduating, the university in England only supplied me with transcripts from the final year which only shows:
  • A list of the courses I studied in the final year along with the grades
  • Total credits: 120
  • Qualification awarded: Bachelor of Science in Computing
  • Degree classification: Second Class Honours Division Two (2:2)
It does not mention anything about my past two years of studying and the university did not agree to give me any document that proves that I transferred those courses.
I would like to know if I can just submit the final year transcripts and the bachelor degree certificate from the UK university to World Education Services (WES), and not mention anything about studying in China, to obtain the bachelor degree equivalency. Submitting the Chinese transcripts is not possible as I have tried contacting the university multiple times and I have been ignored, and the process for submitting Chinese documents is complicated.
I am considering taking this course https://www.lsbr.uk/course/othm-level-7-diploma-in-strategic-marketing/ and avoiding doing the equivalency for my bachelor because of this issue, or even a 1 year online master's degree.
What do you recommend I do? I would greatly appreciate your help.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
I have completed the first 2 years of my Bachelor's degree in China, then completed my final year in England. However, after graduating, the university in England only supplied me with transcripts from the final year which only shows:
  • A list of the courses I studied in the final year along with the grades
  • Total credits: 120
  • Qualification awarded: Bachelor of Science in Computing
  • Degree classification: Second Class Honours Division Two (2:2)
It does not mention anything about my past two years of studying and the university did not agree to give me any document that proves that I transferred those courses.
I would like to know if I can just submit the final year transcripts and the bachelor degree certificate from the UK university to World Education Services (WES), and not mention anything about studying in China, to obtain the bachelor degree equivalency. Submitting the Chinese transcripts is not possible as I have tried contacting the university multiple times and I have been ignored, and the process for submitting Chinese documents is complicated.
I am considering taking this course https://www.lsbr.uk/course/othm-level-7-diploma-in-strategic-marketing/ and avoiding doing the equivalency for my bachelor because of this issue, or even a 1 year online master's degree.
What do you recommend I do? I would greatly appreciate your help.
For doing assessment, WES asks for transcript and completion certificate to be sent by the Uni directly to WES. If they are willing to provide both then all good. Otherwise contact WES how to go ahead.

utkarsh@744

Mar 23, 2023
Hello I have a question my diploma is ATHE HND LEVEL 5. How can I do wes or ICSS for immigration purpose and who I can contact to send the document to WES directly I have done my studies from India but I received ATHE qualification. Pleas help me I am so confused

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello I have a question my diploma is ATHE HND LEVEL 5. How can I do wes or ICSS for immigration purpose and who I can contact to send the document to WES directly I have done my studies from India but I received ATHE qualification. Pleas help me I am so confused
First of all make an account on WES website, pay the fees, contact your insitute to send docs directly to WES, pay their fees, wait for your Uni to send them to WES, WES will notify you once they receive your docs and evaluation will be done.

EmKayOne

Apr 2, 2023
Hello dear,
I have completed
1. Technician Diploma in Construction (IVQ 3) - City & Guilds, UK
2. Advanced Technician Diploma in Construction (IVQ 5) - City & Guilds, UK
3. BSc(Hons) in Civil and Structural Engineering (Top-Up Degree) - Liverpool John Moores University, UK

* Does my qualifications approved by WES?
* If yes, will they considered my degree as a 4 year degree or not?
* If yes, will I able to migrate to Canada as a Professional Civil Engineer.

please help me with this issue.

Last edited:

EmKayOne

Apr 2, 2023
I have completed
3. BSc(Hons) in Civil and Structural Engineering (Top-Up Degree) - Liverpool John Moores University, UK

Ed Doetzel

Star Member
Nov 9, 2022
Calgary
I have completed

If your BSc top up is equivalent to a three year engineering year degree (as many in the UK are) then you likely will be assigned technical exams.

I graduated from just a three year diploma and was assigned many exams but ultimately became a professional engineer in Canada without a degree.

You can read up on technical examinations here:

https://techexam.ca/2023/01/what-is-a-technical-exam-your-ladder-to-professional-engineer

If your top up BSc. degree was the equivalent to four or more years in length then your education should be accepted as part of the "Washington Accord" as equivalent to a four year engineering degree from Canada. You can read about that here:

https://engineerscanada.ca/accreditation/the-washington-accord

I would assume if your degree is enough for the UK Engineering Council then hopefully it will be enough for any province in Canada. If not, then you will likely be assigned examinations. That your education path was through laddering shouldn't factor but I can't say for sure what you should expect.

Last edited:

Dhisha

Apr 6, 2023
Hello Everyone,
I'm in the process of creating my EE profile as the main applicant, as I did not evaluate my wife's bachelor degree, what should I mention in her education section?
IF I want to select Bachelor degree and ECA is not done. Do I still need to provide her educational credentials after ITA?
If I select none for education, would it be a misrepresentation?
Should her work certificate letters also be as detailed as mine?

Thank you
anyone plz
Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years)
Hi anyone please help me, WES evaluated 4 year degree. My question is how to update the duration in the express entry profile? Is that ok to update 1 year? I am thinking does visa officer get confuse? Do i need to give any explanation?

Nattysingh

Jun 6, 2023
Hello All

First of all thanks a lot for this great forum and thread.

I have got most the my queries solved in this thread.

Just wanted to reconfirm that if i have done edexcel Level 5 HND ( Nautical Science) in 2005/06 from UK and now wish to apply for EE. As per the feedback I read in this thread, HND level 5 is 2 yrs undergraduate.

1) How can i verify my no. of credit for HND 5 ( 1 yr full time) as it is not mentioned on the certificate.

2) Should i go for Level 7 Btec in strategic management and leadership from pearson and then top up MBA and apply EE.

3) How can I covert level 5 HND to 4 yrs canadian equivalent Bachelor's degree which can be evaluated by WES.

Many Thanks in advance.

Best Rgds
Natty

ishan22

Jun 12, 2023
I have partially completed Chartered Accountancy ( coporate level ) will it be equivalent to a higher national diploma if evaluated by WES

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
I have partially completed Chartered Accountancy ( coporate level ) will it be equivalent to a higher national diploma if evaluated by WES
What do you mean by partially completed?
WES requires a completion certificate and transcript certificate to be sent by your Uni to get your education evaluated. So if you qualify for them then all good. Better to check WES website to get an idea about your evaluation level. They have a tool somewhere on their page for doing so.

Ed Doetzel

Star Member
Nov 9, 2022
Calgary
WES requires a completion certificate and transcript certificate to be sent by your Uni to get your education evaluated.
Are you sure about that? There are several regulators who do not require a degree to apply.

https://techexam.ca/2022/12/how-to-choose-the-province-where-you-should-qualify-as-a-professional-engineer-for-technical-exams

Perhaps for immigration but you could presumably complete your technical examinations and qualify as an EIT before you immigrate.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Are you sure about that? There are several regulators who do not require a degree to apply.

https://techexam.ca/2022/12/how-to-choose-the-province-where-you-should-qualify-as-a-professional-engineer-for-technical-exams

Perhaps for immigration but you could presumably complete your technical examinations and qualify as an EIT before you immigrate.
OP asked for WES so I explained about WES. The link is for professional degree. Its different for professional as that for IRCC. Moreover they are asking about partially completed degree which can't be assessed by any ECA body.